Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Exercise Challenge

Well I have taken over the reigns for this month as Frangi gets ready for her big round of PS! (Yeah for her...still green with envy that I have to wait 1 month 2 days!)

This challenge is open to anyone including those banded WHENEVER!!!!

This is a great group of people who are highly motivating and fun to chat with. While we will be temporary losing 2 of our biggest exercisers to the land of Plastic Surgery (TexasBecky :biggrin:and Frangipani:biggrin: still green with envy) I hope that we can gain some new friends here.

Becky and Frangi - Still come and cheer us on!!!

There are no rules...just post your goal and do your best to meet it. Some post time goals, session goals, and the crazy ones like me post mile goals.

Good luck!

Edited by salsa1877

I ended May with a 7 miler and am starting June with a 12 miler. I have a 5K race for a cancer charity this morning and then am coming home and running/walking 9 more miles. Should be FUN!

I did it...I did it...I did it! I ran a 5K under 30 minutes. I cut 2 full minutes off my personal best...and at higher altitude! 29:45...and we have pictures to prove it. Just not right now. They are on DH's non-digital camera. I think we are taking them to Fred Meyers to get them developed. I had an almost constant pace of 9:38 and there were 2 major hills and at higher elevation.

As for the after race run...it didn't go so well. My legs were TIRED! SO I walked/ran (mostly walked) 6.25 more miles. I only got to a little over 9 miles today but is still over 25 for the week so I am happy with that. I don't have any more 5K's so now it is JUST the half marathon to prepare for. Next week we will be back to the canyon and back to training. Tomorrow is my rest day and I need it. My legs are VERY sore.

I guess I'll join in for a few days this month. I think I can get it 7 days of cardio and 3 weight training sessions before my reconstruction. I hope I'll be back at least posting some light walking soon after my surgery.

Today I've done an hour of cardio and an hour of gardening.

CRAZY ATES JUNE EXERCISE CHALLENGE

1/7 CARDIO 0/3 STRENGTH TRAINING

I would love to join you all. Thanks, Salsa for the invite! I have not been good in the last month or so about the exercise so I could definately use some motivation from others. I have no idea what to set my goal for. I am going to try to make it to the gym at least 2 times a week so I will say 8 strength training sessions for June. Cardio I'll commit to 30 minutes 5 days a week so 600 minutes. Hmmm... might not sound like much, but it's a lot more then I've been doing the last month. Looking forward to chatting with you all! I better go get walking! haha

Renee

Thanks for the invite Salsa! this will be my first exercise challenge so i'm not exactly sure what to commit to. my first instinct is to do "treadmill miles" so i will commit to 60 treadmill miles for the month of june!

yeah you joined!!!! Good... we all had to start somewhere. Believe me I did NOT start out by running a 5K under 30 minutes. Heck when I first started I cried when I ran a total of .25 miles!

The first month is always the hardest to pick because you have no idea how much to start with. I think our very first challenge was 12 days. Now I am at almost 25 days a week. So I would have done just what you did. Pick something you think is doable but will also push yourself.

Congrats for joining and WELCOME!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the invite salsa, I needed this motivation! I am just jumping back into exercise so I am going to commit to 35 treadmill miles and anything else I can fit in will be a bonus. I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Alright, count me in. I'm already doing Couch-to-5K every other day so, in addition to that, I will commit to 30 minutes of walking 3 days a week for a total of 360 minutes for the month of June.

Well you have all motivated me to get started. I used to be very athletic and loved to run, but right now I am very out of shape! I did 2 miles on the treadmill tonight and I feel great. My plan is to continue with 2 miles at a time until I hit my 35 mile goal for the June challenge. After that I will increase to 3 miles to really get in shape for July! Salsa, you are my inspiration...thanks!:lol:

Thanks for the invite! I made a small goal this time. I will be out of town for 5 days in 2 weeks so I did not want to make it unmanagable.

So I get everyone here and then I don't exercise for 2 days! HA! There goes my image. Actually I am having a case of the shin splints and major traveling. I have to go to my lap-band doc (which is 6 hours away) to get medical clearance for my Tummy Tuck so I can't workout today anyways. I am traveling tonight, staying at my brothers and then running 5 miles tomorrow morning before the doc appt. Then workouts on Thursday and Friday!

Good luck to everyone and thanks for joining.

JODY WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!!

Welcome to all of you who are new to this thread! It has helped me so much to set some exercise goals and feel accountable. I hope it will work as well for all of you.

This morning I did an hour of cardio.

2/7 CARDIO 0/3 STRENGTH TRAINING

Got my hour of cardio and strength training done today.

3/7 CARDIO 1/3 STRENGTH TRAINING