Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting used to band feelings....

What do you feel when you are full? What do you feel when you are hungry?

I've had to really think about the feelings the band has given me because they are so different than pre-band. For example, When I am too full, I get a pain in my left side. It feels like a cramp or a stitch that won't go away. It feel like my stomach is going to burst! But, I don't get any indigestion or vomiting.

I sometimes feel a little pain in my belly when I am hungry. This is improving with healing. I haven't lost any weight in about a week, but I'm trying not to be discouraged!

Today I'm to 3 meals a day with no drinking. I also added exercise! I'm hoping that all these new feelings click and I can start dropping the pounds.

I am trying to figure out how I feel. I don't really feel hunger, but I am much more aware of people eating and the smells of food. When I smell the food I want to eat it (I'm still eating mushy) but I am able to stop myself. I guess that means I am feeling restriction. I have an appointment for a possible fill on 7/2/08.

I am not hungry either. I also have no clue what "full" feels like. I guess I will figure it all out eventually. food really doesn't even appeal to me all that much right now. I hope that part continues.:biggrin:

oh yeah!! get the pain in my left shoulder when i'm full too! i stay full for a couple of hours, which is completely amazing. preband, i would be hungry all the time (maybe head hunger) and i would be snacking all day. now i get SO full off of a cup if not less, of mushies.

i haven't lost anything this last week, but i'm just begining, so i'm not worried. i know my body has to get used to these sudden changes.:rolleyes2:

I'm still getting used to all of the different feelings as well. I have gotten the left side pain before but the one that really bothers me is the one right in between my rib cage...at the center of my diaphram. I know that it happens when I eat too fast or too much. Today I decided that I was just going to start with one thing and then build on it if I was still hungry. It seems to have worked but I'm only at 600 calories which is the lowest that I've been in a few days.

When I eat too fast or don't chew my food good, I hurt. But other than that, I don't feel restricted yet. I have 6cc in a 10cc band. Is this normal?