Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss.

This is a thread for all of us to post our current weights and how much we have lost.

I'm not banded yet, won't be until around November.

I started out at 419 lbs though on April 16th.

On May 6th I was down to 416.

On May 16th I was down to 410.5

On June 4th (my next weigh in with the nutritionist), I hope to be very close to 400 or possibly below (won't get my hopes up).

I am on month 2 of my 6 month supervised diet for the insurance. And I hope to continue to lose weight until I finally have surgery.

Jasmine

Hi all!!!

I started out at my highest in November 2006 - 416 lbs.

Then by the time of surgery I was down to 383 lbs.

Since the surgery I have gone down to 339 lbs.

Now even though I knew I choose this surgery option over the Gastric Bypass (the my surgeon kinda preferred me to have), that I would be loosing slower. But it has been 6 months and as of my 5 month weigh in I had only lost 44 lbs since surgery (5 months ago)

Then I had some issues last month and had a complete unfill and have just completely messed up my eating even though I had 5 cc's put back in 2 weeks ago. I feel like I am having a hard time getting control again, and my next fill appointment isn't for 10 more days!

My sweet tooth is OUT OF CONTROL and I never weigh myself between my monthly checkups but I broke down and looked last week and it looks like I might have gained 2 lbs. that freaks me out!

I hope the change on the scale had to do with my monthly cycle and not actual weight gain?

When I started my process with the lapband, I was 430 lbs. I just really couldn't believe that I was that heavy. I don't weigh myself. That was back in March. Then In april I had to do my 2 weeks diet, I dropped 16 lbs, 414 I weighed going into surgery which was April 14 2008 and now I am down 31 pounds as of may 31. So I am proud of myself to be under 400. I weight now 399. I don't tell much people my weight, but sometimes I feel proud of myself to say " oh yeah I am under 400". Some people may say Oh you are crazy to be proud and happy to weight this much, but those are the people who don't understand that seeing the weight come off the scale like it is doing, makes you proud of what you have done. I hope everyone is proud of how far they come!

Hi everyone!

At my highest i was 406lbs,

Last year around this time i was down to 362lbs

and now im 395lbs

today is the start of my 12 week diet before surgery...i will update soon, hopefully it will be losses....fingers crossed!

its quite surreal, i guess i feel comfortable talking about my weigh on these forums as i know everyone is going through the same thing. But to anyone else, there would be no way i would tell em how much i weighed.

Harriet

xxx

Thank you all for posting!!!

Apple: I am sure you will start having success again, be strong.

Kristy: I understand exactly what you mean by being happy to be under 400. I can't wait until I have a 3 at the beginning of my weight!!! :lol:

GG: Girl I love you my band buddy hehe, I wish you so much luck with your diet!!!

My highest weight was sometime around November of last year, and was 415 pounds. I was 402.5 when I started the 2 day fast prior to the surgery. I'm stuck at 366 for a month now, but had my 2nd fill today. I'm feeling hopeful. I lost all of that weight in the first month. I have to stay away from fried chicken. See ya Colonel.:lol:

Rob

My highest weight was sometime around November of last year, and was 415 pounds. I was 402.5 when I started the 2 day fast prior to the surgery. I'm stuck at 366 for a month now, but had my 2nd fill today. I'm feeling hopeful. I lost all of that weight in the first month. I have to stay away from fried chicken. See ya Colonel.:mellow:

Rob

Yeah, fried chicken is a huge no no. I do love me some skinless chicken though.:smile2:

Congrats on a great amount of weight loss. I do hope your fill helps you through your plateau.

I wish you lots of luck and thanks for posting.:lol:

Thanks Froggi - I hope so too. I go in for my fill in 8 days and I can't wait!!! I need one so bad, I can hardly stand to wait. I spoke to the Bariatric Med Assit today to see if my surgeon has any cancellations to see if i could possibly get in this week and unfortunately not :smile2:

Oh well as the saying goes "Patience is a Virtue"

I guess I just have to be patient.

I am so glad to see this thread taking of so quick, It is nice to see so many people who are going through the same things and who are at different stages in their journey. I joined LBT 6 months before my surgery and it was a blessing from God for me.

I was part of the Bariatric group at my hospital but unfortunately they were so new to LapBanding that NO one in the group had it done and only 4 or 5 people were set up to do it.

I have recieved so much moral support not to mention the care and concern I have recieved from people all over the world.

To all the soon to be Bansters:

Hang in there no matter what, your day will come and it will be such a life changing event for you that you will wonder how you ever lived without the Band.

Take care everyone!!!

:lol:

Edited by smilin_apple
misspelling

Thanks Froggi - I hope so too. I go in for my fill in 8 days and I can't wait!!! I need one so bad, I can hardly stand to wait. I spoke to the Bariatric Med Assit today to see if my surgeon has any cancellations to see if i could possibly get in this week and unfortunately not :scared2:

Oh well as the saying goes "Patience is a Virtue"

I guess I just have to be patient.

I am so glad to see this thread taking of so quick, It is nice to see so many people who are going through the same things and who are at different stages in their journey. I joined LBT 6 months before my surgery and it was a blessing from God for me.

I was part of the Bariatric group at my hospital but unfortunately they were so new to LapBanding that NO one in the group had it done and only 4 or 5 people were set up to do it.

I have recieved so much moral support not to mention the care and concern I have recieved from people all over the world.

To all the soon to be Bansters:

Hang in there no matter what, your day will come and it will be such a life changing event for you that you will wonder how you ever lived without the Band.

Take care everyone!!!

:smile2:

I wish you luck with your fill!!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Patience is so important. I am patiently waiting for November so I can be banded!!!:mellow:

LBT really helps me through some of the days when I am down.

I am happy this forum has taken off so quickly too.:lol:

Good luck!:wink2:

Thanks Froggi!

Hey do you have your date for November yet?

I was banded on November 7th last year.

I know it seems so far away but it will be here before you know it!

Thanks Froggi!

Hey do you have your date for November yet?

I was banded on November 7th last year.

I know it seems so far away but it will be here before you know it!

No I don't yet I just know it will be in November.

My 6 month supervised diet will be over in the middle of Oct. Then with 2 week pre op n stuff it will be November. Seems so farrrrrrrrr away lol.

Oops. This is my first day and I didn't see the category of BMI 60 and over. I forget what mine was, but I think it was 48. I'm a pretty big guy, even without the fat. The fill seemed better, but I'm getting ready to eat my first meal, so I'll know more later. :lol: Thanks for the encouragement.

Rob

So I had my weigh in/nutritional appt on the 4th I was hoping to get down closer to 400, well I got closer just not as much as I wanted.

I lost 3.5 more lbs. Now instead of 410.5 I weigh 407.

I hope some of it's just TOM crap. lol

I have my 4th nutritional appt/weigh in tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I need it...been lazy.

Bad I know :|

Only down another lb. Pooo.