Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vegas Bandsters - Support Group

I live in Logandale and would love to attend the August meeting. We are leaving on vacation on July 12th, so I can't be there then. This is great!

Confirming the date: SUNDAY, JULY 13th

The Place: Cafe Babareeba at the Fashion Show Mall

The TIme: 1:00 pm

I will make a reservation under Mary McCarthy.

Hi Everyone... I finally found the post... You already have me listed on the RSVP list! :biggrin2:

I'm really looking forward to meeting those of you I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting and comparing notes with all of you as well... Even though my family and friends have been wonderful, it's going to be a huge help to have other bandsters to sit and talk with...

I don't get to the regular meetings- so this will be great for me...

Hey Everyone,

I made our reservations today and since then had a cancellation. There are two others I am no longer sure about. If you decide that you cannot make it, PLEASE let me know so I can call the restaurant and let them know.

Hey everyone!

I'm new also and waiting to get banded. What I want to know is which DR did everyone go with and what was the average cost. My insurance will only cover 80% up to $8,000. My sister is pitching in the rest for a b-day gift. I'm trying to get an average cost with pre-op, surgery, and post-op. So far, I've had two quotes for $16,000 which didn't include pre-op stuff. Thanks to anyone who can reply....

I had my band from Surgical Weight Control Center. Dr.Soong & Dr. Atkinson did the very good deed. On 1/15/08. I just got a new bill. I'm on Social Security Disability. My understanding is that there are 3 different basic prices. For me it was-medicare pays 80%. I had payed $1.025.00. plus to pay pre-op blood work. With regular insurance, I think it was a $750 to North Vista Hospital. Self pay is least expensive. Also you don't have to stay overnite. North Vista Hospital bills for SWCC. This new bill is less than $500. There are other bills. Make sure you are ready for the fastest changes in your life. Learn, read & attend meetings. Get it in your head you will skip down the hall after surgery.Sounds like you have a great Sister. I do to. For me & also most people I Talk to this is the best thing in our lives. I have the best support groups, SWCC, a shrink group, my sister & the Monte Carlo Poker Room. Wish you the very best of luck. The Band is your new full time job. Sorry I don't have exact $$$ figures. It will be different for each person. So will your weight loss. Down over #117 pounds in less than 6 short months. It's work & a struggle every day but well worth it. I've had a bunch of surgerys. Spine fusion here in town, where you try to stand post-op. It's easy with less weight. Pain goes down. You will find it's all in your head. Hasta Pronto, George

Thanks, George.

So far all I've come up with is that Dr.Atkinson and Dr. Teng both charge around $16,000. I'm just biting my nails. My sister said that that sounded high compared to what she paid . She couldn't remember the exact cost of her surgery, but she thought it was around $12,000. Although she hasn't said that she would refuse to pay if the surgery ended up costing that, I feel like she was taken back with the cost. I just want this part to be over with and move on to weight loss. I can't imagine another year feeling this way.....

Hey everyone!

I'm new also and waiting to get banded. What I want to know is which DR did everyone go with and what was the average cost. My insurance will only cover 80% up to $8,000. My sister is pitching in the rest for a b-day gift. I'm trying to get an average cost with pre-op, surgery, and post-op. So far, I've had two quotes for $16,000 which didn't include pre-op stuff. Thanks to anyone who can reply....

Hi beckbat,

I was banded 4/21 by Dr Atkinson, all my pre-op stuff was done thru my primary care doctor and was covered by insurance. The surgery and post op with Dr. Atkinson was $16,000 total. My insurance would only cover $5000, so I had to pay $11,000, this covered the doctor and the hospital stay for one nite. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

Hi I just had lapband surgery on July 11th and I am moving to LV on the 21st.. Would love to join your support group. Please let me know when you have another meeting so I can join....

Thanks, DeAnn

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/nevada-local-lap-band-support/69457-vegas-bandsters-august-get-together-all-invited.html#post919373

This link will bring you to the August Invitation...

Hope you can make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!