Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Cori: I like to shop at all the aforementioned places also, but truth be told, I really don't like to shop. It's confusing to me in large department stores where the clothes are all by brand names, etc. I have found that online shopping is just great, because I can think about it, I know what I like and I feel no pressure, if something doesn't fit it's not a big deal, because the companies I use have really good return policies. Here are my two favorites for everyone to check out (they have good outlet sections on line too): Monterey Bay, www.shopthebay.com and Norm Thompson, www.normthompson.com. Have a nice day everyone!

Hi Ladies, thanks for the feedback on your thighs Steph. At least I'm not alone. I can't help but believe that the vertical incision would be easier to deal with, but I am glad to not have that scar. God knows I have plenty of others now and more to come.

I'm also glad to know that everyone is experiencing the numbness. It is very weird, but at least that too will eventually subside. Karey & Kat, how is your numbness now that you are a few months out? Just how long does it take to improve?

Frangi, amazing how men behave around nice breast isn't it? I think you should get a few more low cut tops. I know you'll get better service at the bank, post office, hardware store, dry cleaners, car wash, etc. Basically anywhere that men are working. OMG, can you imagine what will happen when you take the car in for an oil change, LOL? If they are dumb enough to be so easily influenced you might as well take advantage of it. I guess I'm stereotyping all guys, but they've done that to us for years, so......

BTW, I am jealous of all of you who can wear sleeveless tops. I carried most of my weight in the upper body and I'm appalled at what it did to my arms. I know many of you have already read where I complain endlessly about my arms, but they really are so ugly. They have actually taken on a nice shape from weight lifting. You can see my muscles, but the hanging skin just ruins it all. I'm actually more anxious to get the arms done, than the breasts. Even if the scar prevents me from ever going sleeveless in public, I'll be happy when I look in the mirror.

Cori, I am a lover of shopping, but I do try to avoid the mall whenever possible. I think more and more people are beginning to feel that way because all kinds of little shopping centers are popping up around the Dallas area with great freestanding stores. I am a fan of Coldwater Creek and Ann Taylor Loft. There are so many places that I can shop now that I don't need the plus sizes. For example Chico and White House Black Market were not options for me before my weight loss, so I've recently been enjoying them too much, LOL. It is a real adventure for me. I also love TJ Maxx & Marshalls. They are similar to Stein Mart in that you can find great bargains on some very high quality items. I know its not for everyone, but I love the treasure hunt!

I had literally gotten rid of almost all of my clothes during my weight loss and bought only a few basics to get me by as I was losing. My closet really was practically empty. Now I feel completely justified in replacing my wardrobe and I'm having a blast doing it. Even shoes! My feet are a full size smaller now and I can wear heels again.

Woo Hoo!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Becky

Edited by TexasBecky

Karey, Somehow I missed your post. I just want to add that I like online shopping too. Love to be able to shop in the middle of the night if it strikes me and getting packages delivered is great fun!

Also wanted to add congrats on your success with the diet. You are really dropping the weight girl! I'm glad its working for you and sounds like your body is adapting very well. Keep it up.

I am going to ask this here because Frangi still has her drain and the rest of you used to have them. My drain is really leaking around the incision site. My PS said it happens every now and then. Today we went to the store to get some more bandages and by the time we got home the pad (thanks Kat!) that I had arranged around it was full and it had leaked onto my underwear. I am most likely having it removed on Monday so I don't want to be pest and call the doctor but I was wondering if you had this problem. Sometimes I will have it just run down my leg.

I am feeling much better today. No passing out in the death trap...uh...i mean shower this morning!

Salsa: I did have some leaky around the drains also, but not as bad as you describe. I guess it's good to get it out of your body, even if its such a messy process.

Becky: I hate my arms also. I'm anxious to get them done. My family is totally not supporting me on getting anymore plastic surgery. They think I look fine for my "age." BLAH! I don't like the idea of the scar either, but I believe I'll still get it done. I really want to get my legs done and I don't know if my surgeon would do an incision like you had, but it sounds better for looks. The pain you describe though is putting me off. Doesn't sound fun at all! My ps wants to do the back side first (and arms), don't know that he would do the front at the same time and I don't think I'll go in for a third round (especially when my family is so down on it). Anyway, glad your both feeling better!

Thanks for all the insight ladies... I really, truly appreciate it!

I'm with you Becky, my closet is almost bare! I've been buying just a few basics as I need them to get me through until I'm done losing weight. I'm hoping to end up a loose size 10 (I'm 5'8" and have a square-ish, solid build) when all is said and done. Though I don't care for shopping I WANT to look nice and am looking forward to having clothes that will (hopefully) flatter the new me.

Anyway, I look forward to checking out your choices.... sounds like we all pretty much agree on styles :biggrin:

Karri, I hope the draining slows down soon.... and that you do indeed get to have the drain taken out on Monday.

Forgot to add.... today is my half birthday (hey, it worked with my husband) so I bought a new treat. My 17 year old daughter left my bike out not too long ago and it was stolen so I replaced it with this.

Trek Women's Calypso - Open Air Bicycles - Santa Barbara bike shop located at 209 State St, Santa Barbara, CA. 93101 in a dark, cobalt blue.

Both Amy and Jones (17 and 15) have assured me that beach cruisers are totally hot right now (I didn't much care about that.... I had one during college and the seats are soooo comfortable!) so I won't look too much like the wicked witch from the west riding around. I already took a quick ride before work and I can't wait to get out for a long ride tomorrow.

Becky,

What an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING transformation!!!

Hot damn lady, what a bod!!!! :tt1::tt1::tt1:

Congratulations -- it's all SO totally worth it!!!! :party:

Thanks girls! I am really grossed out by my before, but I'm feeling pretty pleased when I see them side by side. No bikini's for me BBK, at least not in public!

Cori, I love your new bike! I've been thinking about getting a bike and your Trek is exactly what I had in mind. I'm going to check them out at my local bike shop.

WOW Becky!! You look absolutely amazing! Makes us PS woosies think about it more and more! I actually finished the book you recommended "Strong Women Stay Young" and even bought the journal. I begin tomorrow. I would like to be where you guys are next year!

Again, you look fabulous!! Look out Texas!!

)

Well ladies I learned a little something about the power of cleavage today (which I'm sure most of you have known about for years).

HA CHA CHA FRANGI!!:tt1: That is wonderful!! I could not even imagine going bra less!! You are one hot Mama!! The islands will never be the same again! Remember, if you've got them, flaunt them!!

Becky - you mentioned Chicos to Cori. I just went into one the other day. What a nice store!! I need to get my a$$ moving again big time and drop another size.

I am so glad you two are doing so well.:party::biggrin:

Becky: Your before and afters are amazing! Your stomach is so nice and flat and your legs look fantastic. Makes me think I should go ahead and schedule my back side and legs. Congratulations!