Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Names???

Guest BikiniBeachy

I like August All-Stars.

Remember men will also be banded in August. Please keep that in mind when creating banners, etc.

no its not that i dont want to be part of the group, i was here before any body and when i was trying to come up with the name no one was around to help therefor i took polls in the chat and this name was decided on . i honestly dont care anymore, its just a stupid name and i only go onto the chat now anyways, but when someone has already gone through alot of work that should be taken in consideration and I shouldnt be jumped on just cause i voiced my opinion. this is just the internet not real life kwim.

Sorry if I sound stupid, but what name did you pick? August 08 with your name on it? It's pretty and all, but doesn't really say much. You are obviously quite creative and that is obvious. However, your social skills are a bit lacking. You joined in Feb. Many of us just joined fairly recently and have spent hours just trying to learn to navigate through the site. Therefore, maybe we didn't see your poll. I can't recall who started the thread of "who's getting banded in August" thread, but it's been pretty active lately. There are a few of us who have bonded and are getting banded the same month. You are right. It's just a name. So get over it. Nobody is on the warpath to piss you off. We are just people from all over with a common interest and problem. We should be supporting each other. And in my opinion, if you can't say anything nice, please don't say it at all. You are somewhat of a downer. Respectfully, but honestly....

Sorry if I sound stupid, but what name did you pick? August 08 with your name on it? It's pretty and all, but doesn't really say much. You are obviously quite creative and that is obvious. However, your social skills are a bit lacking. You joined in Feb. Many of us just joined fairly recently and have spent hours just trying to learn to navigate through the site. Therefore, maybe we didn't see your poll. I can't recall who started the thread of "who's getting banded in August" thread, but it's been pretty active lately. There are a few of us who have bonded and are getting banded the same month. You are right. It's just a name. So get over it. Nobody is on the warpath to piss you off. We are just people from all over with a common interest and problem. We should be supporting each other. And in my opinion, if you can't say anything nice, please don't say it at all. You are somewhat of a downer. Respectfully, but honestly....

Wow...that was pretty harsh !!!!

Vegasgirl - I do agree with you totally.

We do all need to get along here.

MoonandStarz - I have to say that I had a hard time reading your banner and I didn't quite make out the slimers part until you stated in a post. You are creative and you put a lot of hard work in creating your signature. I think the part where you are here first does not give you rights to creating the August name. We all should have a say no matter who was first.

ok look how bout we just drop this all cause im tired of being accused of being rude when im definetly not, i was just stating that i had made it prior to anyone coming on here, didnt say it had to stick, and i do have stuff good to say, just hate that everyone seems to be argueing with me for some reason. When i specifically said that i wasnt trying to be rude or anything. Its so hard to say stuff on the internet cause the context of the message is hard to understand so some things that are simple could be taken out of context so its easy to be misjudged.

oh as to the other question no my name was not on the signature thing, it was a totally different signature they was just side by side.

Nina,

You are right, it is difficult to read meanings in email and boards sometimes. I, personally, thought that you were a little testy in your messages but I'm really happy to hear that it wasn't your intention. I've been guilty of being a little abrupt in person, so I can only imagine how I come off on here sometimes. :)

You are definitely better at graphics than I am. I've been trying and trying to duplicate the style of graphic that folks are tinkering with because I'm not a "glittery" kind of gal. I love the name, and I love the style except for that. I tried to go on the same site to look for a quieter alternative, but none were to be found. We also have several guys on the board that would probably like an alternative. Nothing against the glittery ones...just not so much for me, you know? Will you give it a shot? I'll keep trying to come up with something too and we'll post a few up here for sharing. I have a server, so folks can just insert the URL and it'll appear in their sig line.

Moonandstraz - I would love to see some of your work as an alternative to the glittery style. I agree - most men are not into glitter:wink2:. I just have the glitter thing going beacue I was determined to make it work and it took me a freakin' hour. I am not the good with computers despite working on one all day long.

I vote August All Stars