Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you work out?? How much have you lost??

I had my surgery back 01/07/05 and to date I have lost 24.5 pounds, since I have not workout but 2 or 3 days since my band I finally started to feel quitly so I made myself go yesterday and I will go today and the following day until I get myself set on a schedule.

Can everyone tell me how much you exercise a week and how much you normally loss a week when you do exercise and if you don't how much have you lost without exercising.

Hi Esmerelda,

I try to do an exercise video 3-4 days a week. My back hurts less, and my leg muscles are getting harder and stronger. Still though, I haven't lost zip in either lbs. or inches. I'm going for my third fill on 5/9 and it won't be soon enough!

i do dance dance revolution on the playstation 2... its childish but it is so easy to workout and not realize you are really sweatin and huffin.... but you are playin a game..

i do it almost every day... plus it tells you how many calories you are burning off. :)

i have only had the band a short time so i cant say how much more it is helping vs not doing anything...

I have been wanting to buy my kids that game so they can do some sort of exercise also!! Thanks guys!!

Also I have started working out on Monday and I am doing the elliptical machine everyday for 30 minutes and I feel so good!!

i absolutely hate exercising... hate it... hate hate hate it...

so i knew i had to do something that was more fun than plain exercise.. or running, walkin, elipting and going nowhere...

now i get down to dancing queen or YMCA and bee bop my way to a thinner self... its a great leg workout and my thighs are my problem spot..

i highly recommend it!! i read about it in an article and it said that they are putting it in schools for kids to use and workout.. and some parents said it was fun... they were right.

it is pricey.. but worth it. i admit i am soon to be 29 and a new gamer.

I try to do a 30min (minimum) to a 5 hour (maximum) walk / run everyday. Yes that is a huge difference but on the days when I don't do a HUGE walk I do cardio and toning exercises.

Pilates is great. I have the Mari Winsor Pilates series (the 20 min beginner's tape is the best one). I also have Ana Caban 20 min beginner's tape as well. Both are great. I think that Ana's tape is easier to follow though.

Exercise Ball is another good way to get in a 20 min workout.

When I don't exercise I am sluggish all day. I also notice that I lose around 0.5 lb to 2 lbs a week when I exercise, eat right, and drink my fluids. If I don't notice a loss I look at my measurements because most likely I am losing inches and not lbs. If you are losing neither then you are building muscles that will aide in losting fat.

So if you do something for at least 20 min a day that will increase your heart rate that is better than doing nothing.

I have lost 90 lbs in the last year and have not worked out much, atleast not on a regular basis. Nothing serious, an occassional jaunt to the gym, or a brisk walk but no routine. We all are so different with our exercise and weight loss. For me when I work out I do notlose wieght, I know I know, I'm building muscle, well for now I want to lose fat and not build muscle. I keep my Protein levels very high for the day so I do not lose lean muscle mass.

The only exercise I get is running after my 18 month old son!! I have lose about 35 lbs since surgery 1/24/05. I had my first fill 2 weeks ago and lost a quick 5 lbs but now I have stalled again. I know that I have to start moving!!

I didn't start exercising at all until 6 months after my surgery. And even then it wasn't until 6 months after that I developed any kind of a routine. My weight loss kind of slowed down with regular exercise, but I sure noticed a difference in my size and muscle tone! I have to get back to it; I've been slacking off a lot. :)

I have only been banded since 3/30/05 and I am going to the gym 4-5 times a week. Since I don't have a fill I HAVE TO DO THIS in order to keep from gaining the weight back that I lost during liquids. I can't wait til May 11th when I finallly get a fill because I am soooo hungry but crossing my fingers that as long as I continue to excersize I won't gain the weight back before then. I am one of those people that doesn't mind putting in some extra time at the gym if it means getting to eat a little something yummy. LOL.........plus I feel sooooo much better.