Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Independence Day Challenge

Anyone up for a challenge? Challenges really motivate me so I thought we should give a shot. The challenge starts now and will end July 4th. That gives us about 4&1/2 weeks. If you want to participate, let me know and I'll add you to the list. Just list your starting weight, current weight, and your challenge goal weight. I'll also add any updates too! Good luck everyone!

georgia girl

starting weight: 244

current weight: 244

challenge goal weight: 234

pounds to go: 10

Leslie2Lose

starting weight: 226

current weight: 226

challenge goal weight: 215

pounds to go: 11

nip50

starting weight: 193

current weight: 193

challenge goal weight: 185

pounds to go: 8

Edited by georgia girl

Guest Leslie2Lose

georgia girl

Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yea, I needed a motivator - I've been doing great with the exercise and of course this past weekend my diet tanked again. I didn't do really bad, but I could have done a lot better. I'm hoping to work some of it off today walking and the Y. Oh I joined the Y. Love it! Looking forward to swimming today- whoohoo!!!

I didn't do the best over the weekend either. We went to Johnny Carino's (Italian nachos :lol:) Saturday night then to the Fun Park. I did work off some of my bad choices playing laser tag though. It was really fun!

I am going to the Y today too. I'm sure I will stick to my usual...strength training and the elliptical. I'm still not really to wear a swimsuit in public, so the only swimming I'll be doing is at my sister's house, lol!

Count me in. I may be setting myself up for failure since I'm going on vacation next week and also the week of July 4th, but this may be the incentive that I need. It might also help me be good on vacation. What I probably really need is a fill, but thought I'd see how it goes next week. I don't have an appointment until just before the end of the month so I can't count on that helping me with this.

Starting weight: 193

Current weight: 193

Challenge goal weight: 185

Hey nip! I added you to the list. Glad you decided to join us. I think we should make this a monthly thing. It really does keep me motivated.

Good gravy woman...I can't believe how much weight you have lost! You have done soooo well! Any tips you can share?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay - I think I made a huge mistake today! I joined DH for raquetball. Do you know how long it has been since I played raquetball?? 10 years at least!! I was about 140 pounds last time I played...OMG...my right arm is starting to get really sore. What was I thinking? It was SO much fun though!!! We didn't play a real game, just chased the ball around - maybe I'll play some of the fat off of my arms - I hate my arms! My 7 year old DD likes to jiggle them...she thinks it is funny, I however don't find it so amusing. My challenge this week - play again! Wednesday - we'll see...maybe we'll build up to a game. I still whooped him though!! hahahahaha!

My teenagers think my arms are really gross - we call them bat wings. When I hold them out they spread out just like a bat's wings.

Georgia girl - Sorry no great secrets here on the weight loss. I have just been very diligent in following the bandsters rules, I very seldom over indulge anymore. I just don't seem to have the desire anymore. My husband likes blizzards once in awhile and all I'll have is 3 or 4 bites of his and that takes care of me. I don't even exercise that much. I try to do the treadmill 4-5 times a week and that's about it.

Leslie, good for you! I played tennis in high school (I probably about 135lbs) and I just told DH we need to start playing again. It is wonderful exercise. Any game that involves running back and forth in all different directions has got to be good!

PS. I always whoop my hubby too, LOL!

My teenagers think my arms are really gross - we call them bat wings. When I hold them out they spread out just like a bat's wings.

Georgia girl - Sorry no great secrets here on the weight loss. I have just been very diligent in following the bandsters rules, I very seldom over indulge anymore. I just don't seem to have the desire anymore. My husband likes blizzards once in awhile and all I'll have is 3 or 4 bites of his and that takes care of me. I don't even exercise that much. I try to do the treadmill 4-5 times a week and that's about it.

nip, your arms can't be any worse than mine. I already told DH that I am having my arms done in addition to my TT.

Hopefully I will lose the desire too! My problem is that I like sweets too much. Don't get wrong, it's a lot better than pre-band, but it could still be better. You have done a phenomenal job!

I want to join tooo!!! Even though I feel like NIp, I am settign myself up for failure as this is our time of the year where we enjoy vegging at the lake witht he kids and indulging in way too much food, so maybe yall can help keep me on track

georgia girl

Leslie2Lose

nip50

jbrad71629

starting weight: 201

current weight: 201

challenge goal weight: 190

Guest Leslie2Lose

georgia girl

Leslie2Lose

current weight: 225

nip50

jbrad71629

starting weight: 201

current weight: 201

challenge goal weight: 190

Down 2# this week - If I can only keep them off next week while on vacation.

georgia girl

Leslie2Lose

current weight: 225

nip50