Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Georgia wanting to mentor me?

I am new on this road and have another 75lbs to lose but for the past three weeks, the scales have stopped! I don't know what I'm doing wrong and would LOVE advice from someone who has been there, done that, and is doing well by getting to or met their goals.

Momof5 - I saw you on the Bagnato Bunch site. Where you banded by Dr. B? I was banded last October and just love my band. It's been great for me. I'm from Douglas and a mother of 4 boys. I have 3 teenagers still at home.

So you feel like you're struggling. We've all been there. Have you found your sweet spot yet, or green zone? You may just need another fill. I've only hand 2 fills so far, but there's many who need 4 or 5 to get there.

How much are you eatting and are you keeping track of your calories? Try one of the online sites like fitday.com or the dailyplanet. You might find that you're eating too little or too much.

Are you following the lapband guidelines of eatting solid Protein first and then good carbs like vegies and fruits? Try to avoid drinking your calories. I rarely have a Protein Drink. I normally only drink those when I find my calories are running a little low. I also only drink Water.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for gettting back to me!

So far I have had 2 fills. Right now I can still eat fairly quickly with not alot of problems unless its something tough like chicken. Then I have to have BBQ Sauce or ketchup. I think one more fill may do the trick. Atleast I hope so.

For the last week, I have been using MyPlate.com to keep up with my calories and it has really helped. I couldn't believe all the wrong choices I was making! I keep my intake to around 1000-1200/day. And I drink nothing but Water too. If I try to drink anything else, I find its too sweet or makes me feel even more hungry. I also excercise atleast 1 hour a day. I walk everyday for atleast 30 minutes then I either jump on a mini-tramp, do yoga, resistance training or another evening walk for 30 minutes. That has helped too. Not to mention running after kids, which I know you can relate to!

I rarely drink Protein shakes unless its Breakfast (which I am not used to eating) but all other times, I want food! That's where I think another fill would help, by not being so hungry between meals. I still can't only eat 3 times a day and stay satisfied. Nor can I simply eat 1/2 of refried Beans or other foods that so many bandsters seem to eat and be satisfied but I'll get there.

My doctor is really good about listening to me and when I feel like things aren't doing like they should, he won't make me wait forever for a fill, just as long as its 2 weeks, to give things time. So, next Tuesday is two weeks from my last fill and I think I may get another one then.

Atleast my clothes are getting really loose, now if the scales would move, I'd be even happier!!!

I think the doctors are crazy in thinking we can get by without Snacks. The obesity clinic where I get my fills at even recommend a snack. I normally eat Breakfast at 6:00 am and then around 9:30 or 10 have a lite snack. Then have lunch around noonish and a late afternoon snack. dinner is usually 6ish and then I'm fine. I'm not one who has problems with eating before bedtime. The key with this is to have a healthy snack. It might be a lite string cheese or a lite activia yogurt, a handful of dry roasted edamame, or 1/2 serving of 100 cal bag of popcorn. Even with my snacks I'm able to keep my calories between 800-1000 most days.

I've been having to have Snacks in the afternoons and before bed depends, but I haven't been choosing too wisely. So, I went to the store today and stocked up on 100 calorie packs, 60 calorie pudding (can easily add Protein Powder to), as well as yogurt and other things to have on hand. I hope this will help. I have also made a weekly menu to stick with. Lots of grilled things on it.

I would love to be able to eat refried Beans or Soup and feel full but not there yet. I had hoped to get another fill next week but my doctor is on vacation and the next week I'll be on vacation so I have to wait another two weeks!!! I am going to push myself to do my best, even when on vacation. Atleast then I'll be busy at the pool and such and food won't be as accessable.

Have you ever heard of having too few calories when excercising and your body not losing? I am wondering if that has been my problem. I jumped back into excercising along with cutting my calories and maybe my body is in shock. What do you think?

Too little food can be a problem. There has been times that I've had low carb Protein drinks just to up my calories. If you're not eating enough your metabolism slows way down and your body wants to hold onto every calorie. When I feel that's happening I up my calories for a couple of days and that seems to trick the body into easing up. Some people will regularly have one day a week when they eat more and splurge a little and that will usually prevent that from happening. That also helps them from feeling deprived.

Be careful with those 100 calorie packs and puddings, I wouldn't have them everyday. Try and slip in some fresh fruit and/or nuts some days.

I was gone last week and managed to maintain my weight, it can be done. I made sure I had healthy Snacks available and watched my portions and I did eat most everything I wanted. Went out to breakfast, chinese food, pizza, etc. In fact I ate out at least one meal everyday I was gone.

Good luck on your vacation and have a great time!