Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Diet

This diet is killing me. I started it on 5 days ago and i have already cheated. I am schedueled to banded the 25th and hope that it will not hurt me.

weight.png

Edited by teford

I messed up a bit too, but was good most meals most of the days. My birthday fell during the middle of it and I drank wine, ate not a lot, but still ate carby things and have cake for Breakfast the next day. But I stuck to it the next week, lost 10 or so pounds and had my surgery Friday and all was well. Just keep at it.

The best thing about it for me was it got me off of the carb addiction somewhat and I feel better for it. dinner of a chicken breast and lots of veg stirfry tasted wonderful and I did just fine without rice. Now since that is how we'll have to be eating for 95% of the rest of our lives it's good to go ahead and start now. Plus it makes it easier post surgery although I must admit I am hungry or at least something in there since my tummy is rumbling a lot.

Keep at it, we all know it will be worth it!!!!:cursing:

Same here .. My surgery is on June 25th and I am REALLY struggling with the preop diet! I'm just not able to do it! Almost everyday I have to cheat as my energy level is so low :)

Do your best on the pre op diet. Try to practice with Protein Shakes before you get too hungry. I don't think many people are perfect on the pre-op, but the better you do the easier it will be on you after surgery and they will be more likely to have an easy time in surgery. I know some have had to have open surgery if the liver is too large. The pre-op diet will make all this easiery. So just try. This is going to be so worth it and will change your life!

Ok, I am on day ONE of the pre op diet and it's like detox!!! I knew it was going to be rough, but wow!!! I didn't realize sugar free Jello could taste so good!! I don't mind the Protein Shakes and the bars are kinda good. The facility I am going through requires you to buy a whole package for the 2 wk pre and 2 wk post. Lots of Protein Powder and bars...suppose to have 3 shakes a day and 2 bars plus SF jello, clear broth Soups and lots of Water or SF drink. I just got done w/ a large bowl of Soup - which isn't all that pleasant with it being in the 80's here in CA!!! One day down...a lifetime to go!!!

My surgery is also on the 25th.. I am not required to do the pre-op diet. I asked about it and he said now if you can do that then you don't need the surgery. They do have you on the liquids after surgery but he is pretty aggressive after surgery getting you back on solids.. I think it takes about 4-6 weeks. They take you through nutrition classes and fitness classes. I have a list of things to eat/drink after surgery and then after 2 weeks I go back and learn more of what I can introduce..

My surgery will take about 30-45 minutes..