Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Band Mentor or Buddy in Clearwater, FL

:cool2:Hi! I'm looking for a Band Mentor or Buddy in the Clearwater Florida area or at least via this site. I was banded on 5/9/08 and to date have lost 37 lbs on the pre-op liquids and the post-op liquids. I don't get mushie foods until next week, so I'm STARVING! I am looking for someone to help me keep on track and whom I can also provide support for. Please PM me if you are interested in this! Thanks!!!!!

Hello! I live in Tampa, Fl so close to you. I saw your posting and that it was really neat. And then saw your ticker and thought that was really really neat because I have the same one. :) But anyway, I was banded 5/15/08 and I too can start mushy food next week. I was banded by Dr. DiCicco. And you? I think I would really enjoy having a banded buddy. Get back to me when you can! Thank you.

P.s. I have lost 22 lbs so far...My first fill in three weeks. Have you had one yet?

Hi Barbara,

I know how tough it is before the mushie stage. I was fine the first week, Clear Liquids, but by the end of the first week, I couldn't wait until full liquids. Then after a couple of weeks on full liquids and I was happy until towards the end where I would have killed for cottage cheese and I don't even like cottage cheese! It will get better with the mushie stage!

I am 2 months post op today. There are still some challenges, but it is getting easier. I live in Fort Lauderdale now, but I am moving with my job for a year at least on July 2. I will be working in St. Pete and living in Largo. I'll be real close by if you want to meet next month.

I am 53 years old, married and have a 24 y/o son living with me. While I am in St. Pete, I will be doing the long distance marriage thing because my husband can't transfer right now and I really need to work one more year at my company to make my 20 years. They are closing my office and centralizing in St. Pete.

Hang in there, things will get better.

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/245.5/150

Hi Banded Butterfly! I had my surgery done by Dr. Krish at FOSA. Maybe I'll meet you tonight at the support group meeting? I sure hope so.

Same goes to you Alice150. I hope to meet both of you. We need to support each other. Alice, I know it's hard with the long distance thing, so whenever you need a friend, just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Happy Days!

Barbara

Hi! Is you doctor in the same group as mine? Mine is Dr. DiCicco with FOSA. I dont know where there are any support groups. Maybe you can give me some ideas?! Thanks!

Hi Butterfly! I am in the same group that you are - FOSA. They have meetings in a few different places, but usually once a month for each place. I log on to their site to find out when they have them - I know that we're having one on the subject of Protein this coming Saturday. This one is on June 21st at the Zephyrhills office at 10:00. They have one on the third Saturday of every month. Then there's a meeting on Monday evenings - once a month - at the TNC location - Dr. DiCicco's office. We've already had that one for this month because it had to be changed to earlier in the month. Some of the staff who run the meetings went to Washington D.C. to march in the Walk from Obesity event.

Where in Tampa do you live? If it's fairly close maybe we can arrange to carpool to the meeting. I live in Clearwater, but the easiest and shortest path to the office is for me to drive over to 301 and head north. I hope you can make it Saturday. Also, there's supposed to be a meeting/gathering at one of the long-timers homes over in Largo on Sunday. Check the yahoo boards for this info - florida bandsters on the west coast is the group name. There's also a fosa board, but not much action on these boards sometimes.

If you want to call me to see about carpooling to the Zhills meeting, please feel free to do so. 727-712-0562.

Hugs!

Barbara

Hi Barbara! Ok I now understand the groups. Thank you for explaining! I live in New Tampa. I actually graduated high school from zhills. Its about 25 min from me now. Unfortunately, I cant go this saturday or sunday because I'm moving. Ugh! I hate moving. But dont worry I wont be lifting since I'm still so new to post op. But I of course have to be there to direct where it all goes and unpack. :P But the next one that comes up I would love to go and carpool.

Kristen

Hi all,

I too live in the Tampa area and would like to make banded buddies and support each other. I am going through the pre-opp stage right now and don't have the surgery date scheduled yet, although I expect it will happen end of July or early August.

I'm live in Riverview and work in New Tampa so meeting during the week might be challenging for me. However, weekends would be fine.

I'm attending support groups in Brandon and Town n Country. Trying to prepare for life post opp.

Thanks.

Ilive in Tampa also and am search of a primary care physician that is lap band friendly to do my 6 months medically supervised diet. Also, has anyone used journeylite with dr jessee

Hello. I called journey lite at the begining of my journey but at that time they did not accept any insurance. Have they changed that now? I live on Bruce B Downs and go to Dr. Beach on BBD as well as my primary doc. He was all for my surgery. I didnt have to do the 6 month thing but I'm sure he would not have a problem at all doing it. Good luck!

They accept my insurance but I have to go to the palms of Pasadena hospital for the procedure. I have blue cross blue shield. Thanks for the info, I will give them a call. I live in temple terrace near busch gardens. which doctor banded you? I wish I didn't have to do 6 month thing! I am so ready!

I live in Brandon/Tampa. My doctor is Dr. Dietrick at UCH. I am waiting on my surgery date but I believe it will be end of August. I work at Moffitt. I have a 7 month old and my time is somewhat limited but I'm looking for someone to buddy with through this process. I want to lose about 120 pounds. Anyone available?

Edited by debgoodman
Spelling