Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's normal at this stage?

I realize that this question is probably answered many times over elsewhere in the forum, but I have a really bad back and can't sit here to read very much. What is it like to have a perfect fill? This morning, I could drink a pint straight down and now I have to drink it in sips. I'm assuming this is good. Also, how long does it take for the food to "drop"?

Thanks,

Rob in Newark

If nobody answers this, you might want to try one of the larger forums. I think most of the people currently hanging out in the Delaware forum are fairly newly banded. You'll get better answers elsewhere.

I'm kind of curious, too. I think I'm finally at a decent restriction, but I'm not sure. I still feel like I'm eating too much, but on the other hand I do feel full and stay full for a while. And, I get stuck ocassionally, so I'm not sure that I WANT more restriction.

I would rather lose a little more slowly than to PB all the time. How tight you want to be is somewhat of a personal preference thing.

PB = "Productive Burp", i.e. bringing the food back up.

A perfect fill is when you get full on a small amount of food and stay full for several hours until the next meal time. A perfect fill is also when you get full and don't think about eating for awhile.

Denise and fairysaddle,

Thanks for your responses. Both were helpful. I've been really thirsty, so I have been tossing down sugar-free drinks since dinner. I don't feel hungry at all, but I do feel overstuffed, and still thirsty. I didn't get much to drink today, with a fill and then working out at the Y.

Rob

It seems when I am thirsty, I have to have Water to quench my thirst.

sugar free drinks don't get rid of my thirst the way Water does.

It's funny but I definitely don't like my Water cold. At home I warm it up in the microwave, and when I am eating out, I always tell them no ice.

I'm the exact opposite. I have to have it ice-cold. I've been drinking it tonight and it's working for me. It does quench my thirst. I lost two pounds yesterday and think it'll be the same today. But then, I've got some help from nature. I ate too many cashews last night.

Has anyone tried the sugar free, fat free ice cream, from Edy's? It's really good and to me tastes pretty regular. I've been eating low fat, sugar free turkey hill and it isn't nearly as good. I do about 4 oz a day. It satisfies my sweets cravings, without the guilt.

Rob

You will find once you get a good fill that cold isn't so good for your band. Cold tightens the band and warm things help the food go through. Once when I was too tight, I had a bite of ice cream and it felt like someone was squeezing my stomach so hard I wanted to cry. Luckily I had a cup of warm Water close by.

I can eat ice cream now though. does that sugar free ice cream give you gas? A lot of that sugar free stuff gives me horrible gas. That sweetener they use (malitol or sugar alcohol) causes horrible gas.

If I eat too much sorbitol, I get the runs, though I get them way too easily. That's been one side effect of breaking my back in my fall in 1982. Meds help me sleep and help with that problem. I'm always gassy, but that may be due to my high intake of non-nutrative sweeteners.

Rob

I tried other ways and it just isn't working. I also couldn't delete my post.

Edited by BigRob777

On the right, click "Edit Options" under the Members area.

On the left, click "Edit Signature"

Go to your ticker website, create your ticker, then "copy" the ticker (the actual picture, not the link) and past it into the edit box.

Add any other info you want in your sig into the box.

Viola! :confused:

BTW, you don't need to post "test" messages. Your sig will show up in your old messages. You can look at them.

It didn't work for me. I must have done something wrong. The information is still in the edit signature page and I saved it, but it doesn't show up.

Ahhhh, I had to post anew, for it to work, as you can see in my previous posts above. The avatar is in them all though.

Thank you,

Rob

Oops, sorry. I thought it did show up in previous posts. Obviously, I was mistaken. I must be thinking of another forum, too. :wink2: