Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

too tight complications

Okay ladies I am doing better. I appreciate all the post. It reminds us why we are being banded. I thought long and hard and decided to try some easy foods. I have been eating salads and even a little meat very little one or two very small bites. I don't seem to be as tight as I was and I am eating very very slow. It seems to be working. I think I got so used to being tight I was not even trying too much food. I still am not hungry though I have to tell myself it is time to eat. That is a good thing. I remember in the beginning before I got to this point I was always hungry. So hang in there ladies there will be a day that you are not hungry all the time.

So glad to hear it. My first fill was very restrictive. Surgeon thinks I wont' need another for some time. I'm uncomfortable and feel like a tiny spasm when the liquid lands. Hope that weirdness goes away.

You give me hope. I feel like I'm never going to eat like a normal person again.

I posted a couple of days ago about my last fill bothering me. I was going to wait the till Monday to call the doc's office but I woke up this morning and said "enough is enough". I couldn't even get down my Protein shake without pain, gurgling, hiccups and belching when I sipped my Protein Shake. Besides this, I started my monthly and am cramping, bleeding and feeling week from lack of food and liquids since 6-3-08.

I called the doc and she met me in the ER and took out the .5cc's that I was given on my fill on 6-3. I immediately could drink more than a sip and had no problem having cream of broccoli Soup for lunch. I feel so much better now.

I always thought it was crazy when someone said they were "too tight". I always thought that was not possible. I am here to say that it is possible and that I never, never want to be in that much discomfort again. I felt afraid, weak and uncertain about my health. Now I feel 100% secure again. There is such a thing as "too tight" and you don't want to go there.:)

I hope this helps for anyone that may be questioning their last fill.

Lyssa

I'm so glad you didn't wait and took care of it. There's no reason for anyone to be that miserable. Some of the surgeons tell you to wait and wait for relief, and worse, I've found there are people who want to be that restricted to the point of not being able to eat. It's like their obesity issues turn to a sort of bulimia given the tool of the band. Thank goodness you took care of it. You don't have to be miserable.

I was feeling very uncomfortable, but not like your situation. Mine has calmed down and I'm on mushies/soft foods for a couple of days. I actually feel like I overate!!!!!!!!!! I probably only had about 700 calories or so, but by tonight feel overstuffed. I have to learn to stop a little sooner. No vomiting, no pbs, just too full. I eat very very very slowly, but probably just went a little further than I should have done. But I'm happy that I can eat again. The first day or so was very uncomfortable. The only thing I'm really having trouble with is ....... Water. LOL. Thicker drinks like the Protein Shakes and Hot Drinks are fine. So is the mushed food. But water seems to bother me going down. How's that for weird. I'm getting some in today, but not as much as I should.

I'm so glad you didn't wait and took care of it. There's no reason for anyone to be that miserable. Some of the surgeons tell you to wait and wait for relief, and worse, I've found there are people who want to be that restricted to the point of not being able to eat. It's like their obesity issues turn to a sort of bulimia given the tool of the band. Thank goodness you took care of it. You don't have to be miserable.

I was feeling very uncomfortable, but not like your situation. Mine has calmed down and I'm on mushies/soft foods for a couple of days. I actually feel like I overate!!!!!!!!!! I probably only had about 700 calories or so, but by tonight feel overstuffed. I have to learn to stop a little sooner. No vomiting, no pbs, just too full. I eat very very very slowly, but probably just went a little further than I should have done. But I'm happy that I can eat again. The first day or so was very uncomfortable. The only thing I'm really having trouble with is ....... Water. LOL. Thicker drinks like the Protein shakes and hot drinks are fine. So is the mushed food. But Water seems to bother me going down. How's that for weird. I'm getting some in today, but not as much as I should.

Actually not being able to get water down isn't all that weird. A lot of people have that. Try finding some low calorie juices (diet ocean spray, diet V8 splash, or another "diet" juice) and drink those. They still count as water! Also, try adding Crystal Light...for some people that helps as well.

I also had second fill a week ago. If I eat anything very solid, my esophagus spasms. Will this get better. I'm at 5 cc fill.

I also had second fill a week ago. If I eat anything very solid, my esophagus spasms. Will this get better. I'm at 5 cc fill.

I would call your doctor. If your esophagus is spasming it might mean you are way too tight.

Hi Salsa,

I've come to the point where I'm not surprised anymore to see that not one of my symptoms belongs to me alon-LOL.

Yup, I count everything as Water. Even the popsicle I had yesterday. It hits the stomach as Water. The water thing may or may not get better, but most of the time I don't mind having tea or Decaf instead.

The good news is everyday is better, and if I feel overstuffed at 700-800 calories a day, this is working. I have been told that as time goes on I may not get hungry much and may forget lunch, etc. but for now, I'm still healing and want to not lose muscle, so I eat very slowly but get the Protein in. This morning, I am not hungry or thirsty, but I'm slowly getting in my greek yogurt (5 oz container) and when I'm done I'll slowly start water or coffee.

I'm just happy I haven't gagged, pb'd, etc, as yet. My BIL said just take it very very slow at each meal. I'm saving the fun for when I start to add new foods.

Take care.