Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Day Pouch Test

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Has anyone tried the 5 day pouch test? I am going to do it this week. I have been making bad choices and need to get back to basics. I think this will help.

I actually printed this last week and am planning on starting it tomorrow. I leave for vacation on friday and thought this would be good to do. We will be in Cancun for 2 weeks, and I haven't had a fill since febuary. I will be getting one when we come back...

I did it last week for the first time. :) It worked really well! I fell off the wagon and needed to get back on. I did mostly shakes, Soup, yogurt. I can tell the difference!

I actually printed this last week and am planning on starting it tomorrow. I leave for vacation on friday and thought this would be good to do. We will be in Cancun for 2 weeks, and I haven't had a fill since febuary. I will be getting one when we come back...

Shalee, I am glad you are going to do it too. We can support each other this week if it gets tough.

Cristal - That is great to hear. I hope it helps me too.

Hey Girls!

I have been considering it as well. What kind of shakes are you going to do? Do we to keep under a certain amount of carbs? I just might join you.

Cindy

I looked at it a few weeks ago, but didn't have the drive to start it. Dang it. If all you gals are going to do it, you are probably going to drop several lbs and get even further ahead of me. This means I'll have to do it, too. ;o)

I'm going on vacation next Saturday, so maybe tomorrow is a good time to start. Perhaps I'll be a little tighter when I am around "bad" things.

Cindy,

I don't think there is a specific carb target but I think we are supposed to go for low carb Protein drinks. I am using powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate which I really like and it has only 4 carbs. So far today it is going well.

I brought Tomato Soup for lunch and I brought some SF jell, SF pudding and chicken broth in case I am starving later. I also mixed up 2 servings of Unjury for later too. I am definitely covered for today and tomorrow on the liquid phase.

Foofy,

The more the merrier. I hope you decided to do it. The more support we have the more successful we will be.

I am sure by the end of the day I will craving odd things but I will not cave. I will pretend I just had surgery and if I don't follow it I could damage my band.

I just bought a new Protein powder last week, It's Myolean, Peanut Butter cup flavor. it has 42 grams of Protein, and 13 carbs. and only a couple grams of sugar. taste is ok, it doesnt mix up real thick, but I am playing with it to see what I can do there. I prefer a thicker shake, but taste wise it's not to bad. I also have some homemamde broth to drink in my freezer....

I did find I have to break this into 2 drinks as I can;t drink so much at once....

Hey everybody,

How was day 1? It wasn't bad for me. I got hungry a couple of times but I would eat some SF pudding or have a Protein shake and I that would satisify me. I lost 1 pound yesterday. I was thrilled to see that and suprised because my sodium intake was very high thanks to the Soup.< /p>

Yesterday I ate/drank:

3 Protein shakes

Tomato Soup

1 SF pudding cup

1 SF Jello cup

Starbucks tall Skinny Carmel Machiatto

Hot and sour soup (made from a packet I bought at the store)

64 ounces Water

I felt great yesterday too. I made sure that I got in all my calories because my body refuses to lose weight if I don't eat enough. It was nice to not be in pain while eating. Of course, the pain is never bad and only lasts for the first few bites but it was still nice not to have to deal with that. It was also nice not to obsess over what I was going to eat. I had very little to choose from and that made it easy.

I hope everyone had a great day 1!

I think this is working. I haven't been as hungry today and I've had a lot less to drink so far. It is so nice to feel in control again.

I survived day 2. I am down 1.6 pounds after the first 2 days. It is nice to be back to solid food today. I had a boiled egg for Breakfast and I will have tuna for lunch. I brought another boiled egg to have as a snack later if I need it.

How is everyone else doing?

I didn't actually start it yet. I didn't have anything to work with. Need to go food shopping and don't have the time to squeeze it out. I need to order my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder as I used the rest last week. Is there anywhere to get it without buying it online?

Glad things are going so well for you. I can't wait to start it. I think I will shoot for it on Monday when I can get the stuff to be successful with it.

Cindy

I made it through day 3. I've lost a total of 3 pounds so far this week. I know the goal isn't weight loss for the 5 day pouch test but I would have been very disappointed if I hadn't lost. I do feel much better while eating. I can tell my pouch seems happier. LOL No pain while eating and food goes down better. I think we definitely need to give it a rest every once in a while. This seemed to do the trick. I am thinking about doing one day of liquids every week. We'll see if I candle that.

I did day one, but blew it on day 2 and well that messed up day 3 and 4.... Oh well, I will do it when I come back from my vacation in 2 weeks. we are leaving tomorrow for 2 glorious weeks on the beach in cancun. Hopefully I will come back thinner and tanner. :-D Last time we went it was for 10 days and I came back about 7 pounds heavier. it's an all inlusive resort. But this time I wont be pigging out on all the free drinks and food like I used to. I will enjoy all the activities this time. :-D

Well, I didn't make it the full 5 days but I do feel better. I think letting the stoma rest for a few days on liquids was beneficial. I no longer have pain when I eat. I think it needs to rest every once in a while.

I lost 3 pounds on the test but I had a small gain over the weekend because I was bad. I do know now that I need another fill so I am going next Tuesday. I haven't had a fill since January 30. I can definitely eat too much.