Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had first fill - How much is too much food per day?

I need some help! I was banded April 23 and lost 25lbs within 3 weeks:thumbup: but the 4th week I was starved and eating everything, no weight loss then. I had my first fill on May 27th and can now tell some difference. No where near as tight as after surgery but I am not eating as much as that 4th week and not as hungry. I have lost 2 more pounds this week and my clothes are fitting much better. Down a whole size and don't even have to unbutton or unzip them to put on or off.

My doctor told me that I should be eating 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups per meal but WHAT should I be eating? Mostly Protein? No fried foods (chicken nuggets are the easiest for me to eat)? or should I be watching calories?

I excercise everday for 45 -60 minutes so that is going good. But I want to lose as much as I can. Definitely don't want to waste this oppotunity. So, if I'm not doing my food right, I want to know!!!

Look forward to any advice you guys can give!:(

I need some help! I was banded April 23 and lost 25lbs within 3 weeks:thumbup: but the 4th week I was starved and eating everything, no weight loss then. I had my first fill on May 27th and can now tell some difference. No where near as tight as after surgery but I am not eating as much as that 4th week and not as hungry. I have lost 2 more pounds this week and my clothes are fitting much better. Down a whole size and don't even have to unbutton or unzip them to put on or off.

My doctor told me that I should be eating 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups per meal but WHAT should I be eating? Mostly Protein? No fried foods (chicken nuggets are the easiest for me to eat)? or should I be watching calories?

I excercise everday for 45 -60 minutes so that is going good. But I want to lose as much as I can. Definitely don't want to waste this oppotunity. So, if I'm not doing my food right, I want to know!!!

Look forward to any advice you guys can give!:tongue2:

Hi there! I believe the trick is to make ABSOLUTELY sure that you get at least 70 grams of protein in every day. It will keep you satisfied and not hungry. I use a powder EAS shake...taken with 16 oz of nonfat milk it gives me 45 grams of protein. That is 27 from the EAS and 9 grams per 8 oz of milk. Two of those and you're good to go! Good luck!:thumbup:

I was banded on May 7, got my first fill on June 5. Lost 30 lbs. initially, and needed the fill. It has been more of a challenge. I do remember that the dietician told me to eat 50-60 grams of protein/day, and to eat in this order: Protein, vegetables, fruit, then starches. I'm having more problems with quantity - 1 1/2 cups is hard for me at one meal. The hardest thing is not do drink while or immediately after eating (I get very thirsty). I find myself gravitating to softer foods. Early morning is hardest, and I can get down a Protein Shake, but really can't take semi-solid food. I can't eat anything that is very dry.

I record all my food on MyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home which helps me evaluate my caloric and nutritional intake. I am surprised I am getting as much nutrition as I am eating less than 1200 calories/day. I can eat so little I find I choose my food much more carefully - and actually cook fresh vegetables. I try to cook on weekends and put food into very small containers for meals throughout the week. tuna and salmon salad are favorites (I even use real Mayonnaise because the portions are so small).

This is definitely a different deal than "dieting" because I really focus on the nutritional aspects of what I eat. Drinking the 64 oz. of Water (or in my case Propel and water) is very important for between meals, both for hydration and satiety.

For many of us, this is probably the first time in our lives we have eaten with discipline and thoughtfulness, so it is not that easy. I know I always just ate when, what, and as much as I wanted.

Good luck to all of you.