Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Words from a sugar crazed fool!

Pop Tarts are where its at! My favorite was the strawberry jam with frosting!! Yumm!!! I haven't had any since surgery, and I'm going to do my darnedest to hold out.

I can sit here all high and mighty and tell you that I don't crave or eat sweets (I don't) and that I have only cheated the tiniest bit (one slice of pizza) twice. The truth is, I'm a champion at losing weight. I should be... I've done it enough times. The problem comes later, and I'm absolutely terrified of it. I've never, ever been able to maintain weight loss. A chart of my weight for the last twenty years looks like the rocky mountains... up, down, up, down, etc. How in the hell am I supposed to keep this weight off forever? That's the yoke around my neck. I'll get to my goal, or close to it and be so happy that I'll Celebrate by immediately gaining it all back. Is it hopeless, or have I finally found my forever solution?

Kristy, don't worry, you'll do good.. you have the band now and everything will be different. Ive gone up and down my whole life too.. it does suck. I got my fill two days ago and lost a pound, then started my TOM and then gained it right back.. I'm highly bloated right now, so I won't be losing anything for a few more days most likely. It sucks. BUT, the sweet tooth cravings are done.. I haven't been craving anything like the pop tarts at all now. I think I crave these things when its my TOM.

I'd forgotten about those cravings that come with the TOM. I had a partial hysterectomy (aka "Had the factory taken out and a playground put in")about 10 years ago, so at least that's something I don't have to deal with. Then again, getting older and closer to menopause can have it's own weight dangers. That's another big worry I have hanging over my head!

I'd forgotten about those cravings that come with the TOM. I had a partial hysterectomy (aka "Had the factory taken out and a playground put in")about 10 years ago, so at least that's something I don't have to deal with. Then again, getting older and closer to menopause can have it's own weight dangers. That's another big worry I have hanging over my head!

I hear ya. It's so hard to remember what it was like before my hysterectomy. I don't miss it at all. I did gain a lot of weight after it and I'm almost back to the weight I was at when I had it.

Another weird thing has been happening to me. Wonder if anyone else here has any ideas on it. Lately I've been having a lot of hot flashes. Now this could be due to the temperature rising above 100 degrees. But I also thought it might be due to a change in my metabolism or even menopause type hot flashes since I've lost fat that could have been producing the hormones that stave off the hot flashes. What do you guys think? Anyone else have any new hot flash incidents?

Are you kidding me? When I read this I looked over at your age and I am stimied girl! No way you look like you're in your forties.

You have good genes or something...

Thank you, Band-Aid! That's the best compliment I've gotten in a long time! I don't know about good genes... I just inherited greasy, greasy skin from my dad. Perhaps that will keep me from wrinkling prematurely, but it's no fun still getting zits at 43!

Hey, you're welcome - but I'm just telling the truth my dear!

from Ezma: Anyone else have any new hot flash incidents?

OMG I cannot get hotter than I am now once I have surgery. Noooooo, please God, no!

And don't be busting on Pop-Tarts - they rule! ;-)

Edited by SickNTired

from Ezma: Anyone else have any new hot flash incidents?

OMG I cannot get hotter than I am now once I have surgery. Noooooo, please God, no!

And don't be busting on Pop-Tarts - they rule! ;-)

Think you're safe 'cause so far it's just been me. It's probably because it's 100+ degrees here. And my body is getting used to it for the summer.

But it's a dry heat, right? ;-) j/k

LMAO - Yeppers, dry like an oven.

Oh, Crystal..... you make me smile! I was doing so good, now TOM is around the corner, next fill is on Thursday. I have opened up the vaccum. I know that this fill is going to get me to or real close to my "sweet spot". My dh is having LB surgery on Monday, so he is sorta doing the last meal thing (I'm not doing it with him), but I am sneaking in my sugary /salty carbs. DAMN THOSE CARBS!!!!!. DH goes on liquids on Saturday, I told him I would go on liquids with him. hopefully with my "buddy" and a fill I will finally get completely back on track!!!

Oh, Crystal..... you make me smile! I was doing so good, now TOM is around the corner, next fill is on Thursday. I have opened up the vaccum. I know that this fill is going to get me to or real close to my "sweet spot". My dh is having LB surgery on Monday, so he is sorta doing the last meal thing (I'm not doing it with him), but I am sneaking in my sugary /salty carbs. DAMN THOSE CARBS!!!!!. DH goes on liquids on Saturday, I told him I would go on liquids with him. hopefully with my "buddy" and a fill I will finally get completely back on track!!!

That's so cool about your hubby getting the band! Ya'll can be there for each other. Carbs do suck and they get me quite often!! It doesn't seem like you are off track to me. Your weight loss so far is great! Everybody's body is different.. I have completely slowed down big time with my weight loss, and it's some type of plateau, but plateau's are actually good because it means your body has accepted the weight loss. I miss you on here!!

Your so sweet. Things are calming down here at home, so I should be around more often. The kids aren't doing two sports anymore, school is out this week, hopefully I can stop obsessing about our Disney trip in December. I want to be skinny for our trip, so I'm going to need you guys!!!