Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Georgia wanting to mentor me?

I am new on this road and have another 75lbs to lose but for the past three weeks, the scales have stopped! I don't know what I'm doing wrong and would LOVE advice from someone who has been there, done that, and is doing well by getting to or met their goals.

Momof5 - I saw you on the Bagnato Bunch site. Where you banded by Dr. B? I was banded last October and just love my band. It's been great for me. I'm from Douglas and a mother of 4 boys. I have 3 teenagers still at home.

So you feel like you're struggling. We've all been there. Have you found your sweet spot yet, or green zone? You may just need another fill. I've only hand 2 fills so far, but there's many who need 4 or 5 to get there.

How much are you eatting and are you keeping track of your calories? Try one of the online sites like fitday.com or the dailyplanet. You might find that you're eating too little or too much.

Are you following the lapband guidelines of eatting solid Protein first and then good carbs like vegies and fruits? Try to avoid drinking your calories. I rarely have a Protein Drink. I normally only drink those when I find my calories are running a little low. I also only drink Water.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for gettting back to me!

So far I have had 2 fills. Right now I can still eat fairly quickly with not alot of problems unless its something tough like chicken. Then I have to have BBQ Sauce or ketchup. I think one more fill may do the trick. Atleast I hope so.

For the last week, I have been using MyPlate.com to keep up with my calories and it has really helped. I couldn't believe all the wrong choices I was making! I keep my intake to around 1000-1200/day. And I drink nothing but Water too. If I try to drink anything else, I find its too sweet or makes me feel even more hungry. I also excercise atleast 1 hour a day. I walk everyday for atleast 30 minutes then I either jump on a mini-tramp, do yoga, resistance training or another evening walk for 30 minutes. That has helped too. Not to mention running after kids, which I know you can relate to!

I rarely drink Protein shakes unless its Breakfast (which I am not used to eating) but all other times, I want food! That's where I think another fill would help, by not being so hungry between meals. I still can't only eat 3 times a day and stay satisfied. Nor can I simply eat 1/2 of refried Beans or other foods that so many bandsters seem to eat and be satisfied but I'll get there.

My doctor is really good about listening to me and when I feel like things aren't doing like they should, he won't make me wait forever for a fill, just as long as its 2 weeks, to give things time. So, next Tuesday is two weeks from my last fill and I think I may get another one then.

Atleast my clothes are getting really loose, now if the scales would move, I'd be even happier!!!

I think the doctors are crazy in thinking we can get by without Snacks. The obesity clinic where I get my fills at even recommend a snack. I normally eat Breakfast at 6:00 am and then around 9:30 or 10 have a lite snack. Then have lunch around noonish and a late afternoon snack. dinner is usually 6ish and then I'm fine. I'm not one who has problems with eating before bedtime. The key with this is to have a healthy snack. It might be a lite string cheese or a lite activia yogurt, a handful of dry roasted edamame, or 1/2 serving of 100 cal bag of popcorn. Even with my snacks I'm able to keep my calories between 800-1000 most days.

I've been having to have Snacks in the afternoons and before bed depends, but I haven't been choosing too wisely. So, I went to the store today and stocked up on 100 calorie packs, 60 calorie pudding (can easily add Protein Powder to), as well as yogurt and other things to have on hand. I hope this will help. I have also made a weekly menu to stick with. Lots of grilled things on it.

I would love to be able to eat refried Beans or Soup and feel full but not there yet. I had hoped to get another fill next week but my doctor is on vacation and the next week I'll be on vacation so I have to wait another two weeks!!! I am going to push myself to do my best, even when on vacation. Atleast then I'll be busy at the pool and such and food won't be as accessable.

Have you ever heard of having too few calories when excercising and your body not losing? I am wondering if that has been my problem. I jumped back into excercising along with cutting my calories and maybe my body is in shock. What do you think?

Too little food can be a problem. There has been times that I've had low carb Protein drinks just to up my calories. If you're not eating enough your metabolism slows way down and your body wants to hold onto every calorie. When I feel that's happening I up my calories for a couple of days and that seems to trick the body into easing up. Some people will regularly have one day a week when they eat more and splurge a little and that will usually prevent that from happening. That also helps them from feeling deprived.

Be careful with those 100 calorie packs and puddings, I wouldn't have them everyday. Try and slip in some fresh fruit and/or nuts some days.

I was gone last week and managed to maintain my weight, it can be done. I made sure I had healthy Snacks available and watched my portions and I did eat most everything I wanted. Went out to breakfast, chinese food, pizza, etc. In fact I ate out at least one meal everyday I was gone.

Good luck on your vacation and have a great time!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alisa_S

Saw my PCP & officially started my 6 month supervised diet 07/26/24. She just told me to eat less carbs & sugar, use the air fryer and not fry my foods in grease, and to try to walk 30 minutes 3 days a week & if I can't do that (and I cannot), to walk 10 minutes daily. Told me to walk fast enough that my heart rate is raised.  She didn't give me a number as far as calories though. A year or so ago I was doing low carb/sugar free and keeping my calories at 1800 or below. She said I should up my cals to 2000 at that time, so that's what I'm shooting for now.
      Hubby walked with me today. He's in pretty bad shape so I was surprised he wanted to. We walked down the gravel road at a pretty good pace (for us LOL). 10 minutes walking and my heart rate was 115bps according to my Fitbit and 125bps according to his pulsometer. Either way, it was elevated and I was breathing hard. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start. We'll do it again tomorrow. 😁
      I should be hearing from the surgeon soon. She said if I didn't, to call him next week. Since I HAVE to do the 6 month diet & that's going to put me into January by the time it's done, I'm hoping the surgeon will let me do all my testing in January. I don't want to do it all now and have my deductible get met, only to have to pay the deductible again in January or February for my surgery. Praying that things go the way I hope. 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I'm so sorry you're depressed, but remember why you put yourself thru this surgery! You didn't do all of that for nothing. You've got this! You are strong! Lift your head up and get back in this! Go back to the basics if you need to.

You did this for you, don't let yourself down.

• stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches