Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOOO freakin bummed...

Ok, so I started this process the beginning of May...I've jumped through hoops to get all of my appointments in and all of my paperwork in and all that jazz..

So, I lose my job last Monday....THAT'S not even the bummer part..really no big deal : ) BUT my insurance runs out June 30..so I call the surgeon's office to beg and plead to see if they can get my in by that date. I KNOW it's a long shot and am really not all that shocked when they can't.

I did my pre tests at the hospital and my psych eval. this past Friday. Don't know how long it will take. The psychologists said I was so positive and she was going to write "Strongly Recommends" on my paperwork...

So anyway, I guess I'm going to have to purchase my Cobra insurance for the month of July and pray I can get in that month...This WHOLE process has just been a mess...

I am going through all the jumping through hoops right now too. I get dropped from the insurance december 31st due to me turning 23 august 7th. Everything should be done in october though but my surgery and my surgery should be in november. But I keep worrying my insurance is going to draw things out and make things take longer, by ordering extra tests etc (like they did last week). My nurse said she would try to get ahold of them and tell them I dont need the tests they wanted. But either way if things go WELL surgery will be in November, if things fail no surgery at all for me, which would bloooooooooow and I would be so upset

mpope - the same thing happened to me. I worked on the process since January and was laid off on April 7th. Since I had made it so far, I was determined. I have purchases 3 months worth of Cobra insurance at 319.00 per month and am now 2 weeks POST OP. Sure glad I did it. 3 months of Cobra sucks but it is better than self pay and I knew I couldn't take off all that time once starting a new job.

With unemployment paying my bills (well almost) I can take off the time I need to heal. I have lost about 2 pounds a day since surgery on May 29th. The hard part now is......the liquid diet!!!!!!

If you are serious and collecting unemployment, I would say GO FOR IT!

Who knows when you have the chance again!

I talked to the surgeon's office today and asked if I could possibly get a date for July, but they want allmy test results back and all and I understand that. Don't like it, but I understand it.

if you can keep the cobra insurance until the next job. i am having my surgery on the 25th, done on cobra because I lost my job, jesus, 10 months ago. If you have the surgery and only have cobra for that month, how will you pay for the fills? the fills at my hospital are expensive cuz of the way they do them. anyways, try to keep the cobra, and hopefully you'll have a new job soon

maddss - I will keep the cobra until the first fill. Cedar Sinai in west hollywood charges 800.00 per fill so I won't drop the insurance. After I have my first fill, I will switch to my husbands insurance who will pay for the other fills, (it's a PPO so they pay 80% anyway).

Wow - all these stories! I wish you all luck.

Gilta