Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Exercise Challenge

Hi everyone,

finally got off my @ss and did something. I did my 4.5 mountain walk. I started the first part of the Couch to 5K program. Thanks Frangi!!

You are all so active and that is great!! I need to kick it up quite a few notches!!

Enjoy your Sunday!

jody - what mountain ya walking?

long island transplant here, in TX - for WAY too long; don't get up east often .... congrats on starting the C5K. it was that obnoxious guy on the podcast that got this booty moving & consistently...

so - i realize why hubby likes twilight golf ... the beer:rolleyes: & well i had to have 2 shiners myself - bad me...

yesterday -

pilates in the park ( way early - w/my granola sister in law to be :ohmy: )

today -

soccer game in the morning, then did some pool time.

hope all had a good wkend - ceradad, look forward to your post~

jody - what mountain ya walking?

long island transplant here, in TX - for WAY too long; don't get up east often .... congrats on starting the C5K. it was that obnoxious guy on the podcast that got this booty moving & consistently...

so - i realize why hubby likes twilight golf ... the beer:rolleyes: & well i had to have 2 shiners myself - bad me...

yesterday -

pilates in the park ( way early - w/my granola sister in law to be :ohmy: )

today -

soccer game in the morning, then did some pool time.

hope all had a good wkend - ceradad, look forward to your post~

Hi Luluc,

I walk the mountain in Lincoln Park, NJ. We only have 2 since we are mostly flood area!:crying: They are steep hills that really carve off the inches. I need to get highly motivated like the rest of you!!

going to try to work hard these next 3 days - getting my wisdom teeth pulled on thurs & might be out for the count for a couple....

today -

50min training session - all upper body & abs

spin class

Hi Everyone! Been off for a few days... had to work the last 2 days. Today is a new day! I walked the park 2 miles today!

Tess

4.5 mile walk but I did manage to jog a half mile of it!! I have never ever done that before. Thanks Salsa for your advice on short strides. I won't win the race with my time but I will finish!!

Now I am off to my Yoga/Pilates class. Have a great evening!:sad_smile:

:sad_smile: Under the weather today, went to the gym though and did 35min on the treadmill at 3 mph.

Tess

SUCH a hot/humid day in TX!!!

today ~

90min conditioning class w/Baylor Ftball plyrs again; i'm a glutten for punnishment - because it was really hot this AM. lots, and lots of sprint / ladder / stadium stair drills. pushups / situps / dips oh my....i'm slowly impressing hubby who played DE at OSU & he can't believe i'm out there huffing it.

hope your feeling better tess!!

Today before the storms hit... I walked 1.5 miles

Tess

I like this thread...helps to put your accomplishments down...because in my book exercising is about accomplishments.

Monday-60min of Water aerobics

Tuesday-a.m. 60 min. of Water aerobics/p.m. 60 min. of water aerobics-Burn Baby Burn Class

Wednesday-I hurt all over from last nights Burn Baby Burn class and could not make the a.m. water aerobics class

Thursday-60 min. Burn Baby Burn Water Aerobics class

Fri/Sat/Sun-Off

Dang it...my work scheduled changed and I can't make a class on Friday. Nothing on Sat/Sun or I would go...I love water aerobics and I hate to miss it.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Cindy

Check in time. I've been on vacation since Monday, so I haven't been on here. Too busy.

Saturday-Ran my 4th 5k. Very hilly course. Finally managed to run the whole way and came in @ 29:10. 40 seconds slower than my last 2, but with the hills, I was happy.

Sunday-Took day off from exercising.

Monday-As I was off from work, I rode my bike to the gym. Took my now medium course there and long way back. Medium course is 3.75 miles, long way is 5.75 miles. Did my upper body 11 rep workout and 90 minutes of cardio.

Sidenote-woke up with very painful nerve on bottom of my foot. Been having problems with it from time to time, but it was constant.

Tuesday-foot still sore, but still made it in to the gym. Rode bike long way round trip to gym. Lower body 11 rep circuit workout. 65 minutes of cardio.

Wed-Foot still sore. Rode bike long way roundtrip to gym. 100 minutes of cardio only.

Thursday-Ditto on foot. Did not ride bike as I had my appt with the PA for my lb. Did my 11 rep circuits for upper body and 65 minutes of cardio.

Friday-Foot-pain. Working a double today so I had to get both lower body and cardio in this morning. Only got 45 minutes of cardio in.:thumbs_up:

Talked with DW last night about foot pain. She said she had something similiar when she was 17. Forget what she called it, but said it is a bunch of nerves that get bunched up. Only treatment is surgery to cut them out. May have to put the whole sprint tri thing on hold for this summer. I have dr appt for it, but not until July 7.

Oh yeah, funny story from PA appt yesterday. I was talking with her about my goal weight. Said I was looking to get to 240 and maintain btwn 235 and 250. She said they had a program on computer to show ideal and goal weights.

She couldn't get it going, so she got an older lady to come in and help her out. New lady, Barb, brought up the program. Said they like to get people to about 75% of excess body weight from initial appt. For me, that would be about 220. Ideal for my height is 172. Said maybe somewhere btwn there for around 195. I looked at them both and :thumbs_up:. They both said it wasn't going to happen for me as I obviously work out with weights.

Barb then looked at me and said "May I?" and proceeded to grab my biceps, my pecs and my thighs. Then said that I really do workout. I realized I had just been "felt up" at my surgeons office. And for the right reasons.:thumbs_up:

Needless to say, it made my day.

You got felt up! Thats awesome!!!!!

I selpt through my alarm this morning DANG IT! I got to get a better way to wake me up. I have been watching my cals really close the last 2 days as my weight has been stuck for 4 weeks or so.

Well it has helped. GOt between 1200-1500 and the scale looks like its moving again. 269.5 this morning and thats on my high bathroom scale. My YMCA scale normally reads lower. SO nothing for today (Thats SO FRUSTRATING for me) tomorrow i will be at the 7.15am spin class and after i should be able to take a run and swim i hope.