Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain in my mid back and between my shoulders

Has anyone experienced pain in the middle of your back and in your shoulder blades? I have been having quite a bit of heart burn and now this...any ideas??

I had pain in my left mid to upper back in shoulder blade area. It wasn't associated with heartburn but felt maybe more like "referred pain". It has now gone away but I'd say it hung around for at least 2 1/2 mths and I'm just about 3 mths since surgery.

well I thought I'd just leave you with this, if is within the first month it still could be pockets of gas. But if you are having reflux/heartburn and having those pain and you have lost weight already it could be your gallbladder. Lots of the go bad after the band or bypass. Hope it's just gas..Good Luck

Shee:thumbup:

Heartburn after banding is ALWAYS due to the band until proven otherwise. The referred pain to your back also indicates that you should see your band surgeon, as soon as possible. It could be something unrelated but because reflux/heartburn is such a common symptom of band problems (usually too-tight fill but others as well) it should always be checked out by your surgeon if it isn't just a brief, one-time fluke thing.

i was banded june 2

the pain in my lft shoulder neck area is very bad...

it seems to come and go.

I'd let your surgeon know about that pain. Mine went away after approx. 2.5 mths but it wasn't in my neck just left shoulder blade/upper back. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't have any heartburn. surgery was on 03/1/08

Thank you all very much for replying, this is the first time I got a response. I had my surgery 10 1/2 months ago and have lost 92 pounds. I called my doctor and I am going to see him this week. The hardest thing is that I keep losing weight at such a study pace I would hate to slow it down, but I would hate a complication and possible removal even more.

I really do appreciate the advice, thank you all so much!

i had back and shoulder pain after surgery. my doctor said my band came with a small amount of Fluid and that many of his patients were having trouble with it. He removed the fluid and also some air. I felt instant relief. my doctor is now making sure all the fluid and air is out of the bands prior to surgery.