Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you for the reply. I am not sure where he will do the fills. I think tthey said it was up to me. I need all the support I can get so I may drive down for a support meeting or two. Still in the stages where you are not sure of how things will work out. I would love to meet other banders though. I have two days left of the pre-diet and one day no food only Clear Liquids on Weds. I bought a case of broth so it will be nice and handy. Just wondering what to take along for food. I spose only iso drinks. I also was thinking some pillows for the trip home?

Darlene

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Are you staying overnight the day of surgery? I stayed overnight but not at the hospital I told Dr. Schmit I would get a motel and he said I could do that. I had my mom with me but I drove home the day after surgery. Take pillows though so you can lay down and rest. I took broth with me and got some sugar free popsicles but I was not hungry for a couple of days after surgery so I just tried to drink lots of Water. ALso take comfy clothes to wear home, Lots of women said they could not even wear a bra home but I am quite big chested so I wore one. hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I am staying at a motel. He asked me to stay in Bismarck so I said I would.

I kind of would hove liked to come home to my own bed but I am also

wanting to be close in case. I plan to take pillow and a blanket for the trip. Sweats were the fashion statement I plan on for that day. I am fairly big busted too so I will cross that bridge when the time comes.

I am sure if I wear a jacket no body will notice.

Thanks for the encouagement!!

DArlene

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Good luck with your surgery today, hope all is well. Let me know when you get home from the surgery. Take care

Well, I am home and all went well they said. I have been running a slight temp and they say that is normal. I have some pain but mostly when I move up and down from chairs and bed. Staying close to my pain med bottle. I seem to have a fair amount of gas in my tummy. Is that normal?

can't imagine why. I have only had broth Jello and ISO drinks. I do feel hungry most of the time. Hope that goes away. I am sure a few days will make all the difference. I told my husband I am pissed at myself for letting my weight get so out of control I had to resort to such extremes but I guess it doesn't do any good to complain over that now. Obesity is such a hard thing to suffer from. Thanks to everyone for supporting me. I know this is going to be where I go for support more and more.

Darlene

Hey, is anyone out there today from ND? I would like to know if there is a support group in ND. Maybe Bismarck? I know some folks have gotten together to support each other. Is this a formal meeting or is it an organized situation? Just banded on 1/19/96

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Darlene,

Glad you are home now. The gas is very normal and will go away with time. If you get pain in your shoulders or collar bone area it is also from the gases they use to bloat you up during surgery. Mine lasted 2 weeks but I used a heating pad to help and lots of walking to help. I don't go to any support meetings but there are some in Bismarck...you should get a newsletter letting you know when they are. I get all my support right here. There are a few of us gals that get together when I go down to Bismarck for fills. When is your next appointment with Dr. Schmit? We will have to try to plan it where we will both be there the same day and then you can meet with all of us for dinner or what ever.

Actually I am feeling pretty good. Did a little light house work. Like laundry and such. Made some Soup for my hubby and I strained out the solid stuff for me. Then I watered it down with chicken broth. Trying to go a little easy on dairy and kind of ease into it.

You must be into motorcycles because of your name. Asphalt Angel sounds like a bike enthusiest. We(my husband) had a bike for years but sold it because he had such a bad back and could no longer really enjoy it. My step sister who lives in Bismarck and her husband have a couple of harleys and ride all the time.

Let me know when you get together. My appointment with Dr. Schmidt is on Feb 21. We want to go on a vacation to Arizona so I may have him wait until I get home for my first fill. I don't want any trouble while I am gone. Will have to wait and see what the man says. I like him. Didn't see much of him that day. He had several surgeries that day and was reuuning behind. He stuck his head in for a couple of min. I think he saw alot more of me than I did of him.LOL No kidding.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support and reply. Would like to meet you.

Darlene

Asphalt Angel is coming to town Feb 6 and we are going to dinner at Red Lobster 6:30pm (band friendly foods). If anyone wants to join us, please come. I need some major support right now - I've been stuck for 100 years - okay - maybe 3 months and need a kick in the rear. Celeste

I would love to come, I love Red Lobster, but I live too far away! Has anyone heard from Cindyh?? I haven't heard from her since December when she was going back to Mexico to fix her kinked tube. Is she doing ok?

Hi to all of you!!! I received your post Missy! Thanks for asking about me!! I have been so lame about being on this message board. I have been posting on Dr. Joya's more often. Welcome to you Darlene!! It would be great to get to know you!! Hope your doing well! And Missy!! I have'nt heard from you forever!! How the heck are you doing??!! I am down 30 lbs now!! Yippee!!! I am a slow looser, but thats ok! I am going for a fill Tuesday morning. I am 51 yrs old when I awaken that morning so I decided that was a good day to treat myself to a fill! Good Lord! How did I ever get so old??!! :faint:I am up to 7.8cc's in an 11cm band!! I think just a tish-bit will do this time! When I got my last fill I was yak'in-up frequently! Now about 3 weeks later, it is amazing how everything is going down too well again!! Missy, how did your last fill work for you? Any of you bansters that are from out of town and coming in for surgery or fills with Dr. Schmit, I have a guest house you are all welcomed to stay at! I have it for sale, but until it sells you are all welcome to hang your hats there! I am looking forward to "Bansters night out at Red Lobster!" See you soon!!:target:

Cindyh

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I can't wait to get together. I will see all of you that can make it on Monday night for dinner. Cindy, thanks for the offer for the guest house, I may have to take you up on that if Celeste leaves of me....LOL I am so glad to have met such nice people through this experience. Just an added perk to having been banded...lol

I plan to come to the Lobster fest. My hubby and I are going to be on our way home from Fargo where our son lives. We will be towing a trailer but he says it won't be any problem so we will stop. He is wondering what he will do and I told him he can eat dinner too. He likes to visit Scheels so that might be an option too. I can't wait to meet others who have been banded. I am at two weeks yesterday and doing good. In fact I went back to my deep Water aerobics class ant the ymca this morning already. I teach it at least twice a week and I didn't have anyone to cover for me anymore. It felt great. Hope it kicks up my losses a little. See ya all Monday!!

Darlene

Hi Cindy,

I'm glad to see you are doing well! How did your trip back to Mexico go? Was the recovery similar to the first surgery? I have only lost a total of 34 lbs so far, not that I'm complaining!! I have to get my butt in gear and get another fill, so far I have only had one. I still haven't gotten a bill from the first time, so I have no idea how much it cost. Well, have fun at Red Lobster, I am drooling now, Red Lobster is my absolute favorite!!! Keep up the good work, and happy birthday!!