Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All

I am a newbie to this forum and just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am 52 years old and from Florida. I have my first Dr appt on July 22nd. I have very few local friends and as far as family goes, I have an older Brother living in Maryland with his family. I am looking for on line buddies to help me through this journey once I begin it.:P

hi all,im gonna be 50 and getting my ban soon i still hope at 50 when i get this weight off i can look hot again lol at 50 soon

Hello all I am just 3 plus weeks out of surgery and doing good. I wonder if any of you are having a hard time getting the exercising in. I am just being lazy and wishing the band could do it all. I have managed 2 days this past week to get to the gym but I know it should be more like 4 or 5. I need to get out and move. What is your motivation..

Hi

I was never one to 'formally exercise' before the band, and I don't really see myself doing it now. However, with summer here, I have been more active in the garden, walking to work, taking the dogs for walks, parking farther from an entrance, etc. I've thought about joining a fitness club next winter - when I can't get out as much. We'll see. I don' t know how people do it -- treadmill, etc - I need to be going somewhere!

As far as finding time...I work full time, and have a couple kids still at home. Summer we have horse shows on many weekends. There's up and down stairs for laundry, housework, etc. I can't imagine finding time in a daily schedule to go away from home and exercise for a few hours... I am hoping to start riding one of my daughers' horses when I am down to a reasonable weight.

How do you do it? Do you enjoy it, or are you just more focused & dedicated than I am?

I don't seem to mind it once I'm there. Some days the time goes fast others it seems so slow. I'm lucky and enjoy swimming after a workout. Best way for me to stretch some muscles. Right now I took off for 6 weeks cause of the surgery and I can't imagine going back. Doctor said I could go back now but no way. I just don't want to. I love being lazy. I still have 3 plus years to work. Stairs are great exercise and gardening too. Up and down yep, good exercise. My only focus is not giving into to my head hunger. And that very hard.....

Hi SS,

I am also in Florida. I actually live in Sunrise in S. Florida but will be moving to the St. Pete area for a year on July 2 due to my job. I was banded on April 8, 2008. I have been successful, losing 26 lbs since then.

How soon to you hope to have surgery? Where in Florida are you?

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/245/150

Hi Alice and everyone else

I am just North of you Alice in Palm Beach County. What a shame for me that you are leaving the area. I am looking for local buddies or at least people in the general area of South East Florida. I wish you lots of luck with your new job. Do you think at some point you will be coming back to this area as you stated it was for a year?

I don't have a date yet for my surgery as I am just now starting the process. I am scheduled to see Dr. Bass on July 22nd and will go forward from there. Congratulation on your weight loss and if not else let 's be on line buddies if you want.

Congratulations to the others who posted about the exercise. I was doing exercise at Butterfly Life but they closed down in Dec of 2007 and I haven't yet found a place I like. Staying Alive isn't really my style but I am going to try Curves next. I can only doing sitting down exercise but I want more of a challenge than what Staying Alive offered. Besides there were to many people in the class and of both sexes. I am use to a small group (3 to 4 people and all females) and working out on the machines. I love swimming but due to physical problems I am not able to get out of the pool so I can't get any exercise that way. Oh well hope soon that will all change once I get the weight off and get the hip replaced.