Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 months out today !

Hello all

I'm still lurking around, seeing all of your great progress ! Hope this finds you well. I thought - as it was my 20 month bandiversary today, that i'd do a wee update... hope you don't mind.

Over the last month or so I kept thinking that I was overdoing it - basically eating softer, high fat (easy to go through) foods.. my weight loss slowed and I was in the spiral that we get - I wasn't quite out of control (my band sorted that) but the feelings were there & I didn't like it...

BUT ! My head is slowly getting out of my bum in the eating department.. I'm getting there. The problem is that I "think" i'm eating crap all the time - but i'm not - when I did my food diary, I was eating less than a 'normal' person - I thought I was pigging out... I'm just so used to eating so little now... funny that - do you get that?

Anyhoo, at the moment (for the last 2 days) i'm extremely tight, tighter than i've ever been, I find myself fantasising about juices and cold drinks... It may be due to overindulgence at the weekend (accompanied by 2 flights - one Saturday & one Sunday).. not sure... so... i'm back to basics, drinking fluids only... not doing too well at it either ! If i'm as bad as this over the next day or so - i'll phone mr G and ask for an unfill - I can't handle this restriction for much longer ! We'll see.

I'm looking forward to our holiday - a week on Sunday !!! Cyprus here we come! hehe ! It's the first holiday for me (abroad) in 6 years - The first for Chris & I away together. I'm going to Mr Galloway to get some fill out for my holidays (about 1 ml I think).. I'll go back once i'm home & get filled again - I'm going to have a "month off", not going bananas but just taking time out from the band (scares me more than flying! hehe). This time next month, I'm expecting to have gained weight and have a tan!!! I'll also be looking forward to getting my fill back in! haha

For the moment, i'm 14 stone 8 (204 pounds) ... BMI of 25.5 (drop of 29 points) and lost 186 pounds.

How are you all getting along???

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Aud x

I saw your photo on the site before and I'm glad you are posting. I'm a Scot too although I live in London these days and had my band put in 9 weeks ago by Mr Rogers at the Princess Grace.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the creeping guilt. I've been using Weightlossresources.co.uk to reassure myself. I went to New York for a long weekend a couple of weeks back. I haven't had a fill yet so was worried I might go a bit mad. I was convinced I would have undone the good work by the time I got back. At times I knew I had eaten too much. I was luck enough to fly out First Class and trying to say no to the freebie food and wine on the plane was more than I could manage. A couple of times I felt uncomfortable. I really didn't feel like I was holding back - cocktails etc!

But low and behold, when I summoned the courage to get on the scale when I returned, I'd lost another pound! When I input the food I'd eaten into my diary, I was still within my daily calorie allowance. It seems there's a difference between feeling like you're pigging out and actually doing it. It goes to prove how much of the change is in your head when you get this device!

You must be so looking forward to your holiday. It's going to be wonderful and I like your month off strategy!

Best wishes!

Scotty

Audrey Congratulations! What an inspiration you are! So good to hear from you. I am 5 weeks since band surgery and have lost 17lbs but still have 102 to lose. I had my first fill yesterday and fell really restricted have PB'd and vomited twice so far.

How many fills have you had and did you ever pb and vomit also?

Keep up the good work....

Corgi

Thats amazing! Congrats on your accomplishments. Its good to hear updates. It keeps the rest of us going.

-Kendra

Hiya Scotty ! I should have known with the name! hahaha ! I know of Mr Rodgers - A few people I know were done by him. Your weight loss is great ! You must be chufft to bits ! nice one !

Well done Corgi !! great loss in such a short time! good on ya ! I PB sometimes - not as much as I used to tho - I think I'm getting "used" to the warning signs of PB's.. I know myself when I overdo it & do my best to stop before it happens (not very successfully tho sometimes ! :ermm ) I've had a few fills (6 I think - with 1 slight unfill when I was too tight) - I think I have about 3.75ml in my band.

Thanks Kendra ! Much appreciated !

Aud x

Audrey,

Thanks for sharing your information. Sounds like you have done a really good job. You are truly a role model.