Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now down 1 month/ 5 to go! This week I had my sleep study and it was horrible. The tech woke me to put on the cpap mask due to apnea episodes.Had a difficult time returning to sleep but made it through.

Upper GI was bareable. Met with the dietician today and I was feeling bad for not eating well and thought I had gained since I binged some so I answered the survey honestly (that I hated the 1600 cal. diet and wasn't following it) only to find out that I lost 3.5lbs.

I feel incredibly guilty. My friend that is going through this is trying hard and making changes and she isn't doing as well as I whom hasn't tried yet.

I told the dietician I wasn't motivated and felt like needed pressure to get serious. I was given 6 months to lose 13lbs., lost 4 so far so I have time to do the rest.

Sorry I'm rambling. I'm soooo tired and fatigued.

I don't HAVE to lose weight on my 6 month diet, just can't gain weight. But either way I am losing. :biggrin:

Macropsia, can you talk to your dietitian and maybe work out a diet plan that you think you wouldn't hate? Maybe there's another way that would be more effective for you than the 1600 calories?

my diet is between 1200 and 1600 calories usually i dont break 1400

Yes,Bjourn, I can find a way to make the diet work. I just don't see the point since I have time. After all, if I could eat properly longterm I wouldn't need the lap-band. I have trouble sticking to eating plans for more than a couple of weeks.

The dietician wants me to concentrate on eating technique this month. I'm used to inhaling meals so it's quite a challenge. I really need to focus on chewing so I don't have sticking problems.

Thanks to all for your support and kindness.

I would try to make the diets work or else it's going to be even harder after being banded.

I wish you luck.

Macropsia, just curious but how did they set the goal of 13lb loss for you? But you're right, you have another 5 months to lose whatever they've asked of you, so you can take your time and it is important that you focus on your eating technique. I'm still struggling with forcing myself to slow down and chew.

I guess we just view the six months differently. I haven't been given any minimum required weight loss but I see it as anything I lose now is weight I don't have to keep carrying around with me.

I dont have to lose but losing is a plus my only requirements for the 6 month diet is to not go below 1200 calories and not go above 1600, no soda/caffiene no carbination period, no alcohol lots of Protein and EXERCISE

My surgeon requires we lose 5% of our starting wt. before surgery to show we're serious and to eat better to help shrink the liver to make surgery easier so they won't need to manipulate around the liver as much.

my liver shrinking diet will be 2 weeks before my surgery...this diet is for insurance. my surgeon just says not to GAIN weight

well i just started my 6 month diet. he said 1200 calorie but the paper work says 1500. it doesn't matter i'm doing horribly. but its only been 8 days so far. plus i quit smoking right at the same time so this week has been hell just for that. i am hoping i can calm down and focus on what im eating and quit giving in to the sweets. i have to loose 8lbs before surgery. the bad thing for me is the dietician costs $500 and i wont have the money til income tax time (Feb) which will be my 5th month of this diet.... i guess better late then never, but it sure would help to be able to talk to someone now. OI!

I'm on a 1200 calorie diet too. I'm going on my second week. It can be difficult at times, but I've found "fitday" to be wonderful. It's a journal and an excellent teaching tool. It always makes me feel really accomplished to put in everything that I eat, even down to a squirt of ketchup. It helps you find where you're having problems at too. Some other advice? Keep busy. Read a book. Clean a closet. Brush your teeth to get that "hand to mouth" craving satisfied. If you do something, anything, you'll find the craving passes rather quickly. I'm not just talking out of my ass either, lol, I've been smoke-free for a year now.