Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emrg - For Those Completely Unfilled

I need your help please. It's 7am here and to early to call the Dr. but do not want to go to the Emrg room.

I got unfilled yesterday and had a Migraine by the time I got off work. I went to bed early after taking a shower and when I would lay on my left side the pain on the right side of my temple would stop but if I layed on my right I could fill the throbbing (obviously not a migraine). Now I woke up fine no headache Thanks Be to God. But up only 45min and I got a pain in my right arm like someone punched me when I went to hold it a pain radiated through my right chest are from bra line above to the middle of my chest area. I thought I was going to pass out anyway I made it to work needless to say but has any one experinced any kind of pain after a complete unfill???

Going to call the Doc as soon as they get in..

That sounds painful indeed, but I don't know what it might have to do with your unfill. Unless perhaps the needle hit a nerve and irritated it? Good luck finding out what's up!

Are you still having that pain? If so, you might not want to wait, a trip to the ER might be in order. I don't want to scare you, but I was working with a lady that did the same thing, I talked her into going to the doctor and she was having a heart attack. If you are still hurting like that, please just get checked out quickly!

Let us know how you come out!

Thank you ladies. The pain has subsided for the time being. I thought it might be a heart attack but since it hit on the right side I think I am ok. So far it has not traveled beyond to the left side it centered on the right side (front chest) and right now the most painful part is the port area, it did hurt more so when she stuck me this time maybe it was a nerve she hit but I was fine yesterday and when I woke up fine strange that it just came on like that. Here I was thinking my little boy was going to have to call 911 and they were going to see I did not have a slip on under my dress.

Here I was thinking my little boy was going to have to call 911 and they were going to see I did not have a slip on under my dress.

LMBO... MARY!!!! You are cracking me up!

How are you doing now? Youve had a doozie of a week!

Dr and everyone is in a meeting till 1:30 so I left a voice message. Pain is just dull right now but all the girls know to call 911 and everyone now knows I have no slip under. Worst part is that I ripped my nylons while the pain was happening and did not change them so you see at my ankle a hole.

Wow if it was not for my sense of humor keeping me afloat don't know what I would do.;)

Dr and everyone is in a meeting till 1:30 so I left a voice message. Pain is just dull right now but all the girls know to call 911 and everyone now knows I have no slip under. Worst part is that I ripped my nylons while the pain was happening and did not change them so you see at my ankle a hole.

Wow if it was not for my sense of humor keeping me afloat don't know what I would do.;)

I really don't think they will notice that! :):):D Heck it will probably be the first thing they take off you!

My Mom use to always tell us "Make sure you have clean underware on, you never know when something might happen". :laugh :laugh :laugh

I'm sorry to hear you have gone through this. Definately call your doctor. Take it easy and let us know what he says.

Nobody wearing clean new underwear has ever gone to the ER. Murhpy dictates we only have emergencies the one day of the month when the only clean pair are the old, stained granny ones with the stretched out band.

Mary, those ER doctors have seen everything, and they are probably wearing holy underwear, too. But that kind of pain you described concerns me, and I wish you'd get it checked out.

Update - Seems they do not think it is my band in anyway. I hope not

They say that maybe what happened is yes they hit a nerve yesterday and very well could be that is what happend as to why I felt the pain all the way from my right arm to the middle of the chest is beyond explaining.

Advice is to watch it and if I get another episode (lets hope not) to go straight to the EMRG room. So far I feel ok just tender in my chest area

Also think with the swelling of my pouch could be it's healing (bet me)

Anyway Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts hopefully I can quite being a Hypocondriac cause I feel like one.

I have had 2 situations where I have gotten something stuck in the mornings and I felt like I was going to have a heartattack. I litterally had to pull over 3 times between my home and work because it hurt so bad I couldn't drive. It must have been really stuck because it took several big pb's to dislodge whatever it was and I immediately felt normal again. I recall sitting in my car debating whether I should call 911 or not. Perhaps you underestimated your level of restriction with an unfill and maybe got something stuck? Just a guess but next time you really should go to the ER if you have too. HMMM, I guess I might need to take my own advice too. Teresa

Thank you..

I have not had that pain again (knock on wood). Hopefully will not ever come back and nothing new will happen either. Come to find out I still have restriction a whole new level but it is still there.

They called this am and since I am not having any reflux no need to go in just yet.

Hopefully this time unfilled will cure what ever was going on.

Thanks for asking Paula