Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wasabubblebutt is in recovery

Wow... Wasa u r a trooper.. really... I read thru all of the 5-boards of post and everyone's struggles, are diffrent... U did what was best for you, and like u said u tried.. Hell i don't think I would have tried as many times as u did.. the 1st time something would have gone wrong i woulda been like ok after this if it dosent work.. take this shit out...lol... I have heard about the sleeve, but today i did a google search on it and it is actually sugery for failed lap band patients.. So who gives a shit what others have to say about what u shoulda, coulda, did... Hell now i know if this dosent work I have another option.... lol.. and that was something that really concerned me... U are amazing person, and has gone thru a lot.. U definately have a lot of wisdom that u can share... Please continue to post i don't care if it says lap band talk... Keep doin u baby...:cursing:

I'm still tempted to go to the newbie boards and post that I can't do the post op diet and ask if I can eat a few chickens today. ;o)

LOL that would be funny.:cursing:

Wasa didn't like her band. ;o)

I was having mega band problems, esophageal problems, stoma spasms, I've been on liquids for over three months now. It was time for a bit of a change.

I was losing too much weight. I was really happy at 140 and then some new band problems hit and I couldn't overcome the issues anymore. I got to 125 and that is a bit lower than I wanted to go. I had a plastics consult in the hospital and the plastics guy said that he'll be removing 10# of skin (gahhhh) and that would put me at 115# (I'm 5'5"). So I have to gain 10#.

I can't get over it, a plastics guy telling a bariatric patient to gain 10# before he'll do surgery. Who would'a thought?

Wasa, OMG!! I'm so sorry I've missed all this! Where the heck have I been? I've been so busy I haven't really gone out of my favorite sections, and now that I have a little time before I have to get ready for Father's Day stuff, I decided to come in the general forum.

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well!! :cursing: You need to gain weight? Wow, I don't think I could even imagine that. I bet you're going to be so happy to finally get your PS! You're going to be so fly, girl! Keep us in touch of that. Are you going to start your own thread in the PS forums?

Well, take care sister - oh, by the way, let us know how the sleeve works out for you. I really woulnd't mind trying that out myself in time if I don't feel the band is working out. :lol:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You know, a good banded friend of mine died last night. Totally unrelated to banding, she had a heart attack at age 38 and died. Her 15 y/o daughter called me to tell me. I've been in a funk all day today and I've also been pissy and nasty.

With that said, reading, "I really don't want RNY, or the your-shit-smell kills people surgery"... I LOL in real time after readingt that! You have NO idea how much I needed that laugh!

I wasn't ready for permanent and forever when I was banded, I never thought it would work to begin with. I thought when the band did not work I'd just have it removed and be done with it. I was floored when it did work.

Now I have a taste of thin.... I'm not giving it up for anything. I think the sleeve is going to work well for me. But, time will tell.

I'm still tempted to go to the newbie boards and post that I can't do the post op diet and ask if I can eat a few chickens today. ;o)

Sorry about your friend, but glad I could entertain you.

...Hah, I dare you :biggrin:

Wasa, I don't know how I missed all this, but I was shocked to log on this morning and see the title of this thread. I know I've read that if you had it to do all over again, that you'd go with the sleeve, but I didn't know that you were having problems and actually had revision surgery. You've been such an inspiration to me. I wish you all the best and I hope all goes well with your new sleeve. I do hope you continue to post here. I enjoy reading your posts more than anyone, and I am anxious to hear all about your PS when you have it.

Wasa, I don't know how I missed all this, but I was shocked to log on this morning and see the title of this thread. I know I've read that if you had it to do all over again, that you'd go with the sleeve, but I didn't know that you were having problems and actually had revision surgery. You've been such an inspiration to me. I wish you all the best and I hope all goes well with your new sleeve. I do hope you continue to post here. I enjoy reading your posts more than anyone, and I am anxious to hear all about your PS when you have it.

Thanks, HC!

I'm getting more and more excited about my sleeve with each passing day. I wasn't sure about doing it at first, now I'm glad I did.

Can't wait for that chicken wing! ;o) I figure it will fill me up for at least ... two years considering I have no Ghrelin! HA

We are going to have to go to dinner when I come back in August and this time no walking around the parking lot in 118 degrees in the sun!

We can share a meal!

See how much you are loved here:tt2::P:biggrin2::lol::smile2:

We are going to have to go to dinner when I come back in August and this time no walking around the parking lot in 118 degrees in the sun!

We can share a meal!

See how much you are loved here:tt2::P:biggrin2::lol::smile2:

HAHAHA! That's a sign of a true friend!

Went to dinner w/Denise's Dad and I ordered Prime Rib. First bite I got stuck and started sliming. I had to go outside to walk around the parking lot to get unstuck. Denise came out and walked with me and never once complained about the AZ desert heat!

Now, THAT is a friend!

I don't recall how we explained it to your Dad, I just recall he was cool about it.

My dogs loved the prime rib, btw.

Wow... Wasa u r a trooper.. really... I read thru all of the 5-boards of post and everyone's struggles, are diffrent... U did what was best for you, and like u said u tried.. Hell i don't think I would have tried as many times as u did.. the 1st time something would have gone wrong i woulda been like ok after this if it dosent work.. take this shit out...lol... I have heard about the sleeve, but today i did a google search on it and it is actually sugery for failed lap band patients.. So who gives a shit what others have to say about what u shoulda, coulda, did... Hell now i know if this dosent work I have another option.... lol.. and that was something that really concerned me... U are amazing person, and has gone thru a lot.. U definately have a lot of wisdom that u can share... Please continue to post i don't care if it says lap band talk... Keep doin u baby...:P

I love love love your attitude! That is the attitude I should have taken a few weeks ago.

Thank you SO much!

If you want to eat now, I can get a table on the patio over here on the west side of the valley and it was only 114.

PS. I'll spring for the ice Water

If you want to eat now, I can get a table on the patio over here on the west side of the valley and it was only 114.

PS. I'll spring for the ice Water

Sue, you are such a generous soul! What if I want TWO glasses of ice Water and what if I can do hotter than 114(F)?

You have to come to dinner with Denise and I in August when I WON'T get stuck! (I can't wait to not get stuck and on SOLIDS too!)

As far as the gastric sleeve. I have a friend who had that one month before I had my lap band surgery.

She has thrown up since day one. Can't get much at all so she sips the creamy stuff. I've lost the same amount and my life isn't abnormal as hers is.

I can eat most foods within reason. She can't.

She has more problems with reflux since she throws up so much.

Anyway that's my observations.

Sounds good, But as I see the tickers, (you GOAL people you) No going into VS stores I'm not even close yet. But if you want to model some, guess it would give me incentive. You know you want to.....

SueAZ where are you in AZ? MY dad lives in Mesa.