Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member that has been lurking for quite a while

Guest NatalieFay

Guest NatalieFay

Hello all,

I thought that I would introduce myself. My name is Natalie and I have been investigating the lap band surgery for almost a year now. I made up my mind in December of last year that this was the surgery that I wanted for myself. I lost my job the beginning of January thus the loss of the medical insurance. My new job started in January, but my insurance did not kick in until May 1st. I am currently starting over the process of the pre-approvals, etc., and hope to have my procedure done by the end of this year.

I am a single mother to a beautiful 18 month old daughter that is my pride and joy. I want to have this surgery so that I may live to see her grow up.

I currently weigh 380 lbs and am 5'9" tall. I am 30 years old with a great job, great life, and a wonder child. I truly feel that I am blessed. The only battle that I have in my life in my weight. I have been struggling with my weight all my life and gained 65 lbs with my daughter that I have not lost.

I have been a lurker to this board for a few months ( hope you don't mind) and feel that I know some of you, so I thought that I would post an intro about myself.

Natalie

Hi Natalie, Welcome, you have come to the right place for support and knowledge. Lots of good people here who care. I'm glad you have come out of "lurk" mode and decided to join us ;)

I wish you luck on your approval. I hope you get your band by the end of the year. Please comtinue to post and ask questions :)

Welcome to LBT....take off your coat and shoes and stay for a while!! There is lots of good info here...and if you have any questions and can't find the answers.....just ask!

I have been a lurker to this board for a few months ( hope you don't mind) and feel that I know some of you, so I thought that I would post an intro about myself.

Natalie

We don't mind at all, but we sure are glad you are out of that closet now! ;):):)

Good luck with your journey to get your band. Please join in our conversations, and keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Natalie, glad to have you on LBT. This site is such a great source of information and support. I think you have made a great decision in deciding to get the lap-band.

Hi Natalie,

Welcome aboard. They give lots of good advice here so don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you come up with.

Guest NatalieFay

Thanks for all the warm welcome and well wishes! I look forward to speaking with you all on the other threads.