Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Middletown, New York area

I'm looking for someone in that lives near me . I just moved to Middletown , New York in December. Doctor Peter Kwon will be banding me sometime in July.(I hope) So, I just wanted to "buddy up" with someone because I don't know anyone here and it would be nice to talk with someone who is going through the same thing as me .

My name is Olga I will be 38 on the 26 of June. I have a wonderful son , named David who will be 10 on July 22. and I have been happily devorced for 3 years . So if there's anyone out there please let me know. Thanks ! Olga

Edited by Olgasworld284

Hi Olga! I live in Monroe. I was banded on May 20th by Dr. Anthony Pucci at Good Samaritan Hospital. So far I have been very happy with my results and my experience with the Dr and his staff has been wonderful. I am only 4 weeks in but I would be happy to help in anyway I can. You learn pretty quickly when you get into it! :tongue:

Hi Olga, I am Eliz I also have Dr Kwon live right in Middletown ny love to hear from you. I have a daughter inthe 10th grade.

Hi there- I have just had my consult with Dr Anthony Pucci in Goshen. Can you tell me how long it was between your first consult and your surgery? Did your insurance give you any trouble? I am nervous waiting to see if mine will cover the surgery.

Hi Mary,

My first consult with Dr. Pucci was in February. Because of the insurance I have, Aetna, I had to see Dr. Pucci for 3 months before they would consider approving me. Once I got through that, all I had to do was provide 2 years worth of documented weight issues with a BMI over 40 and Dr. Pucci already had my attempts at weight lose in the past. Aetna approved me and the office called me the same day and gave me my surgery date. I have been very happy with the office and Dr. Pucci.

Thanks for the info. This is where I get nervous because I have been obese my entire life but I do not have too many documented weights. I don't go to the doctor much and when I did, I would sometimes refuse to get on the scale. This is so nervewracking, waiting for the response. I feel like, for me, this is a lifesaving ordeal. Well, guess I just have to wait and see. I am glad to hear that you like Dr. Pucci, though. He put me at ease right away at my consult. Thanks again.

Hi Mary, I have not had my surgery yet I have not met Dr. Kwon yet only his staff according to my insurance co. I have to be under MD care for 6 months with weights. I see my medical Md frequently but would not let him weigh me so now I have to wait. This I find very hard to do Ito have fought my weight all my life and hae lost and gained hundreds of pounds Do you have to loose a % of your weight first before you can do surgery? I have to loose 12% that I have done keeping it of is another story. Let me know how you are doing Thanks Eliz

Eliz-

I wasn't told anything yet about losing any weight. The doctor gave me two numbers to call for a psych eval and a meeting with a nutritionist. Guess all the rest depends on what the insurance company is going to say. Maybe, if need be, a letter from my primary doctor attesting to the fact that I have always struggled with obesity would by sufficient? Sounds like you are on the right track.....you will get there ! Mary

Eliz-

I wasn't told anything yet about losing any weight. The doctor gave me two numbers to call for a psych eval and a meeting with a nutritionist. Guess all the rest depends on what the insurance company is going to say. Maybe, if need be, a letter from my primary doctor attesting to the fact that I have always struggled with obesity would by sufficient? Sounds like you are on the right track.....you will get there ! Mary

Mary, My MD is in Middletown, my insurance co. said I had to wait 6months with a weight and food track before they will approve surgery the person who does the insurance at Dr Kwon does not think I will have any trouble with it because I have co-morbity problems. But all the testing I have had and all the Md's I have seen have been paid for by insurance with out problems my primary doctor allready wrote a leter and my psych eval will be done by my own PhD I too have always struggled and have lost hundreds of lbs. it never stays off and i still have to do the 6 months Let me know how you are making out Liz

Three weeks and still no approval from the insurance company. No denial yet either, this is so nerve-wracking! I went for the bloodwork and have an appt for my psych and nutritional eval on 7/22 and another appt with the surgeon in Goshen on 7/17. His office called the insurance company on 6/30 and they said it was still pending. Don't know whether that's good or bad.

Mary

Edited by marynascar