Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi just wanted to introduce myself....I am 50 years old have had weight issues my entire life. Just completed my nutritional visit, sleep study and psych clearance. I hope to have my next appointment with my surgeon in the next two weeks and if all goes well get the date for banding at that point. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Looking at the diet after banding I wonder if I can do it....tried to follow the diet but soon realized it was like going out in a rowboat but leaving the oars behind...I didn't have the tool to succeed ..... at this point I am practicing eating slower and not having drinks with my meals...both will be a challenge......but I am ready for this...... I think. Looking forward to getting to know some of you as I join this journey....

I was banded 1 1/2 weeks ago and feeling great! I was nervous and reading on here all the time (still am reading). I worried that I would not be able to do it either but guess what - as soon as you have it you know you have to do it and you can't take it out so you have no choice but to do it :thumbup:

I can tell you that I did not have to go on a liuqid diet just a low calorie pre-opt diet and I cheated on that and was scared to death the day of surgery they would come in the room and say WE KNOW YOU WENT TO APPLEBEE'S THREE DAYS AGO SO WE CANCELED YOUR LAPBAND :thumbup: but it never happened cause I got my band!! :)

I thought about practicing my eating too, but it never happened.......I found after I woke up the fullness you have from the surgery slows you down anyhow and you naturally slow yourself into it. Then when I got home I was SCARED :thumbup: to drink to much cause you think your gonna blow something out of place.

I went out to dinner with my husband last night (we got stuck out and needed food) so he had and steak, bread, salad and all and I ordered chicken Soup and mashed potatos and ate REALLY SLOW making sure I took out all the meat and chewed the rest up to nothing - I won't lie I was SARED :thumbup: and I only ate a small amount of the mashed potatos (first time I had them) and I got SO FULL on such little amount and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD and my husband eating in front of me did not bother me at all because I was FULL AND HAPPY :thumbup:

If this band is gonna work even better after some fills this is gonna be NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: I got so hungry on the pre-opt diet I had trouble sticking to it........but HEY!! If your not hungry you don't need to cheat on the diet!!!! I'm gonna LOVE THIS BAND!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to you!!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by TDPW4

Hi, I'm a 54 year old female, and was banded on Monday June 2nd. I had the same fears that you do. My doctor didn't require a pre-op diet, so I didn't prepare myself as well as you are. I'm now drinking all my liquids (2 week post op diet, per my doctor) out of 1/4 teaspoon to avoid gulping, which can cause gas pain. It's only been 5 days now and I feel I can be successful at this.

Good luck with your journey, don't be scared, if any of us could have succeeded in dieting, none of us would be bandits (or bandsters).

Sally

Edited by allyfran