Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My newest obsessions!

I think I'm slowly overcoming my addiction to food, but I'm sadly replacing one addition for another... okay, maybe two!

LBT! I find myself reading during work, when I come home, heck- I read in traffic on my PDA! (yeah, I'm the one texting at lights and reading my email- honk at me if you want, you won't change me) :laugh: Okay, so that's addiction number one.

Addiction number 2- weighing myself. I have been doing it day and night, mid day if I got the chance! It got so bad that I made my husband hide the scale from me! lol. He gets it out for me every Saturday, but then puts it away. It's been sitting out since this morning in our bathroom and I have weighed myself three times! Before dinner, after dinner, after a bathroom break! I'm out of control! :lol:

Addiction number 3- never before have I been the type to look at myself too much in the mirror, but I find myself checking myself out when I pass by mirrors, windows, anything reflective. I look at my arms, my legs, my butt... I suck it in, I push it out, I stand up tall, I slouch. I look at my nose from this angle, then THIS angle, then tHis angle... I'm pretty sure someone could make a lot of hilarious footage by simply putting a camera behind the glass.

Allright, now I've shared mine... anyone else care to share their newest addictions?? Don't hold out on me... I want to know i'm not the only one!! :biggrin:

My new addiction is looking at my scars especially where the port is. I keep on thinking it's going to open.

My new addictions...

1. Logging every bite I eat on The Daily Plate. I don't think this is a negative addiction, since it helps me plan what to eat, and adjust for changes in the plan, without just totally blowing it off. Yeah, it's like the old wildpower dieting, but I am just happy that I'm back in the 'diet' mode after giving up on weight loss.

I have my second fill this week, and so I'm hoping for better restriction again. I had some restriction after my first fill, but it went away rather quickly.

2. This web site. I find myself checking in more and more, and posting more and more. I does help keep me in the weight loss zone!

Long-term I don't know if I will always do these things, but right now it is working for me.

PS: I generally restrict myself to weighing once daily. However, today I weighed myself twice out of curousity. Within 2 mintues, after a bathroom break, it actually went UP .2 pounds. That tought me a valuable lesson -- home scales are NOT that accurate, depsite what they say on the advertising. This was is supposed to be SO accurate...! Daily weights should be taken as a general guide....

I was skeptical if the lap band would REALLY be the tool that would once and for all help me have success in loosing weight. SO FAR, I have done better than I have in the last 30 years! To me this has been truly amazing and it gives me hope that I haven't had in forever.

We all CAN do it if we keep at it, don't give up, and use this tool!

My addictions right now are:

Exercising, if I don't walk at least 1 to 2 miles a day I feel like a failure. LOL.

LBT, I am on it all of the time, constantly

And keeping my calories over 1200 but less than 1600. If I go over or am under 1 calorie I freak out.

Oh, waiting for this 6 month diet to be over is an obsession too, I want my band!

hehe this forum is one of my new addictions,I visit at least twice a day, as is researching more ways to make our diet more healthy in the ammount we can afford to spend each week, And getting out and doing more. Now that its summer we are trying to get over to the pool more. But I can't walk it and have to wait till one of the BF's days off.

I also run a private game server & website so i'm learning more about sql databases and how to manipulate them.