Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

spinning out of control HELP!

Im on week two mushy food... and im eating way more then i should. I do okay for Breakfast (1/4 cup to 1/2 cup ) and lunch but when i get home.... its over. I work 2nd shift and stay up late until 5am est to play my computer game. And that is when i eat alot more... but im really hungery. i tried Water... and my tummy keeps yelling at me. Tonight i ate 3 salt ( kinda large ) potatoes.

I know im not getting alot of Protein b/c i usually have some refried Beans and maybe a lil mashed taters . Or over the coruse of the day i eat tuna fish . And sometimes i switch it up with Fiber one yogart or cottage cheese. Im also no where near the 64 oz of Water i need. I MIGHT be getting 20oz . It seems hard for me to do since i have to wait and hour before eating and an hour after before i can drink.

so please tell me what im doing wrong? Any advice would be awesome. It seems to me the liquid for 2 weeks was easier then this. At lest then i was not hungery.

~~jessica :rolleyes2:

I am also on mushies... What I do is have a boost glucose control for Breakfast, a 60cal nsa yogurt for snack, lunch and dinner vary( mostly turkey) When I am not eating, I am drinking Water. I use the Special K Water mix, each one has 5g of Protein. I recently found the website thedailyplate.com, it helps to track your meals,protein water etc...

Have you been losing weight??? When do you see the nutritionist again?

You don't say when you were banded. I am going to assume very recently. That be the case the first 6 weeks is NOT about losing weight, it is about healing. Yes you need to follow the liquid, mushy guidlines so as not to cause band slipage or any other complications. You have plenty of time to worry about how much you are eating after you get healed up. Cottage cheese, applesauce, yogurt, Protein Shakes, mashed potato, mashed sweet potato, eggs. These are just a few things you could eat. I drink crystal light to help get my liquid intake in. I can't stress enough that you need to drink a lot. If you were just banded more than likely you do not have anything in your band because it is a time for healing. After you get your first fill then you will need to watch closer what you are eating and the amount. You are starting on an incredible journey. It is worth it. Good luck and if you need any more advice this is the place to get it. There are a lot of wonderful people here who are or have been in the stage you are in. Keep posting and asking questions.:lol:

Jls 27

I found a wonderful drink that helped me through that Hunger feeling time you're describing and I use it now for breakfast...Muscle Milk. Its sold at GNC and I love the chocolate flavor. Best thing about it is it has 34g protein!!! It will fill you up! I usually have to drink half for breakfast and the other half mid-morning. Maybe this will give you something different and sweet to try and give you that full feeling too!

Vegasgrace-

Way to go on your progress! What an inspiration!!! Please let me know what you are doing on a daily basis...food, excercise, etc...

I want to get into a routine that works and it looks like you have found that!

Vegasgrace-

Way to go on your progress! What an inspiration!!! Please let me know what you are doing on a daily basis...food, excercise, etc...

I want to get into a routine that works and it looks like you have found that!

I paid for the band....so I let it do it's job. I was fat because I consumed to much food...plain and simple.

The band has restricted the quantity of food I eat. Thus, I lost weight.

No dieting, no exercise, no special foods/shakes/pills. Just common sense eating.

I eat a whole lot better today than just one year ago. Yesterday I got hungry while out in town and passed McDonalds/BK/Wendys/Sonic/Arbys...yep, even Subway. Didn't stop and made lunch at home. Last year I would visit those places 2-4 times a day.

Of course, lunch was a Calzone hot pocket, a few chips, and soda. But only 4 bites of the calzone, 3 chips, and well.....I had 2 sodas yesterday to fight off a Migraine. But I usually drink Koolaid with splenda/sugar mix.

Weightloss with the band isn't rocket science, and I lost weight by reducing the amount of food I eat.

shaved turkey is considered a mushie in my post op manual. this was like heaven for me and it saved my butt. The quality Protein kept me from getting hungry. I also liked egg drop Soup, refried black Beans and lentils. Get that protein in there somehow.... I also added unflavored Protein Powder to many things that I ate. It sure helps.

It seems that you know what you have to change-lose the potatoes and eat Protein. Canned tuna or chicken, egg salad, fat free refried Beans, turkey chili are some good choices. You also know you need to drink more Water. At the beginning of your day write out your meal plan and stick with it. If you need to eat more stick with sugarfree popsicles and sugar free Jello. This is about taking care of yourself. You owe yourself that much-sorry if I sound unsympathetic-that is not my intent-but your entry shows that you know what you need to do! You can do it!:P