Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Exercise Challenge

I did 6 miles yesterday. Today is my rest day... and I need it. Tomorrow will be a 5K in the morning and then another 5K in the afternoon.

Good job everyone! LV nice job on 5.25 miles! Way to go!

4 miles today...

6.01 miles today!

LV NICE JOB! You are so going to make your challenge! I ran a 5K this morning and then went for another short run with DH tonight. The 5K this morning was up a volcano. Nope...not kidding. I am going to post a picture of it tomorrow on my blog. The addy for it is in my signature if you haven't visited it. There is some deep stuff there...along with the pictures of my hideous belly!

Well, I decided to push myself to run today. I am such a dork! hahah I hop on the treadmill and I start going. Just a slow jog. I go for awhile, then walk a bit then back to the jog. I'm done with a mile before I know it. Then I realize I am completely nauseated. I get off and start walking around a bit and my chest starts hurting. What in the world was I thinking?!?!? While I am impressed that I can actually run that much I could kick myself for pushing that hard. I'm not a runner! I am a wanna be runner. So, I guess I need to take it a little slower.

As for the goals I made for the month... hmmm it is highly unlikey I am going to achieve them. I have 315 minutes out of 600 cardio and 4/8 strength training. I'm not giving up yet, but I doubt I'll make it....

Well, I decided to push myself to run today. I am such a dork! hahah I hop on the treadmill and I start going. Just a slow jog. I go for awhile, then walk a bit then back to the jog. I'm done with a mile before I know it. Then I realize I am completely nauseated. I get off and start walking around a bit and my chest starts hurting. What in the world was I thinking?!?!? While I am impressed that I can actually run that much I could kick myself for pushing that hard. I'm not a runner! I am a wanna be runner. So, I guess I need to take it a little slower.

As for the goals I made for the month... hmmm it is highly unlikey I am going to achieve them. I have 315 minutes out of 600 cardio and 4/8 strength training. I'm not giving up yet, but I doubt I'll make it....

Hey sometimes we have to push ourselves to see what we can do. Now you know that you can't quite do that much. But don't give up and don't cut way back. What was the longest that you ran at one time?? What I did when I first started was to figure out how far I could run at one time and then keep increasing that my .25 miles each week. I would run/walk 3-4 times per week which was just enough to get my legs adjusted to that distance. Then the next week I would go up. The second day was always the worst. The first time you try a new distance you have the adrenaline of trying to make it that helps you out. That is why I have never done the full half-marathon distance. I am waiting for that on the day of the race, because I know it will help motivate and push me to finish. Also...did you drink before you started running? The nausea and chest pain makes it sound like you were dehydrated. People say not to eat or drink before running, but if you go to races (5K's/marathons) you will see all the serious runners eating something small and drinking before any run. Race days and long run days are the only time I break the no eating/drinking together rule. I have to be able to do that or I won't make it.

I have been terrible at updating. Since running the volcano I did another 10 mile run on Thursday in which I was then sidelined for 2 days with tendonitis in my left achilles tendon. So I took Friday and Saturday off and didn't run at all. In fact...I didn't do anything. This morning I went and did 3.75 miles and it felt alright. I am not sure what I am going to be doing the rest of the week. I am just going to wing it. I have to make sure that this tendon is not going to cause me problems halfway through the half-marathon. I figure I can run through pain for about 5 miles, so I just have to make it 8 miles without pain.

5.5 miles today...almost there!

no exercise for me today...yesterday i got a giant blister on the bottom of each heel and i can hardly walk. today i was told to get thicker socks so i'm going to try and see if that helps out any tomorrow when i workout. =(

4 miles today...it was rough on me...i'm having a bit of a stomach issue and was quite grumbly most of the time...ick! oh well...good news is my fastest mile was 13:20 which means i shaved 20 seconds...yay for me!

5 miles today

4 miles today...it was rough on me...i'm having a bit of a stomach issue and was quite grumbly most of the time...ick! oh well...good news is my fastest mile was 13:20 which means i shaved 20 seconds...yay for me!

Congrats on the faster mile! That is fantastic!

5 miles today

You are really booking it! How is your blister?

No exercise yesterday...I am still babying my left leg. I am going to try and run a mile today and then walk a few more. I want to keep my legs moving but I don't want to push the leg too hard. 48 hours from now I will be in the middle of my half-marathon!

3.5 miles today

my blisters are almost gone...thank god! they were a little bit bigger than quarters...one on each of the bottoms of my heels. now they just looked bruised and are a little bit tender but not too bad.

the tops of my thighs are killing me...i'm not sure what to do about that??

good luck on your run!! that is VERY exciting! at this point i can't fathom the idea!! i can't even run a mile yet without stopping...i'll get there though.

I finished it in an unofficial 2:41:11 according to my i-pod. Race results have not been posted yet. I will update as soon as I have.

The run did not go as I had planned. I was not able to run the entire thing due to a MAJOR injury at mile 8. My leg is quite swollen...but I pushed through the pain as much as I could and slow jogged as much as possible. The achilles tendon is very sore and yes...I shed tears on the course from the pain. I also ALMOST threw up from the pain. The couse was AWFUL. I don't know how you get a circular course to be almost all uphill... but they did. We also started late and the last 5 miles are in the open...no shade and it was 89 degrees by the time I finished. However, I am still thrilled with my results. My ultimate goal was to be under 2:30...but that was pretty farfetched. Had I not had an injury...I would have easily made it. For the first 8 miles I was averaging a 10:33 min/mile. I would have EASILY been in under the time. However, even with walking part and the injury...I still made it in under my reasonable goal of 2:45. As I said before...I don't have the official results yet and I forgot to turn off my ipod so the time should be more like 2:40 something.

I am VERY pleased with the run. I was afraid that I would be disappointed in myself...but I am not...This is an AMAZING accomplishment. I am so proud of myself. I have not only overcome 105 extra pounds, but if you could feel the pain that I experienced through most of this run...you would understand why I couldnt' run the entire thing. The pain in my leg was so severe that at one point the aid station people suggested that they call a medic. Since my leg was not discolored or bruised I figured that the tendon had not torn and I was going to finish. I walked/limped as fast as I could and did run the last mile. That takes determination and guts.

I did it...I did it...I did it!