Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating real food too soon

I hope I am posting this in the right place, I am new to the site.

I will be two weeks post op in 3 more days, I slilpped this morning becasue I was so hungry that I ate some yougurt, which seemed fine. I tried eating some scrambled eggs, I do not think this was fine, I think that it is still in my pouch, liquid goes down, but I don't even feel hungry at 7pm. I ate the eggs at around 10:30am.

I am worried that I have ruined myself as it feels as though I am full still. What do I do? My husband wants me to go to the ER, I say it will just take alot of time, I don't know if the stoma is blocked or just that the eggs were chewed up enough and they are taking time to go thru the stoma. Any helpful suggestions?

kayoyak: If the eggs were stuck, you would probably be in pain and you wouldn't be able to drink liquids easily. Your drinks be coming back up or going down slowly and painfully. Different doctors have different protocols on when you can start mushie foods, and it seems most start us on soft foods at two weeks. A few go a little earlier and some go later, and I always feel it's best to follow your own doctor's orders, especially post-op while your stomach is healing. At least you're pretty close to your two weeks, and I sure wouldn't push it again, especially after the day of worry you've had.

Edited by kiz

I want to thank you for replying to my post, its helpful to hear from someone further along in the program. Your right, I doubt I will try that again before I am ready.:scared2:

I want to thank you for replying to my post, its helpful to hear from someone further along in the program. Your right, I doubt I will try that again before I am ready.:scared2:

How are you feeling today? It's funny, even after a year, I still find that sometimes the exact same meal will seem to keep me full forever, while other times, not so much.

Hi Everyone I am five days post op. I was suppose to do Clear Liquids only for seven days. But I was beginning to feel really depleted for the first time. I had a can of microwave Tomato Soup (campbells ) and about 6 crackers. And my hubby bought me some Isopure plus instead of the no sugar no carbs isopure. And I had a little bottle of that with my Soup and crackers. I was able to keep it all down. Did I really blow it ?

Hi Everyone I am five days post op. I was suppose to do Clear liquids only for seven days. But I was beginning to feel really depleted for the first time. I had a can of microwave Tomato Soup (campbells ) and about 6 crackers. And my hubby bought me some Isopure plus instead of the no sugar no carbs Isopure. And I had a little bottle of that with my Soup and crackers. I was able to keep it all down. Did I really blow it ?

The honest answer is there's no way for us to know for absolutely sure. My guess is, probably not, but I would not eat the crackers again until you're on mushie foods. The danger of moving up the food groups too quickly is that you're stomach will churn to digest your food which may impact how well you heal where your doctor has stitched in your band. Of course, the better you're healed, the safer you are from having a band slip down the line.

I was on full liquids for two weeks, and it would really help us understand the process if there were definitive studies on what impact clear liquids, full liquids, or mushies have on the healing process. Probably, like most everything medical, there's conflicting information, and our doctors are using the best judgment (at least I hope they're using their *best* judgment, and that their judgment is *good*). My advice is to follow your doctor's orders though.