Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating, Eating and Eating

:crying:I am two weeks postop and I am starting to feel discouraged. So far, I have been able to eat anything and everything I have wanted. I followed the diet until the mushy phase but have started eating other things now. I don't feel like anything is restricted. I am having trouble controlling my portions as it seems I can eat the same as I was before the band. I have lost some weight but afraid I may gain it all back before my fill. Please help! :rolleyes2::scared2:

:crying:I am two weeks postop and I am starting to feel discourad. So far, I have been able to eat anything and everything I have wanted. I followed the diet until the mushy phase but have started eating other things now. I don't feel like anything is restricted. I am having trouble controlling my portions as it seems I can eat the same as I was before the band. I have lost some weight but afraid I may gain it all back before my fill. Please help! :rolleyes2::scared2:

Keep your head up. I too am two weeks post op and have very little restriction. I was told that this was the time to allow your body to heal and adjust to the band. Actually, I have learned that initially when they put the band in, it is put in kind of loosely to allow the band to heal in place. Once that is done, you then get your fill and you are on the road to victory.

I'm in the same place, 2 weeks post-op. I can't seem to control my portion sizes either. I'm always hungry. I'm truly in bandster hell, like you are. I can't wait until my first fill, 7/7/08. Good luck and hope it gets better for you - Brenda

I hope you are right. If you don't mind, how much have you lost?

Counting from the day that I began the pre-op diet which was May 10, until today I have lost 20 pounds.

i know exactly how you feel... i have NO restriction at all. Since i didnt have a pre op diet, ive only lost 14lbs, but i fear that i might gain it back now that i'm able to eat ANYTHING...

but congrads, you'll be fine! i get my fill 6*25*08:thumbup:

:crying:I am two weeks postop and I am starting to feel discouraged. So far, I have been able to eat anything and everything I have wanted. I followed the diet until the mushy phase but have started eating other things now. I don't feel like anything is restricted. I am having trouble controlling my portions as it seems I can eat the same as I was before the band. I have lost some weight but afraid I may gain it all back before my fill. Please help! :rolleyes2::scared2:

I've heard of many people putting some weight back on after surgery, and between the first fill. Many have reported not being restricted. Right now it's about healing, and making sure your band is well anchored, then start the fills. Be patient, it will come.

I am 3 weeks post op and I know just how you feel. I had lost 19 lbs the first 2 weeks, and this week have gained 4 lbs back. I know I am not eating as much as I was pre op, but I do believe I'm eating more than I should be. For Breakfast I have no problem eating 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm extra thin whole wheat toast and a fried egg and black coffee. I'm really not satisfied but I don't allow myself anymore. For lunch I have been eating a Lean Cuisine, or Healthy Choice or South Beach Frozen Entree. Again, really not satisfied. Tonight, I ate 2 chicken thighs and 2 legs that were rotisserie. I hope this gets better after my fill. So I am down from 261 on May 21 to 246 today, Jun 12. I guess we just need to keep the faith and not give up.

I am a little over 6 weeks post op, and I too can still eat just about anything I want. I have had one fill so far and I am scheduled to have my next fill in three weeks. Please don't get distressed by what happens for the first few months of this process. It takes time. Slow and gradual is the best. That's why I chose this over RNY. Your habits don't change overnight and if you wake up with instant restriction you are going to be in a world of hurt. I am sure that right now your eating habits haven't changed all that much. I get things stuck occasionally, and it's hell. You have to re-train yourself. Use this time when you have a little more leeway to practice your new eating habits. As my old band director said "Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect" Take this time to practice perfectly. Trust me, it's not a bad thing. It just takes time, and you are only going to make yourself miserable if you focus on these things so quickly after your surgery.

Callie. try and go back on your post op diet right away. You are still healing. If you are on the mushie stage try and keep your portions to 1 cup. you may also want to count your calories and only consume 800-1k, no higher than 1200. When you get your fills it will help. Good luck.