Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going in for my first Consultation..

Hello Everyone.

My name is Miranda and I am going into my consultation on June 12th. I have insurance with Kaiser in so cal. My doctor recommended me and I guess I will have to see how things go. I Hope I qualify.

I'm not looking for the surgery and a way to improve my looks..and for me its not really about being skinny.. I would be happy at 250. (which was about how much I weighted at 15) I already feel confidant.For me it is mainly about health and being able to be more active. I love to dance and go out to clubs ect.. I want to be able to last longer without getting to tired.

Im also not doing it to get in someones good graces.. Ive been with my boyfriend for 5 years (on june 17th) and when he met me I was around 325. He doesn't want me to have the surgery..he thinks that with my bad luck something will happen to me complication wise and he will loose me. Ive had a few friends that did the gastric bypass, but all I can say is that If im not approved for the surgery with the band I absolutely wont have It.

My biggest worry with the surgery is with loose skin.. Its a problem I don't have now. and most of my weight is in my thighs or butt.. I have the stomach of someone who is like 200 lbs.. and I don't want a saggy butt.

Other then that I have the stupid thoughts of...well If I get the surgery I cant go to all you can eat sushi with the bf...

The things that are in my head lol.

I am 5'9 about 380 right now..and as I said most of my weight is in my lower half. here are a few recent pics of me.. the guy is said BF and yes the hair is fake.

Hi there, and welcome. First off, you are gorgeous girl!!!

I understand about wanting to have more energy. Since getting the band, I am amazed at how much better I feel and how much more active I am now.

The health benefits of the band are wonderful. You appear to be quite young, so you probably are not having many, if any, weight related health issues right now. However, as you get older, those problems are bound to start popping up. Better to get the band now and head them off before they even have a chance to affect your health.

You should have your boyfriend go to one of the seminars, or go to your consult with you, if he hasn't already. It really does help to get the information firsthand from the doctors and be able to ask them questions directly.

Let us know if we can help you with anything. We look forward to getting to know you better.

you go girl!!!!! you are absolutley gorgous and you sound like you have it going on... i havent gotten the band yet but im really close i go for my consult and to set a date on the 10th i also to am looking forward to being more active considering i have to kids i would love to be around when they get married lol i want to play ball ride bikes run and play with them without being tired so i feel you on the active part good luck to you and keep on shining

thanks, Im nervous because I have heard things about Kaiser and I dont know how it will work out with them.. I dont know how I should act for the consultation or..what is going to be done during it.. I know they dont always aprove people and I just hope I get the chance..