Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

PS, Becky, if I had a clue how to do dancing bananas I'd ssend them to you in a heart beat. You so totally deserve the extra happy dance!

Thanks Frangi, Lady Bug, Lulu & Cori. Size 8 is clear evidence to me that I'm a normal size now. Size 8 is a medium. Me wearing a medium? Unbelievable!

Lulu, we should try to meet up. That would be great fun. I'll PM you.

Cori, I'm just going to Chicago for pleasure. It is a great city that I never get tired of. A few years ago my son moved there, so I've always got an excuse to go now.

Well Cori, your hubby sounds like he has a legit excuse to be a little reluctant about you having PS. Darn that sweet man. Its easier to convince them if its just money.

:Banane27::Banane06::Banane17::Banane02::Banane03::Banane44::Banane22::Banane11::Banane32::):Banane42::Banane08::Banane30:

Congrats Becky!

PICTURES!!!!!! This thread is useless without pictures! (OK, that might have been a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

OK you two hot mamas - we want pictures!! You were kind enough to share the post op photos but now let the games begin with the new clothes!!

Becky - show us those 8's!!!

Frangi - what happened with the shirt and capris? By the way, do you still have your drain in? It's amazing you can function so normally with a drain. But then again, this is Frangi we are talking about!!

I'll even throw in some dancing bananas to entice you!!

:Banane44::Banane06::Banane42::Banane32::Banane03::Banane11::Banane08::):Banane22::Banane17::Banane02:

PICTURES!!!!!! This thread is useless without pictures! (OK, that might have been a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

Becky, you are a rock star my friend!!!!! Size 8? Hooo RAH!!!! Last MAy a size 22 to this July a size 8..... unbelievable! You have worked so hard. I hope you have a fantastic time in Chicago.... I never thought I would but I love that city. For several years I'd go once a year for a convention and man, too much fun. Great memories. You're not by chance going for ACCI?CHA are you? Hope you have a BLAST on the miracle mile :)

As far as Brian and PS.... he already loves the results and I should lose another 40 or so pounds. I don't think it's the $$ (though I know he wouldn't mind using that on a killer vacation instead of PS) or even being sweet (though is is). I think mostly it's because he worries and he doesn't want me going through more surgery. He lost his mom during surgery when he was 18 and though he doesn;t verbalize it, I know that has stuck with him through the years. He stressed majorly about my c-sections, my carpal tunnel surgery and the band placement. I honestly think he just doesn't like the surgical risks, regardless of the fact that I do really well both during surgery and post op.

Frangi, how much longer will you be in the VI? My husband used to be a hard core cyclist, but I've softened him up a bit over the years. I can picture exactly what you are talking about though with those tough rider dudes.... they can move!!! When you can get your bike back I've no doubt you will enjoy it.... I am completely in love with my new beach cruiser. It is sooooo comfortable!

Hope you are all have a fantastic day!!!

So exciting! What size were you before the LBL?

OK you two hot mamas - we want pictures!! You were kind enough to share the post op photos but now let the games begin with the new clothes!!

Becky - show us those 8's!!!

Frangi - what happened with the shirt and capris? By the way, do you still have your drain in? It's amazing you can function so normally with a drain. But then again, this is Frangi we are talking about!!

I'll even throw in some dancing bananas to entice you!!

:Banane27::drool::Banane24::Banane44:;):thumbup::Banane23::):Banane08::not_ripe::w00t:

Hey Jody,

LOL -- you crazy girl!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I do still have my drain, and yes, it is very possible to function normally and even exercise with it in, as I have been doing.

However, it still does limit the things I can wear. I can wear babydoll tops because they drape and cover the slight bulge that the drain creates, but I can't really wear my new fitted tee shirts yet. So once the drain is out, I will definitely put some pics up.

BTW, my babydoll top that shows a lot of cleavage has really gotten me some good service..........

I had to go back to the pharmacy on Tuesday to stock up on paper tape. Even though I wasn't showing any cleavage when I went back, the pharmacist remembered me and popped right out from behind the counter to assist me again.

I asked him if he could order me some sort of a silicone scar treatment (I didn't specify a brand because you have to be flexible when you live on an island). Anyhow, his clerk just called me. He found me a product called Dermatix, and it's already there and ready to be picked up!

Wow! If this keeps up that Stein Mart top will end up being the best $30 I've ever spent :tongue::tongue::tongue:.

Ok, here are pictures for those of you who haven't seen my before and after. The first one is me last year just a couple of weeks after lap band surgery and the after was taken today.

post-220472-13813137347621_thumb.jpg

Hi Frangi, I guess we were posting at the same time. We will settle for a picture of you in your low cut baby doll top. I could show my DH and he'd be ready for me to get the rest of my surgery, LOL. I'm glad you're getting a lot of mileage out of that shirt. Get some more when you're in Miami next week!

KarenG, I was wearing a size 10 before my plastic surgery. When you look at pictures of my abdomen before ps it is hard to believe that I got all that skin in to a 10, but I did. I think the before and after ps shot looks like I lost at least 20 pounds of skin. It was really only seven.

Becky!

WOW :):tt1:;) Look at you girl!!! You are stylin' and profilin'!!!

You look like a super model!!!!

Woo Hoo!!! Look out North America, cause Texas Becky is coming!!!!

Becky - I think your driver's license is wrong...there is no way you are 50! You look FANTASTIC. And that smile...I love it!

Oh My God Becky - you look super fantastic!! I need to get my @ss moving like you did!! You are amazing! You have to feel great. Is all the swelling gone now?

Wow. You look great Becky. I am impressed at how tight your face looks too, given all the extra weight you started with. That gives me hop that my chins might disappear, too. Look how long and leggy you look!

well, shut my mouth (that hanging chin/jaw thing is never attractive!)

You are incredible! You look like a whole new you.... and 8 looks like it is the perfect size for you!!!! Love the new avatar, the new clothes...... you are stylin' fo' sho'!!!!!! Watch out Chi-town (and I really, really hope you are bringing your VISA with you so you can do some damage on shopping row)

Karen, I wore an 18/20 pants and 20/24 shirt (I HATE tight clothes, always have, so wore looser tops.... not sure what size I REALLY was). I could fit in a 12 (I think....) but will wait to buy that size until it is a little looser. I'm thinking maybe a 10 when all is said and done.... but we will see. I've been too chicken to post pictures, but maybe I'll suck it up. We have a new digital camera so I've really no excuses.

Frangi, may I ask how old you are? I think I've seen it somewhere, but I get confused. I agree with Becky... post that mileage milking baby doll!!!!!! Congrats on your success at the pharmacy :wub:

I went for another long ride today.... felt soooooo good!

Morning All! I definitely encourange the posting of pictures. It is so nice to get all of the positive feedback! You ladies are so kind and generous with your praise.

Salsa, I think my drivers license is wrong too! Today it says I turned 51. Yikes! Actually turning 50 is what changed my life. I was so bummed last spring to be coming up on 50 and looking and feeling like such a wreck. That's why I started investigating the lapband. This birthday feels SOOOOOOO much better. I do feel like a new woman - a good version of 51!

Jody, no the swelling is not all gone. Damn it! I have about 15 minutes when I first get up in the morning where I don't have much if any swelling. Then little by little it starts. By bedtime my size 8's are miserably uncomfortable. The doc says this can go on for months. It is much better though. Remember, for at least the first two weeks after surgery my 10's were even too tight. I was really traumatized by that.

Foofy, thanks for the tight face comment. I'm pleased with how my face has recovered, except for my neck. I'm not sure how much of that is from losing weight and how much is because I'm 51. Its probably a combination. Too bad I can't wear turtlenecks in Texas in July!

Ok Cori, you have been pushing the rest of us for pictures so you've got to produce as well.

Y'all have a great day!

Hey Becky!

Happy Birthday!!!! Banane34.gifBanane23.gifBanane27.gifBanane48.gifBanane41.gif

Wow, you've made so many wonderful things happen in your life in the past year, I know this will be a great celebration for you!!!

:wub: