Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from SE Wisconsin that has or is goining to be banded?

Hi Smartiegirl,

I'm so anticipating getting banded but a bit aprehensive as well. Congratulations on your weightloss so far. :)

Hi Smartgirl & Blessed!

I went to the seminar to start the process Dec 5, 07, and ended up the earliest I could get banded was April 9, 08. The Sinai center insisted on 3 months supervised weight loss for me, but now I've heard of people who didn't have to go that. I guess it's different for everyone....

GOOD LUCK with your process & I hope it goes fast for you. It seemed like FOREVER waiting for the surgery date...but now that's it's over, as I look back it wasn't THAT bad.

I'm on another one of those little plateaus...and ready for another fill though I have to wait another 4 more weeks till my next fill. It's hard until you get enough lasting restriction to adequately curb the hunger. Right now I feel like to I could eat almost anything again.

But, I'm so happy I did it! Today I saw a bunch of people I work with who haven't seen me for a few months - they were very complimentary and surprised at the change. (yeah, loosing 100pounds will do that :-) I wish the same sucess for you both!

Hello fellow Wisconsinites,

Just thought I'd give an update. I went to my psych eval on Tuesday, the psychiatrist and I talked as if we have known each other for years. I thought I was going to be uncomfortable, but I wasn't. She was very cool and down to earth. I have my next appointment on 8/12/08, and I called the center because I wanted to know what was going to be happening at this appointment. The nurse told me that it will be the pre-op appointment, and I will also get the surgery date. Okay this may sound dumb, but is this the appointment where they will do the blood work, or is that done right before surgery? Or is this the appointment where we talk about when to start the Optifast diet? By the way, how's everyone doing?

Hi,

Well, I'm not exactly sure, who is your appointment with? In my case, the "pre-op" appointment with the dietian at the "Center" was for diet teaching regarding the post op restrictions. Once they knew my surgery date - which was scheduled through the doctor's office - then they set up a pre-op testing date - had to have blood work, upper GI x-rays, and EKG - but that would depend on your age & needs. And also a GB ultrasound (I didn't have to have it since I had mine out already.) For that day of testing there are eating rules for the tests (like nothing to eat or drink)

So it depends....just ask them! Good luck!

Hi Lizalee,

Well, my appointment on the 12th is with the doctor, they haven't told me about any special diet, unless they plan on calling me in between now and then?

Considering the insurance I have (United Healthcare) there is no special guidelines that need to be followed, so, this process is moving along faster than I anticipated. Yesterday, I received a letter from United Behavioral Health stating that I was approved. I think this is the insurance approval letter, because United Behavioral Health is the place that my insurance company told me I would have to go through in order to choose a doctor/hospital to have the procedure.

I just might give the insurance company a call just to verify. If this is the approval, this letter is dated 7/26 so, I've been approved since then. It also has an effective date from 7/25/08 to 7/25/09. I will also be calling the doctor's office back to see exactly what this appointment on the 12th consists of. Thanks for all of your help, I appreciated it.

I live in Milwaukee--just met with my dietician a few days ago. Will meet with psych next week. Once approved, Dr. Chua will perform surgery at Aurora.

Anyone out there insured under Wisconsin Badger Care Plus

through United Health Care? If so, do you know what their criteria is for getting authorized? I contacted UHC and the rep stated she could not give me the info.:(

Hi ladybyrd,

I sent you a privet message about your question. I'm going through the program at Sinai for Dr.Chua too. I just finished a 3-month diet and now I'm waiting for my first appointment with Dr.Chua. I'm happy to talk with you any time!

:rolleyes2:

Hey cheese-heads!

Just moved to the area from FL. I'm going to be banded Aug. 12th... can't wait!

Congrats! I was banded in May and things are going slow but surely in the right direction. I have by third fill appointment on Monday and hope I get just a little bit more. While I have good restriction, I'm starting to get hungry in 3-4 hours instead of the 4-5 I was experiencing after the last fill. Othere than that, things went great and I'm thrilled to have been banded. Best of luck to you also!

Guest brockwayn

Hi all.

I was banded by Dr Regan on Dec 2nd. I was planning on going to the support group tomorrow at Columbia St Mary's but my job may prevent that.

For those who are about to be banded, if you are looking for someone with a wonderful bedside manner, just know Dr Regan is not it. Since surgery, I've been very disappointed in the care of received from him.

Guest brockwayn

Yes you should call. I also have UHC and they required a 6 month pre op program for me.

Hi Lizalee,

Well, my appointment on the 12th is with the doctor, they haven't told me about any special diet, unless they plan on calling me in between now and then?

Considering the insurance I have (United Healthcare) there is no special guidelines that need to be followed, so, this process is moving along faster than I anticipated. Yesterday, I received a letter from United Behavioral Health stating that I was approved. I think this is the insurance approval letter, because United Behavioral Health is the place that my insurance company told me I would have to go through in order to choose a doctor/hospital to have the procedure.

I just might give the insurance company a call just to verify. If this is the approval, this letter is dated 7/26 so, I've been approved since then. It also has an effective date from 7/25/08 to 7/25/09. I will also be calling the doctor's office back to see exactly what this appointment on the 12th consists of. Thanks for all of your help, I appreciated it.

I was lap banded on 4/28/11 by Dr. Wallace, from Froedert Medical Center. In 2 weeks I lost 23 lbs and for the 6 months prior to surgery I lost 54 lbs. I had my first appointment this week and everything is looking good. I just got to slow down when I eat.

Hello I got banded on Feb. 2nd in Mexico but I will be going to Dr. Chua for my fills. I live on the south side of Milwaukee and it would be great to have some local supporters.

Dr. Chua was my surgeon! He's really nice, his PA as well. In fact, I go to her for fills since he's usually busy.

I was banded by Dr. Chua in 2008 & I still go to him for fills. They are pretty nice there, I like Vicky (I think that's her name) she cracks me up.