Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

I'm breaking out into musicals here. In less than two hours I'm off to get my third fill. I can't wait! I've managed to become quite discouraged over the last few days. I lost great for a week after my fill then hit a plateau for almost two weeks. Then I lost 2 more, then struggled up and down with those two for the last week. I did call around and try to set up an appointment with a therapist but don't have one yet. I'm dealing with more than just the eating issues, have my whole husband with terminal brain cancer. So I thought it might be time to see someone. Anyone know what I should keep in mind or check when looking for a good therapist?

Back to happy thoughts though. It's a glorious morning. I have a date with a needle and some saline. Woo hoo!:thumbup:

I get my fourth fill tomorrow and I can't wait. I am stuck and have only lost 2 pounds since the first month. I am getting really discouraged. I hope my fill tomorrow will do the trick. I have a standard band but I don't know if it holds 10cc or 14cc. I have been given 4cc so I am assumeing it's the 14 since I don't feel any tightening.

Glad you are getting your fill today. Hopefully it will help take you to the next level for weight loss. I am so sorry you are having a hard time and so sorry about your husband. Keep looking for a therapist, that will if nothing else, give you someone to unload on. Take care of yourself!

Congrats on the fills you two! I know this second fill I got has made a difference. I feel more in control, less desperate. I am really happy...well besides this horrible sunburn I'm sporting. I hope that your fills work out for you too.

As for looking for someone to talk to, find someone you feel comfortable with. IF the first person, or second, or third, isn't someone you can talk openly with, or they just don't give you what you are looking for, don't be afraid to try another person. A few friends of mine have gone through the process of finding a therapist, and all have said that they went through a few before finding someone they really thought fit well for them.

Well the future looked so bright until my doctor stuck the fill needle in my belly. After 6 attempts to draw Fluid or inject Fluid in my port he determined that I need to go in and have the port or tubing replaced. He could get in the port, no problem. He just couldn't get any saline in or out of it. He said that they've been seeing a bit more port malfunctions lately. So it's surgery for me. Suck, suck, suck! Only possible plus is that he thinks he can do it without anesthesia and as outpatient. Lots of good sedation for me.

He did say I was doing great with the weight loss and to keep doing what I'm doing. I lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks. Not enough for me. But on the high side of their expectations.

Gonna have to search through the site and see if anyone else has had this happen and what to expect. Though I know everyone's experience is different.

Oh, that just sucks. I'm sorry that happened Ezma. Does the doctor think it flipped or what? I know there is a thread on that on the complications forum. I hope it is an easy recovery for you.

He's sure it isn't flipped. In fact, you know that popping sensation when the needle passes thru the rubber on the port, I felt that about 5 or 6 times.

I'm trying so hard not to get down about this. I just really didn't need anything else going on right now. My hubby is kind of excited cause he get's to take care of me. It's so sweet. He felt so bad after my surgery that he didn't get to do it. But he was busy having a brain tumor removed. I think he had a good excuse. Silly man.

If any of you are interested in that part of my life, I have a blog on the hospital's site about him, what we've gone thru so far and a bit about me and our son. It's at CarePages and his page is JeffreyAllenHale. You have to sign up but they never send you anything, it's just to help with privacy.

Edited by Ezma

Ezma I'm so sorry to hear about your turn of events. What a rollercoaster ride you've been on lately! Please keep us informed about what happens with the port. I know my doctor also said he could do port revisions and the like in the office. No wonder you were struggling!

Keep on swimming girlfriend!

I'm sorry Ezma. You have an amazing attitude, and bless you for that. I hope everything goes smoothly in the replacement of the tubing.

Good luck honey. Hang in there.

Thanks guys. You're support means a lot to me and it's 90% of the reason I maintain any bit of sanity about this band. :biggrin2:

Oh, I have an appointment with a therapist this afternoon. He was recommended by another bander from my doctor's office. I'm crossing my fingers that he's good. I don't really think there's a lot he can do I just want to be pro-active and make sure I have all the support I can in place.

Ezma! I'm so sorry to hear of all your troubles. I do hope this replacement can be done easily and hopefully without anesthesia. You have an amazing grace about you so that says so much of your inner strength. Much to be admired.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

Ezma! I'm so sorry to hear of all your troubles. I do hope this replacement can be done easily and hopefully without anesthesia. You have an amazing grace about you so that says so much of your inner strength. Much to be admired.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

Oh, now....shucks. You're making me cry. But thank you very much. Saw the shrink today. Hard to tell much though since it was the quickie getting to know you session. I'll let you guys know if he gives me any pearls of wisdom. We're gonna talk about why I occasionally do the "Give me food! I don't know what food I want but I NEED something!." until I get so full I'm totally uncomfortable and then I eat a bit more. Luckily it's only happened a couple times but it's disturbing.