Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Exercise Challenge

Hey everyone. Well, I joined this challenge hoping it would give me some motivation to stay on track. I have been lazy lazy LAZY! So far I only have 135 minutes out of 600 of cardio done and 1 out of 8 strength training. Boy do I stink at the exercise! There, I admitted it! SO, now I am going to kick it in to high gear. I can still make this goal this month. I think.....

Hey everyone. Well, I joined this challenge hoping it would give me some motivation to stay on track. I have been lazy lazy LAZY! So far I only have 135 minutes out of 600 of cardio done and 1 out of 8 strength training. Boy do I stink at the exercise! There, I admitted it! SO, now I am going to kick it in to high gear. I can still make this goal this month. I think.....

And even if you don't make it...you kick it into high gear anyways. There were several months that I didn' think that I would make goal (and 1 or 2 that I didn't) but I never gave up. I always pushed myself right to the end. You are back...and now we will all be rooting for you.

I just ate something so that I can go run this morning. I only did a 5K yesterday, but I am hoping to get in 5 miles this morning. Time is the problem for me! I have so much grading to get done by tomorrow:scared2:! But at least it is only a half day with the kids...then school is OVER!:lol::biggrin::thumbup::tt2::w00t::lol::biggrin::tongue::teeth_smile:

I did 2.5 miles today...that's all i could do. i got some new running shoes today...$135! i've never paid so much for shoes...i was so excited! after 2 miles the side of my foot started burning so i did all i could to force myself to 2.5 and i now have a big blister! my husband thinks they weren't laced right...i guess we'll see...

Yeah I plunked down 100$ for shoes. They were specially fitted for my feet. You might need to tie your shoes tighter.

I didn't get my 5 miles... I only did another 5K, but I did it all at a 5.5 incline on the treadmill. Also went to the doctor about my hyperventilating and she put me on an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication...hopefully that will help. She also told me that I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon and that I need to back off the running for a bit so that I can run in the half-marathon. She said short runs were alright but I don't get my 12 miler before the half. So 11 miles will be the longest I will get. I am going to do a 6 mile run on Sunday instead.

I will be gone the next couple of days as I am going camping. Will be running everynight...short ones though. Will check back in with my totals.

I am excited to report that I kicked my own butt at the gym today. haha I got in 60 minutes of cardio (combination of elliptical, treadmill and bike) AND I did the weights as well. I'm tired tonight for sure.

I need to find some good shoes for running. Any suggestions? I dont think I can afford $100+. I am almost below 200 pounds and I have been telling myself that I would start running once I made it below 200. I acutally ran a bit on the treadmill today. I felt like and idiot! But I did it anyway.

Salsa - I guess you got all of your grading done? Have a fun time camping and go easy on your running so you can heal up!

I am excited to report that I kicked my own butt at the gym today. haha I got in 60 minutes of cardio (combination of elliptical, treadmill and bike) AND I did the weights as well. I'm tired tonight for sure.

I need to find some good shoes for running. Any suggestions? I dont think I can afford $100+. I am almost below 200 pounds and I have been telling myself that I would start running once I made it below 200. I acutally ran a bit on the treadmill today. I felt like and idiot! But I did it anyway.

Salsa - I guess you got all of your grading done? Have a fun time camping and go easy on your running so you can heal up!

Don't feel like an idiot...be proud. When I first started it was less than 0.1 miles!

No I have not finished grading...I need to get off here and grade...CRAP!

Do you have a scheels? they are really knowledgable and most of those people do some sort of sport...the girl that helped me ran. i guess new shoes come out every 6 months so they had a TON on clearance...i tried a few on and almost bought a pair but my husband found the ones i ended up with and they were perfect...well at the time. turns out the girl that helped said she buys those shoes everytime they come out with a new one because those are her fav running shoes. my husband uses the nike max moto and you can usually find those on clearance...they were all out of my size or i woud have just go those last night...i've had a few pairs and really liked them.

Do you have a scheels? they are really knowledgable and most of those people do some sort of sport...the girl that helped me ran. i guess new shoes come out every 6 months so they had a TON on clearance...i tried a few on and almost bought a pair but my husband found the ones i ended up with and they were perfect...well at the time. turns out the girl that helped said she buys those shoes everytime they come out with a new one because those are her fav running shoes. my husband uses the nike max moto and you can usually find those on clearance...they were all out of my size or i woud have just go those last night...i've had a few pairs and really liked them.

I have new balance shoes, but I had to go with mens, because my feet are wide. I went to a running store in Eugene the weekend of the Eugene marathon. They had some great sales that weekend. I was having some problems with tendonitis in my foot and ever since buything these shoes I have been pain free...well as pain free as you can be running 11 miles at at time:tt2:

I just finished running/walking 3 miles on th treadmill. I am motivated more than ever now because I am noticing the difference on the scale when I work out. I would like to be under 200 by the end of the summer, we'll see!

I don't think there is a Scheels around here. I did a quick search for it online and didn't come up with anything. I have never heard of it. I did find a running store in Richmond called Road Runner. Maybe I can check that out. That would probably be better then a plain sporting goods store like Dick's, right? I sure am running shoe dumb! haha This will be the first time I have ever bought any in my whole life. It sounds crazy to me!

I don't think there is a Scheels around here. I did a quick search for it online and didn't come up with anything. I have never heard of it. I did find a running store in Richmond called Road Runner. Maybe I can check that out. That would probably be better then a plain sporting goods store like Dick's, right? I sure am running shoe dumb! haha This will be the first time I have ever bought any in my whole life. It sounds crazy to me!

The main difference between a running store shoe and a sporting goods store is that the shoes are much better quality. They may be made by the same companies, but the shoe has the best quality materials ALL the way through the shoe. Big store shoes tend to only have the quality material in the heal because most people who wear those aren't doing heavy exercise. If you have bad knees, heals, feet or plan on doing a decent amount of working out/training/running, it is going to be in your best interest to invest in a GOOD pair of shoes. And you are talking to the queen of stinginess! I could be Scrouge McDuck's sister...However I pass more as Jabba the Hut's sister (well...at least my tummy...but not for long!:lol:)

I do suffer from plantar faschitis in my right heel. I am on my feet alot between working almost full time as a nurse and chasing after 3 girls! I bought a very expensive pair of shoes for work and it helped tremendously, so I know that money spent on shoes is money well spent. I'm sure that losing almost 60 pounds has helped too!

When I first started this weight loss journey I was 262 pounds and my big goal for exercise was that I wanted to be able to run. My sister in law runs marathons and I am so envious. I doubt I will ever be able to run a marathon... that sounds so outrageous! But I guess you never know. For now I will be happy with building up to doing a 5K. Even that sounds like a stretch for me. But I am determined!

I have plantar faschitis in my left foot...have you ever tried taping your foot? or got cortisone injected? my podiatrist doesn't use straight cortisone so you can have more injections in a year...i think with cortisone you can only have 3 or year? or 3 total? anyway it took about 5 shots and since i've lost weight I rarely feel it! have you tried dansko for while you are at work? they are exspensive but well worth it. i bought 2 pairs almost 7 years ago and still wear them almost everyday.

as for the running shoes i would maybe try to running store find something you like and write down the kind and style and call dicks or any other sporting goods store or look online and see if you can't find them cheaper. as for not finding the same quality shoe at a sporting goods store...i don't necessarily agree...when i look on asics website...the brand i bought last night...the shoe i bought is asics 3rd best shoe for running and was bought at a sporting goods store...when looking at where else you can buy them 2 running stores came up as well as footlocker and finishline...the running stores may just have more experience and advise since it's more specialized.

I do suffer from plantar faschitis in my right heel. I am on my feet alot between working almost full time as a nurse and chasing after 3 girls! I bought a very expensive pair of shoes for work and it helped tremendously, so I know that money spent on shoes is money well spent. I'm sure that losing almost 60 pounds has helped too!

When I first started this weight loss journey I was 262 pounds and my big goal for exercise was that I wanted to be able to run. My sister in law runs marathons and I am so envious. I doubt I will ever be able to run a marathon... that sounds so outrageous! But I guess you never know. For now I will be happy with building up to doing a 5K. Even that sounds like a stretch for me. But I am determined!

5.25 miles today...yay me. i've been a slack a$$ and need to kick it into high gear if i'm going to make my goal!