Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from SE Wisconsin that has or is goining to be banded?

Hi Wisconsonites. I live in Baraboo. We did survive the floods but my son from Spring Green has probably lost his house. It's still too flooded for FEMA to inspect. A lot of local roads are still being repaired. How about the rest of you?

Hi Sfeiner, I am so sorry to hear about your son's house. I'm down in Walworth Co. and we are okay here. This really has been the worst flooding in WI as far back as I can remember.

Hi Sfeiner,

Sorry about your son's home. I was fortunate and didn't have any flood damage. I live in West Allis, however the businesses about five minutes away from my apartment was not so lucky. They were closed for several days due to the flooding. I agree with Smartiegirl, this was one of the worst floods I have seen.

By the way, can someone help me with my ticker, how do I display the actual ticker instead of the link? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

weight.png

Edited by MSV529

Hi

No, no liquid pre op diet. They required a 3 month dietitian supervised diet - no carbonated beverages, and just a healthy low-cal, low-fat diet to loose weight before surgery. The dieitians assess what you're currently eating, and then teach you how to change your diet - and coach you to eat slow, take small bites, try Protein Shakes, etc. No liquid diet before surgery. They do give you a booklet with pretty specific post-op instructions, and you continue to see them regularly in the pre and post op periods.

Hi all,

I'm Erika and I live in West Allis and I'm seriously considering the lap band. I have been referred to Dr. Prewitt in Menominee Falls. I tried to make an appointment today, but the receptionist said she'd have to call me back and I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know anything about Dr. Prewitt?

Hi Everyone.......I was recently banded by Dr. Regan, at Columbia St Mary. Everything went well. I go for my first fill 7/21. I plan to attend the first support group session on Monday. I think it is helpful to know others that understand the journey.

Hi MSV529,

Yes you will receive a binder with everything outlined. Dr. Regan's staff are very good about directing you through the process step by step. You'll also eat Protein Bars during the 2 week period prior to surgery. I have some if you need them....I couldn't stand eating them after a few days!

Hey, welcome Wisconsinites!

Protein bars - I really like the South Beach Protein Bars - I look forward to eating them & they have them in the grocery stores here. I also found that low-fat lunch meat is a low cal (albeit high salt) way to get Protein too.

I can't wait till my fill later this week - my family had take-out chinese for lunch today, and I could eat WAY too much...all the fat-and-sugar laden sutff, not the healthy low fat stir-fries type stuff. It was my first bad day since... the 4th of July parties...yeah, I really need that fill! :-)

It's great to hear from some other 'locals' who are planning or have had bands!

Hi SassyV,

I am soooo glad to finally here from someone who is being banded by the same doctor as I. I was getting worried that I wouldn't hear from anyone with the same doctor. I would love to hear kind of a step-by-step of your surgery, if you don't mind, also how long did your process take?

I would love to take the Protein bars off of your hands, just let me know how much you want for them, and then we can go from there. Again it's nice to meet you. I still need help with the ticker, any help will be greatly appreciated. I can only get the url to appear not the actual ticker. Thanks in advance.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a78/weight.png

Hi SassyV,

I am soooo glad to finally here from someone who is being banded by the same doctor as I. I was getting worried that I wouldn't hear from anyone with the same doctor. I would love to hear kind of a step-by-step of your surgery, if you don't mind, also how long did your process take?

I would love to take the Protein bars off of your hands, just let me know how much you want for them, and then we can go from there. Again it's nice to meet you. I still need help with the ticker, any help will be greatly appreciated. I can only get the url to appear not the actual ticker. Thanks in advance.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a78/weight.png

Hi MSV529,

The surgery process went very well. You will attend a pre surgery class and they review each step for you. I was there 2.5 hours before my surgery and my nurse didn't come in for the first hour. I was a little worried since this was my first surgery ever! The nurse ended up being a guy who I believe had ADD. Thank goodness I saw Dr. Regan not long after and he helped me calm down. Before I knew it they were coming to get me and asking me some questions and I was out like a light. I don't even remember going into the surgery room.

My surgery was about 1:45 min. I ended up having a hernia too that I didn't know about. But everything went fine. I am healing well and actually went to a support group meeting last night. It was interesting to hear other barriatric patients talk. Although there was no one there who had been banded.

Sorry about the bars. My friends Mom just bought them yesterday. I would suggest buying a few at a time first. They come in chocolate and Peanut Butter. I only got chocolate. I think it was almost $20 a box. I was shocked. Let me know if you have more ???

Oh....just cut and past your ticker. I had problems too!

Val

I am in FOnd du Lac and am in the process- no date yet. Going to UW Madison. You???

Florn,

Just wondering if you are self pay or if insurance is covering your surgery. I was considering UW Madison, but I'm having issues with my insurance and may not be covered by it so I may be self pay. I thought that UW Madison would be less expensive that a regular hosp. but it seems that may not be the case just because it's a learning environment

Erika S.

Florn,

Just wondering if you are self pay or if insurance is covering your surgery. I was considering UW Madison, but I'm having issues with my insurance and may not be covered by it so I may be self pay. I thought that UW Madison would be less expensive that a regular hosp. but it seems that may not be the case just because it's a learning environment

Erika S.

Hi Erica,

I am self paying. I did alot of research, and it seemed the best deal to me, plus I trust UW Madison. It is $18,888 for self pay and includes all the usual preop and post op appts and fills for 1 yr after the surgery. Other places will charge extra for the fills. Hope you can find a way...

I

Hi Lizalee,

I'm currently going through the process. I had my Psch Eval 7/19 & scheduled to see the dietician 8.6 at Sinai. I will be banded by Dr. Choua also. Your weight is such an inspiration. How long did it take you to get banded after going through the process?

Hey, MSV529, thanks. I'm happy with my loss so far, but not too excited because I still have a LONG way to go...and the second half I hear is harder. But, the good thing is that there are many mini-victories along the way!

Ask away! That's what this site is for. At first I was just reading all the stuff and absorbing info...now that I have a couple months behind me, I'd be happy to share any info I learned (for whatever it's worth!)

Happy 4th!

Hi Blessed2, I'm going to Dr.Chua also! My psych and deit consult are Aug 19. Maybe we will end up banded in the same month! Best of luck to you!