Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lap band in September of 07. Dr Eibes from Des Moines Iowa is my doctor. Of course I think he is great. I have lost 50 pounds so far. Right now I am at a stand-still so it is easy to feel discouraged. I have had a lot of family, friends and co-workers ask for information about the procedure. My sister had her information sent into the insurance co. last week. This week my cousins wife is going to a support group and has started on the list of things she must have done to submit to her insurance. It is exciting to be so successful and have others get so excited. I was a skinny child and young adult. Later I would gain weight then diet and take it off. It would stay off for quite a while then I would slowly put it back on. As I got older taking it off became harder and harder. I tried every fad diet I heard of, most of them not healthy. This time I am successful and am amazed I am not hungry. I am still afraid to give up my larger sized clothes and wonder if anyone else has the same feelings of maybe needing them again, because I always have before. I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

mamab

Hi and welcome!

I was banded the same month as you. It is great, isn't it?! Yes, I had some hesitation about giving up the clothes but then it became way too much...I had about 10 bags full of clothes a total of 500lbs of clothes that I gave away. Don't hang on to them, because you are NEVER going back!

Try not to feel discouraged! You have done great and have obviously been an inspiration to people around you!

As far as your larger size clothes go, I say dump them! As long as they are in your closet, they will be a crutch you can go back to. You might want to look into the "clothes exchange" thread that is on this site...people sharing their clothes with people who need other sizes as they lose weight.

shalloway, I was banded a few weeks before you. I did feel tired for about the first month, but since then I've seemed to have more energy. I make sure I get all of my Protein in and am exercising. Are you getting your Protein and exercise? If not, I encourage you to try that.

I have felt a little depressed at times, but not really for the last month or so. I think that is normal. I would do one of the following things when I was feeling down: journal, pray, talk to my best friend or mom. I also know that I can call the counselor I saw for my psych evaluation if I need to, but so far I've been able to snap out of it pretty quickly. I've also found it therapeutic to post on this site!