Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much longer do you have?

hi my name is sil i am 2 months into the 6 months dietian classes it seems like a long way to go but i know it will be here soon. i think i will be band around oct, nov at yale newhaven. so i have to take the bus from wtby to newhaven , at first i got the jitters because it,s all new to me but once you get the hang of itpiece of cake i think it,s a half hour bus ride. i hope my first app count because i did weight in at consultation.

I started month 2 on june 4th, my 4th nutritional appt is June 19th. I have 9 more nutritional meetings over the remaining months. It should be over in the middle of October.

I see the Dr tomorrow which will be the end of my 3rd month. I really will be glad when it's over and done though!

Gina

I have 2more months left of my supervised diet. It actually flew by. But Ive also had alot goin on in my life as well.

Before you know it ..your time will be up!

I started my 6 mo. in March and now I don't stress so much about it because it's going by faster thsn I thought. I hope to be banded in Oct.

Best of Luck!!!

I started in November 2007. I am already approved for surgery (having it July 1, 2008). I can say this - the 6 months flew by and I wouldn't change a thing. I learned so much about myself, why I overeat, how to eat normal sizes, how to exercise regularly and how to be patient. I think that is one of the benefits of waiting the 6 months for insurance to pay. I am truly ready now. Both psychologically, and physically. Plus - I was able to lose 30 lbs in the 8 months since I started this journey. July 1st is right around the corner - yeah! :smile2:

Florida Girl, congratulations on all the weight you've lost so far. I bet your surgeon is really pleased with your progress!

I'm trying to be philosophical about the six months. I'm hoping that by starting the changes I'll need after surgery now, that they'll be second nature by the time I actually have surgery.

changing your ways now is perfect. I did the same and its helping a lot. Already losing slowly but surely.

I have 4 1/2 more motnhs to go and am being seen by a nutritionest and my PCP on the same day for what they are calling weight clinc.

Nothing else to report at this time. MI.

I have 4 1/2 more motnhs to go and am being seen by a nutritionest and my PCP on the same day for what they are calling weight clinc.

Nothing else to report at this time. MI.

Thanks for the update. I hope things go well. Maybe some weight loss. :biggrin2: I hope your wait is going by quickly. Mine is so so...but it's not too bad. 4 more months at the end of june. :rolleyes2:

Good luck with everything.:)

I have my 4th nutritional appt/weigh in tomorrow. Will be the end of 2nd month about...still have another week lol

Wish me luck, I need it...been lazy.

Bad I know :|

You dont really have to lose weight on this supervised diet do you? I havent. My doctors and dietician says its just insurances way of putting it off and to see if you can come in to your monthly appt.

I don't have to no, but it's a huge plus. So I am working at it. :cursing:

It depends, some surgeons require you to lose weight, but for the most part you don't have to lose weight.

I'm just ready to stop being fat though, so I didn't want to have to wait 6 months to start losing weight.