Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Weightloss Drink

My friend let me in on something fantastic that I've been using to help lose weight. It's a shake that you can have for either one or two days. All you drink is the shake - and if you're still hungry you can have carrots - and of course all the Water you can drink. I have an extremely hard time losing weight, but every time I do this, the weight comes off. And I also feel full. So I thought I'd let you in on my secret weapon.

1 cup orange juice

1 cup cranberry juice

1 cup soy milk (I just use regular milk)

1 cup yogurt (I use French vanilla)

2 tablespoons wheat germ

1 teaspoon flax seed oil.

Blend it up and portion it throughout the day. It doesn't look like much but, trust me, you will feel pretty full - you're not going to starve - I think it's the wheat germ that does it. This is if you want to do it for two days. I always just do it for one, so I half all the ingredients. Just keep sipping it throughout the day, remixing it as you go because the ingredients tend to separate.

Now, I know you got the band because you didn't want to go on another diet, but this seriously works. It works for my friend, me, and my mom - all of whom are very resistant to weight loss. I'm planning on doing this once a week.

I'm going to try this too! .. Thanks .. I'm going on 6 months of being banded and have only lost 22 pounds! .. I'm walking and lifting weights and watching what I eat! .. My doctor referred me to an endocrynologist for a variety of testing. I'll get my results next week .. But I'll try your mystery weight loss drink .. Worth a try! Thanks

Anyone else tried this drink? How's it going Linda, is that why you've lost all that extra weight? I will give it a try as well... nothing to lose but weight !! :thumbs_up:)

I haven't tried this but have been on a plateau myself. I started the Atkins Induction on Friday to kick start my metabolism. I am keeping my total daily carbs under 30 grams for the next two weeks. Today is day three and I feel great...the cravings are pretty much gone and I have a lot more energy than I did before. Also, working for me is the exercise. I know sometimes we don't want to hear that but I am a believer in it.

As for Low Carb...just for two weeks this strict induction and then on to probably more like a South Beach approach because it includes good carbs. I have definately found my issue is carbs and I will need to keep them at bay. Funny thing is when you begin to look back at the post op diet plan it indicates Protein, fruits/veggies & then carbs if still hungry...I guess I forgot and needed a kick in the pants.

My diet has included solid Protein and salad or cooked veggies, nuts and eggs. I think I am going to make some deviled eggs today for Snacks or even lunch. I like how I am feeling eating this way and hey I am down another 1lb.

Just letting you know what I am doing.

Cindy

Good one Cindy. My problem is that I can't seem to get out of my bad habits and it doesn't help that I can still eat too much. Without restriction it is definitely all about mindset. Once I know my band is okay (this Thursday), I'm going to ask for another fill that will hopefully get me to where everyone else is.

Wow, Cindy! Another pound down!! That's great! I need to kick the carb habit too.

Sades, let us know what the doc says after your test on Thursday.

Good one Cindy. My problem is that I can't seem to get out of my bad habits and it doesn't help that I can still eat too much. Without restriction it is definitely all about mindset. Once I know my band is okay (this Thursday), I'm going to ask for another fill that will hopefully get me to where everyone else is.

Sades-

You might want to give low carb a shot after you find out the results of your test and another fill. I am now through day 3 and I must say the cravings are gone. I mean it. I made brownies for the family today and frosted them with vanilla icing....usually I would like the knife off and grab a spoonful of icing but not today...didn't have it...weird. As a matter of fact, I didn't even eat lunch today because I was not hungry. My meal was:

B: 2 eggs scrambled with 3 tbps of real bacon bits

S: Almonds a handful

L: Not hungry

S: Almonds

S: coffee w/cream & 2 splenda

D: 3 oz. Top Round Steak with 1 1/2 cups of tossed salad and Ken's Greek Dressing

S: Atkins crustless cheesecake....mmmm good!

I didn't really eat that much today but I am satisfied and not craving anything. Tomorrow is the real test because I am home all day and usually I want to snack all day long. Not sure what will happen but I am going to be very aware tomorrow. I will let you know.

Best wishes on the test...I really want you to get something from it for you own sanity.....wishing you good thoughts.

Cindy

Sades-

You might want to give low carb a shot after you find out the results of your test and another fill. I am now through day 3 and I must say the cravings are gone. I mean it. I made brownies for the family today and frosted them with vanilla icing....usually I would like the knife off and grab a spoonful of icing but not today...didn't have it...weird. As a matter of fact, I didn't even eat lunch today because I was not hungry. My meal was:

B: 2 eggs scrambled with 3 tbps of real bacon bits

S: Almonds a handful

L: Not hungry

S: Almonds

S: coffee w/cream & 2 splenda

D: 3 oz. Top Round Steak with 1 1/2 cups of tossed salad and Ken's Greek Dressing

S: Atkins crustless cheesecake....mmmm good!

I didn't really eat that much today but I am satisfied and not craving anything. Tomorrow is the real test because I am home all day and usually I want to snack all day long. Not sure what will happen but I am going to be very aware tomorrow. I will let you know.

Best wishes on the test...I really want you to get something from it for you own sanity.....wishing you good thoughts.

Cindy

That's a pretty good day of food there Cindy. It's definitely the carbs that are the killer for me, so once my mind is at ease I will be doing something major to get something going again. I have been doing a lot of emotional eating in the last week or so.

My day today was:

B: 1/2 cup of Cereal with skim milk & 1/2 banana; 1 toasted crumpet with a little Peanut Butter & 1/2 banana

S: 1 skim latte

L: 1 cup of low fat minestrone Soup

S: 1/2 cup fruit n nuts

S: 2 choc coated shortbread biscuits

D: 1 bowl of chicken Soup (with noodles & rice); a piece Lebanese bread with cheese

S: small chocolate bar

S: Jatz biscuits (way more than 1 person should eat)

S: Mandarin

I'm embarrassed writing this down. Now you can see why I say I'm not restricted or losing any more weight.

Wow, Cindy! Another pound down!! That's great! I need to kick the carb habit too.

Sades, let us know what the doc says after your test on Thursday.

I will Cindy. I'm a little scared about what they're going to say.

Don't worry, Sades! I'm sure everything will be fine. You just might be too thin for your band. You will know in two days. Try not to stress. I'm sending you good thoughts from NY all the way across the ocean! :lol:

Sades - I'm not sure if it's the drink or just liquids in general. The past few weeks (when I had my weightloss) I had to be very careful what I was eating and more or less went on liquids every few days. I think I was a bit sick and things were inflamed, so food was not going down as well as before. Anyway, the liquids and mushy food was what really did it - and keeping the portions down too. I was also doing major landscaping work in my garden - like hauling gravel, large rocks, that kind of thing, so the exercise definitely helped. Once you get better restriction, Sades, the weight will start coming off. I KNOW how you feel right now - I didn't have any until just recently. It's very frustrating getting the band and having months where nothing is happening, and if anything is happening it's all willpower. But your time will come and then watch out! :thumbup:

Hollyberries - I find Atkins has really helped me in the past too, especially with cravings. I know what you're talking about when you can make desert for your family and not eat it. What usually happens to me is one spoonful of something with sugar and that's it, I'm done for. As long as I can keep sugar out of my body I have no cravings, my face clears right up (I get lots of zits), and I lose weight. My mind still says I want it though and I end up eating it sooner or later. :thumbup:

Can you all really eat Snacks? My doctor told me no snacking what-so-ever, just Water and stuff. Which of course doesn't stop the snacking, cuz I'm still starving. I can't wait to try this drink. It sounds WONDERBARR!!

Don't worry, Sades! I'm sure everything will be fine. You just might be too thin for your band. You will know in two days. Try not to stress. I'm sending you good thoughts from NY all the way across the ocean! :thumbup:

As I've said before Cindy, it's nice to be thin, even if it's on the inside! :drool: Thanks for the good thoughts from NY (loved NY when I was there in 2006)!! :thumbup: It's tomorrow morning at 9am (my time) so I'll let you guys know how I go... fingers crossed.

Sades - I'm not sure if it's the drink or just liquids in general. The past few weeks (when I had my weightloss) I had to be very careful what I was eating and more or less went on liquids every few days. I think I was a bit sick and things were inflamed, so food was not going down as well as before. Anyway, the liquids and mushy food was what really did it - and keeping the portions down too. I was also doing major landscaping work in my garden - like hauling gravel, large rocks, that kind of thing, so the exercise definitely helped. Once you get better restriction, Sades, the weight will start coming off. I KNOW how you feel right now - I didn't have any until just recently. It's very frustrating getting the band and having months where nothing is happening, and if anything is happening it's all willpower. But your time will come and then watch out! :thumbup:

Thanks Linda, I need to hear that. No harm in giving the drink a go. My problem is I go through eating too many bad carbs so whatever good I do goes down the gurgler. I will try doing a day of liquids either tomorrow or Friday. I need to kickstart this thing again. Exercise is great, especially when you're not trying, eg, landscaping. I am still walking pretty much every day so at least I am maintaining. It's great having the November Nymphs to talk to... good on us !! :thumbup: