Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you have to pay for it?

I have had to pay for my nutritionist and physc vists because they are out of network. Did any of you have to pay for the Bloodwork, EKG, and Upper GI testing? If so, how much should I expect to cost?

i guess with all insurances and coverage it is different. i would inquire with yours. my only out of pcket expense was my consulation with the nutritionist and a small co-pay the day of the surgery...in total only $100 in costs to me.

Paying for every bit out of pocket....17,000! I have the feeling that is what is going to freak me out more than anything but it is a much better investment than a new car.

I know mine has all been broken out......I am trying not to think about how much for each thing though.

I agree with can't hardly wait. It will depend on the rider your company decided to add to your insurance policy. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. I have to pay $35.00 everytime I see the surgeon. The psyc evaluation will cost me $100.00 on Friday 6/13/08. I know the policy covers pysc evaluations, so I really don't get why this is not covered. The meeting with the bariatic intern on Friday (06/06/08) regarding my supervised diet will cost me $35.00 each time I see her (which will be for 6 months, so that is roughly $210.00). The nutritionist will cost me $125.00 on July 18, because she is not covered on my husband insurance plan. So, by the end of June I would have paid approximately $650.00 and I am still counting. I wish I only had to come out of pocket $100.00. That would be so nice. :wink2:

I made sure to use a dietician and counselor who were in network. At the time I had insurance that has an exclusion for WLS but for the dietician we said I was there because of my blood pressure and for the counselor, I used our EAP plan which doesn't really care why you need the referral. So I only had to pay co-pays.

Thanks for the info. What is an EAP? So when I call the insurance company to find a dietician I need to let them know that I was referred because of my BP issues. By the way I do have BP issues. My BP was up when I saw the surgeon. That will save me some money. :wink2:

EAP = Employee Assistance Program

It's a program some companies have so that if you have a problem with something mental -- like stress or substance abuse or marriage problems or even problems at work -- you can use the program to get help without the company knowing about it. We have a contract with United Behavioral Health and you can get an appointment for just about anything no questions asked.

I just got my final bill for my surgery. I payed a total of $400 for my surgery. That included the lifestyle classes, psych eval, endoscopy, upper GI, chest xray, bloodwork, and surgery

My insurance paid for every thing except the Psyc visit. It was $250.00. I do not know if it will pay for the fills or not. They say they don't but some people where I work have had theirs paid for. :thumbup: