Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one scheduled for June 27th???

I am looking for anyone who is scheduled for 6/27 that wants a buddy to go through the surgery with...

I have to start my pre-op on 6/13 and would love to bounce ideas and suggestions off someone who is going through it with me....

:tongue2:

I am having surgery the 30th so pretty close. :tongue2: I am so excited but I am worried that I won't lose weight after the surgery.:thumbup: I am not quite sure why that is my concern but it is.

that is my concern too. the band is only a tool, and a lot of what i have read is 80% of it is mental..lol! that is why i am looking for a buddy!! I figure if i have someone to check in with, compare notes with, and get/give encourgement I will do muchhhh better!!!!!!

OK so I have a question did you have to lose weight to qualify for the surgery? My insurance required I lose 5% of my body weightm which I did by doing Atkins and Water pills. Know I am back up to my original weight and I am hearing things about shrinking your liver and I am worried that I should be dieting right know instead I am eating like it's my last meal.

My pre-op is June 17th, then I see the dietician for a pamphlet to help me if I need a reference, ideas, or just suggestion at hand. My surgery date isn't set yet, but I'm hoping to be banded by the first week in July. Ugh.. I'm nervous! :tongue2:

OK so I have a question did you have to lose weight to qualify for the surgery? My insurance required I lose 5% of my body weightm which I did by doing Atkins and Water pills. Know I am back up to my original weight and I am hearing things about shrinking your liver and I am worried that I should be dieting right know instead I am eating like it's my last meal.

No, I did not have to loose any weight before surgery. I am required to do the 2 week pre-op diet to help shrink the liver. You need to stopping thinking about your last meal, and focus on how great you will look and feel...kwim? I gave up soda 45 days ago...when I start craving it, I tell myself...nothing at all tastes as good as being thin feels...as nutty and corny as that sounds..I believe it is the truth. I was a size 5/6...I know what "thin" feels like..I don't expect to be a 5/6 again, but I do expect to be in the onederland and normal size clothing instead of plus sizes...

so that is what I am thinking...

My pre-op is June 17th, then I see the dietician for a pamphlet to help me if I need a reference, ideas, or just suggestion at hand. My surgery date isn't set yet, but I'm hoping to be banded by the first week in July. Ugh.. I'm nervous! :tongue2:

If you are starting your pre-op on the 17th you should get your band withing a couple of weeks!!!!

my pre-op diet is 2 Protein Shakes a day and a healthy low carb meal. I was doing the kashi shakes, but they are to high in carbs so those will not be taken for the pre-op. My nutritionist said that the slim fast low carb drinks are ok to do...as well as sugar free carnation instant Breakfast (add 1/3 cup dry powder milk and 8 oz of skim milk...23gms of protein) I am supposed to start on Friday...but I think i will start Monday...that way I don't have to worry about the weekend...I am afraid if I try starting on Friday...the weekend will be there and I won't have my "routine" in place...

Have you sent off your information to the insurance yet???????

I'm sorry.. my pre-op testing is the 17th, that will come back in 2-3 days, then I'll see the nutrionist for my diet plan. I haven't been told that I will have to do a liquid diet for pre-op. Matter of fact, I didn't have to diet at all because my BMI is below 50. My insurance was approaved 2 weeks ago, so that's all taken care of & out of the way. From reading & talking to people, I've heard that Protein is the hardest to get in at first, so I went out & bought whey Protein Powder. Slim fast will be my friend too, I've picked up two containers of powder mix, pudding, chicken broth, and light Soups, like Tomato. My mind is set & I'm ready for the challenge, my biggest fear is the actual surgery.

Hi Onnie - My surgery is scheduled for June 25th, and I too am looking for a buddy (or buddies) to go through this with and compare notes. I'm nervous, excited, anxious ..... it has been a real roller coaster, but I just keep looking back at my weight loss attempts and up and down roller coaster and feel confident that I'm doing the right thing.

I'm cleaning out my closet tomorrow and fully expect to become a "clothes whore" in about six months.... ha .... hope I didn't offend anyone with that comment!

I'm sorry.. my pre-op testing is the 17th, that will come back in 2-3 days, then I'll see the nutrionist for my diet plan. I haven't been told that I will have to do a liquid diet for pre-op. Matter of fact, I didn't have to diet at all because my BMI is below 50. My insurance was approaved 2 weeks ago, so that's all taken care of & out of the way. From reading & talking to people, I've heard that Protein is the hardest to get in at first, so I went out & bought Whey protein powder. Slim fast will be my friend too, I've picked up two containers of powder mix, pudding, chicken broth, and light Soups, like Tomato. My mind is set & I'm ready for the challenge, my biggest fear is the actual surgery.

my bmi is wayyy below 50..actually it is 38.8 and i am still required to do the 2 week pre-op...the doc said he requires it to make the surgery easier...

Hi Onnie - My surgery is scheduled for June 25th, and I too am looking for a buddy (or buddies) to go through this with and compare notes. I'm nervous, excited, anxious ..... it has been a real roller coaster, but I just keep looking back at my weight loss attempts and up and down roller coaster and feel confident that I'm doing the right thing.

I'm cleaning out my closet tomorrow and fully expect to become a "clothes whore" in about six months.... ha .... hope I didn't offend anyone with that comment!

LOL I just did the SAME darn thing...got rid of the winter 2x clothes!! LOL...I went to Avenue and they had some really cute sweaters in 14/16 so I bought 3...figure even if I am a bit smaller than that by fall (right now i am between 18/20) that would be ok...sweaters can be worn a bit big...and they were 6.99! If you want a buddy I would be MOREEE than happy to email back and forth with ya!!!!!

i will send you a private message with my email!!!

I am having my surgery on June 27th also. And I too am starting my pre-op on the 13th. I'm having my surgery in Houston. Where will you be having yours?

Hi Texas Gal -

Dr. Waggoner is my Doc and the surgery will be at the North Cypress Medical Center on 290. I really like him - he does both the lapband and gastric by pass procedures. When I met with him and asked him tons of questions (after reading this forum for a couple of weeks) the culmination of our meeting and my decision to proceed with the lapband is because I asked him which procedure was his choice method. After careful thought and saying it was a hard questions to answer, he said that if a member of his family was to have weight loss surgery, he would recommend the lapband.

I'm a self-pay and mine is costing $15K and includes 1 year of post op doctor visits. How about you?

Hello bas! I too am a self-pay, and I have a wonderful surgeon. He is Dr. Garth Davis, you know from TLC's Big Medicine. I'm having it done at University General in Houston. I would have nothing else done except for the Lap-Band, and I absolutly love this forum.

I start my liquid diet on June 13th as well. 3 times a day - a "meal" of 1 Adkins shake, fresh or cooked vegetables and cup of broth. What will your pre-op diet be like?