Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Dream...What are your thoughts?

Last night I had the most interesting dream...

I going into surgery. When I got to the OR the doc put me under and when I woke up I was getting into the car with my husband going home. (Apparently I slept through everything! :thumbup:) We got home and I'm sitting on the couch eating a burger. I kept thinking I shouldn't be eating this but by this time I had eating about half of it. I set it down and got up to go to the kitchen for my pain meds. When I got up I felt like I just had a baby. I was really sore in my stomach area and everything around me was moving in slow motion. Also I could feel like that burger was sitting in a ball in the middle of my chest. When I got to the kitchen my hubby was cooking. I told him I was getting my pain meds and that I should have taken them a while ago since I was in such pain now. Before I took my meds I lifted my shirt and looked at my stomach. I asked my hubby how bad it looked. All I could see were some steri strips on my stomach. Next thing I know I'm at the laundry mat doing my laundry which I thought was weird since I have a washer/dryer at home. We finished our loads and as we went outside to pack the car I started arguing with someone outside. Next thing I know my alarm was going off.

Weird huh? I'm thinking it's my subconcious telling me that I need to make sure I take it easy and not jump to different foods before my time. Or I'm just super excited about being closer to getting my surgery date. Today is my final psych eval and I'm hoping after this I can call the surgeon and make my first appointment with him.

What do you think was going through my head?

Maybe the 'burger' is what you are willing to give up to start your new life... The 'having a baby' maybe the birth of a new life... Good luck to you, I am sure you will do great.. Just follow doctors orders and look forward to the new you.

Oh wow that is something to think about. I must say in my dream I had no trouble putting it down once I realized that I shouldn't be eating it. Any other time I would have finished it off and just told myself not to have another. And I must say I can not wait for my new life to begin.

Well, upcoming surgery must be heavily in your mind if it is coming through in your dreams. Perhaps sleeping through it is a good sign your going to have an easy recovery. The burger might just be your mind trying to readjust to what you eat after (although you wont be eating burgers for a while after :0) The post pregnancy feeling may just be the closest thing your subconscious could come up with as post surgery pain.

Dreams are always interesting, that is for sure.

Generally I think that dreams are fragments of things that are in the back of our minds. I also think that sometimes they don't "mean" a darn thing. Last week I dreamt that my HUSBAND was pregnant and in labor; and I punched my neighbor in the face for using a chainsaw outside at 4 AM. WTH?? What would Freud think of me??

Robin