Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water or Crystal Light?

I was told Laurie that as long as I drink 64 oz a day it does matter, but suggested to mix it up. You can also try fruit 2 0, No sugar juice with Spender, Propel (I love this) all are very good for fluids.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Some people are against using artificial sweetners, as it can add to weight-loss (so they say). Me, I use crystal lite and love it. I drink mostly ice-water, but sometimes just gotta have some flavor. I use the portable (little packets) myself.

Some people are against using artificial sweetners, as it can add to weight-loss (so they say). Me, I use crystal lite and love it. I drink mostly ice-Water, but sometimes just gotta have some flavor. I use the portable (little packets) myself.

Usually I just freeze my Water bottles and put them in the fridge when they have a mushy icey consistency. I adore plain cold ice water. But once in awhile I want some fruityness so I add crystal light packets.

I have had no prob with crystal light packets but I dont drink them like I used to a couple years ago. Then I always used them in my water. Now I prefer plain water.:thumbup:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Usually I just freeze my Water bottles and put them in the fridge when they have a mushy icey consistency.

I freeze my bottled Water too! I can't drink luke-warm water (YUCK!). Luckily we have an icemaker at work and I make mulitple trips a day to refill my 20 ounce cup.

My favorite of crystal lite is the fruit Punch. I swear it tastes just like Hawaiian Punch - yummy! I've gotta get me some more for my desk!

I freeze my bottled Water too! I can't drink luke-warm Water (YUCK!). Luckily we have an icemaker at work and I make mulitple trips a day to refill my 20 ounce cup.

My favorite of crystal lite is the fruit Punch. I swear it tastes just like Hawaiian Punch - yummy! I've gotta get me some more for my desk!

That's my fave too, I also cant stand lukewarm water or even just chilled water it's cold but i cant stand it I have to have some ice in it. But I adore water, it just doesnt seem to quench my thirst unless it has ice in it.

I can't do ice Water. Now that I've lost weight, I'm always cold. Ice water just makes me shiver and my fingernails turn blue. I just drink it room temperature. Not to mention my office is so cold it's like a meat locker. (I wear a coat in my office) Drinking anything ice cold now is not pleasant.

I don't do artificial sweetners as a rule. Only on ocassion. It gives me a headache, and when I do ingest a lot of it, my joints ache. As far as I'm concerned, it's a chemical poison. Just my opinion. I like water, so it's not an issue for me.

Thanks for the responses! I'm turning into a Crystal Light fruit Punch addict and carry the little pouches in my purse. :-) I used to drink Diet Coke 24x7, so getting off of the caffeine, and then the "bubbles" was a huge victory for me. I'm sure I'll get burned out on my fruit punch at some point ("red juice" as my grandson says!) but for now, it's enjoyable and I'm not quite to the point of having a deep appreciation for plain Water yet. (I live in Phoenix, so when it hits 118 degrees this summer, I'll probably change my mind real fast!)

I can't do ice Water. Now that I've lost weight, I'm always cold. Ice Water just makes me shiver and my fingernails turn blue. I just drink it room temperature. Not to mention my office is so cold it's like a meat locker. (I wear a coat in my office) Drinking anything ice cold now is not pleasant.

I don't do artificial sweetners as a rule. Only on ocassion. It gives me a headache, and when I do ingest a lot of it, my joints ache. As far as I'm concerned, it's a chemical poison. Just my opinion. I like water, so it's not an issue for me.

No matter how cold I am or how cold it is outside I have to have ice cold water...I just can't stand lukewarm/ room temp water. Ewwy lol, I very rarely use the flavorings for water anymore, once in awhile I will get some green tea ones.:tongue2:

I'm not much of a Crystal Light fan, but I absolutely couldn't live without the little Lipton tea pouches. The lemon flavored ones taste just like lemon sweet tea and they have 0 calories and are SF. They also have a Cirtus and Pink lemonade flavor that are awesome.

4C makes something with added Vitamins, but tastes just like Crystal Light. I'd highly recommend them. I think they're called Vitastix. Even if you just have their regular iced tea, fruit punch or lemonade, you're still getting all of your Vitamin C in....can't hurt to have that! I will admit, though, that I use the 23 oz. bottle of Water rather than the 16.9 oz as the sweetness is too much for me in the smaller bottle.

I talked to the Doctors office yesterday, they are the ones who turned me onto the Crystal Light to ensure I get my Water down. I got the 0 carbs with 5 calories. Too many flavors to chose from.....

I love LOVE LOVE crystal lite... my favorite is the grape or the ice tea. My dietitian told me that is all she drinks and that it's good for you. You can have anything to drink that is non caffinated and it will count as your Fluid intake.