Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Starving!!!help!

ok its day 2 and I havent had anything but what they say(jello,broth) and it aint cuttin it!!My stomach is so hungry-please can someone tell me something to eat to fill me up without making me sick-I'm starved!!!!!

Everyone's doctor is different, but my doctor told me I could have anything that would go through a straw. Did you know thin gravy goes through a straw, especially well pureed sausage gravy. I would just have a tiny bit at a time, but it did help the hunger. I also used s/f popcicles and hard s/f candy. A lot of this is mind games, because it does pass, but you can't dwell on the fact you haven't eaten, it just makes the hunger worse. You need to keep busy, like walking is great for you.

I hope to never have to eat another Jello, LOL. I had my fill of those during the first 2 weeks.

Hang in there, you can do it.

I did myself in by not really eating tuesday either cause I didnt want to possibly feel worse on wednesday based on what I had eaten the day before so here we sit 730 friday night-72 hours since I last really ate(then it was 2 chicken tacos)and Im sooooooo hungry.I personally love Jello but its not filling the void.I was never a hefty eater anyway I was just a junk eater.Im goin for mashed potatoes maybe......Today I had 2 jellos and some nasty chicken broth-lol.I should be happy I can eat that though-I just got email from Paul who was another person having it done same day as me and he is back at dr kuris office cause he cant hold even Water down.I hope all works out for him.

are you allowed to have Protein Shakes yet? If so go to the store and grab a ready made can of the Atkins Advantage chocolate flavor and pour it over ice. It has lots of Protein and the protein will help with the hunger. Be careful with the mashed potatoes so soon after surgery. I know every doctor gives different post op instructions, I was not allowed mashed potatoes until 3 weeks post op. I was told eating anything that I would have to digest was not good for me so soon after surgery. It is important to let your band set in place and for you to heal from the inside. Digestion can make your tummy have a work out trying to digest any mushy or solid foods. Take it slow. Try a Protein Shake it will help. Hang in there it does get better :)

Oh you poor thing... I completely remember that stage and just like you, I was STARVING at day 2. Have hope though because mushies and eventually solids actually really satiated me once I was able to have them. Definitely try thicker fluids like Protein Drinks, V8, pudding. Those things helped me shortly after surgery. Best wishes, Teresa

I am on day 5 of liquids, and it is getting easier. only 3 more to go! I find it easiest if I continue to sip all day. flavor Water no cal or carbonation. anything. I was excited this afternoon at a working lunch I was able to order beef broth!! sounds as good as it was. Just try to keep occupied. I have to everything I can think of, hang curtains, change bedroom deco. you name it. tomarrow I shop! maybe for some skinny clothes.

Just keep busy and stay away from others eating. Tonight I literally cried for food. had to get out of the house.

do the countdown. sipping Water is the best it keeps you full satisified. Keep in mind that the better you are, the more shrinkage of your liver, the easier the surgery will go.

Best of Luck>>

Hey alatina! We should be buddies since we were banded the same day!

I was going through the saaammme thing today... now that the pain is subsiding, I'm feeling hungry as hell... esp since I was on a 10 day liquid diet before surgery.

I'm scared I'm going to mess up and eat something and really hurt my stomach-- after surgery I actually had several nightmares where I ate before I was supposed and my stomach began bleeding like crazy and all my incisions burst open... lol.

To make it worse, I'm D Y I N G for a cigarette.

Try drinking the broth from chicken noodle Soup, it's better than normal broth. That helped me a little and had more seasoning to it. Decaff tea also seemed to fill me up a bit! I'm just wishing I could even drink milk at this point....But I still have several more days to go =(

Good luck with everything! Feel free to email me if you ever want to talk, since we'll be going through the same stages at the same time!

<3 Lisa

since the day after my surgery which was on the 21st i was allowed what my doctor called full liquids which includes yogurt pudding creme Soups and of course all the real liquid foods but i have been more than satisfied with a small bowl of Tomato Soup and a yogurt or pudding.. i would call and ask your doctor if these things are ok.. they are much more filling than just clear broth

lol-well Im glad I wasnt on THAT testing panel.Although I love lima beans.Its weird when I came to houston what we called butter Beans in alabama is what they called lima beans-my lima beans are green not beige-lol.Im not a big fan of butter beans.