Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

Had my PAT's in Yipsi last Thursday. They had some samples of drinks and a Protein bar to try,....om gosh! I tried the bar and couldn't even swallow it. I discretely spit it in a napkin and put it in the garbage. I guess I wasn't the only one to dislike it because there were about 15 other pieces in there! LOL. The drink was a Fuzzy Navel. I am really worried. Do they all have that gaggie taste to them? It is like swallowing sand. I know it is only for 2-3 weeks but there has got to be a better way (or taste combo) There were so many products in the Barix store it was overwhelming and then to buy stuff that I can't drink... I did buy the gift bag with samples. Is there anything out there that is more tolerable? Surgery is in one week. Eeeek and Urrrp! LOL Please advise!

Stacey

event.png

The journey of a lifetime starts with one step,....

I hear you.. Go to GNC and go to the refridgerator in there and get the Isopure CLEAR Protein drinks. It's like drinking Water consistency... and they have flavors like Apple Melon and Blue Razberry.. I like the Apple Melon the best.. it tastes like a jolly rancher.. and its not that thick shake crap.. each bottle has 40G of Protein. They are slightly expensive.. about 4.50 for a large bottle, but I would drink half the bottle in the morning and the other half at night. You can also do the LOW CARB Slimfast shakes. It also has 40G of protein with low carbs and sugars. You can get a 4 pack for like 5 or 6 bucks. And it doesn't taste bad.

Sorry you are stuck doing that damned liquid pre-op diet. I wish some doctors weren't brainwashed into thinking that's what they have to do. If you get to the point you simply have to eat something, just eat a can of tuna.... you'll be fine. Sorry, it just irritates me that people are forced to do these stupid liquid diets when you can do the South Beach diet and get the same results... :thumbup: oh, and not starve... and learn to eat properly.. gee... what a good concept!! sadly, a lot of the liquid dieters run out and have a damned cheeseburger because they can't help it anymore.. so, if you get to that point.. chicken or tuna and that will help out and your liver will still shrink and all that.. Good luck! :frown:

The chocolate unjury was pretty good. I also used their chicken Soup flavor, but you can't get it very hot. I did enjoy it, though.

Now I'm using Body Fortress from Wal-mart. I have both the chocolate and vanilla flavors and they're not too bad. I get tired of them if I have them very often, but when you're on the liquid diet, you get tired of just about everything.

There are actually a lot of threads about Protein drinks on here and lots of different suggestions. Try doing a search on Protein Drink, or shake.

Good luck!

I was told to get a whey Protein Isolate...Unjury is that...the GNC and Walmart ones are usually not all WPI. unjury is pretty good...if you mix it with skim milk and put ice cubes in it after you mix it is almost like a melted frostee. mmmm frostee. no but really it isn't that bad!

HTH

Bobbi

I agree. unjury is not too bad. That's the brand I'm using. I bought all the samples of all their flavors on their website first. I've heard people say that chocolate is the best, and after trying them all, I agree. They were all pretty good, except for strawberry.

I bought the chocolate and also a box of Swiss Miss sugar free Diet cocoa mix. It only has 25 calories a pack. Each day I make one of those cocoas and add the chocolate Unjury to it. It is actually really good! I find myself looking forward to my next one sometimes.

Thanks coolcrystal for the tips on Isopure. It is the only Protein drink I've been able to get down so far. I highly recommend it- its like drinking Propel.

Awesome! I'm glad you liked it... I drank it a lot right after surgery too. It's very refreshing and filling for when you are swelled up right afterwards.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I am 5 days to surgery. I tried some of the whey isolate stuff and it does taste much better! Barix and GNC carry it so I am greatful! It does cost a bit more but the taste is very different from the regular protien. Hopefully I will be gag-free! LOL

Thanks again,

Stacey

event.png