Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is the day I should have got my band, instead I spent it trying to get the results of the MRI/MRA they did on my liver. After calling the surgeons office on Fri. Mon. and today, I called my PCP. Turns out she's the one who should have called me with the results, and surprise she still has not called me. Of course this is the same PCP who told me the Ultra Sound they did on my liver back in Dec. only showed Portal Hypertension because I'm fat. Opps! Turns out my liver is screwed because I had a prior blood clot due to a clotting disorder (Factor Five Leiden). Now none of the Dr.'s want to talk to me until I see the hematologist, who has the test results, but she wants me to talk to my PCP, or I have to wait until she sees me next Wen. she will not tell me over the phone. (Gee thanks Dr. that makes me feel a whole lot better...NOT!)

I am so frustrated! Since October I've done everything the Dr.'s have ask of me, all the test, appointments, classed, whatever. Then I got approval and a date. I made plans for my children and dogs, bought the new food, Protein Powder, and waited for the magic date when my new life would start. Now everything is up in the air, again. I'm glad they caught this, but my PCP should have caught it in Dec. and I'm bummed that I can't have the band.

Oh Well, enough of my whining and crying, thanks for giving me a place to spout off!

- Nora

Nora, Im so sorry to hear this hon. Vent here all u want. We all want u to b healthy; and of course ur bummed...so u just go ahead and have a good cry girl! That always makes me feel better. And when ur done try to remember that ur doctors care about u and want u to be healthy before they would risk ur safty to put in a band. Ur going to have to focus on one thing at a time sweetie. Hang in there..... I would talk to Dillions mom, Kelly, she is going threw something similar.

Aw Nora, I'm sorry you are dissappointed. I know I would be too.

I don't know what to say except to encourage you to trust that there is a reason why you are having to wait longer than anticipated. Some "cosmic" reason...you know, things happen, or don't happen, because of a purpose we don't undertand or know about yet.

You spout off and whine all you want to here, just be sure to keep us posted on what the hematologist says. You definately don't want to do any surgery until you are cleared, but I know it's still frustrating. Let us know all about it, okay?

Nora, Kathy's right. There's plenty of time to get a band but your health is more important. It really stinks about the doctors making you wait!! That's cruel. Good luck, and please let us know how you're doing! :D

Yup, this is the right place to vent about this! Your other friends will of course be sympathetic, but they won't really understand the same way. Your health is paramount, but unfortuantely, waiting for medical test results can be the ultimate test of patience!

Hang in there, vent if you need!

Vent away! Just remember that your health is number one right now! Good things come to those who wait, so just do what you need to do to be healthy, and then get your band.

Thanks guys, I needed that. Its nice to have a place to complain but not be judged. My PCP called to tell me that at one point there was probably a clot in the portal vein of my liver, but there is no clot now and no signs of damage (Yippy!) so I can have the band (Yahoo!), but I'm going to have to see Hematology first. Depending on what they find I may have to wait weeks, or it my take months. It all depends on if I have to take blood thinners for a couple of weeks or forever. Either way, I'm just thrilled that I can have the band. Thanks again for the support, you guys ROCK!

We ROCK!!!

I KNOW you are relieved, I'm anxoius for the hematologist report...see what they are doing with you next!! You might have to wait, but you will get it, right?! Yippee!!

Thanks for the update! Keep it coming!